Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:48:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 326702 times)
T.J.
Headliner

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2003, 10:03:01 AM »

I have a few,

Firstly hearing paradise city for the first time which (since I am 18) was sometime halfway through 2001.

Then GN'R closing the VMAs that was fucking ACE.

And seeing them at Leeds festival last year in 2002, that was cool if weird and no where near the same as some of the original band gigs I saw on TV ten years ago, still cool to see AXL.

G
coolbuddy
Rocker

patience is all you need....

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2003, 04:19:25 AM »

my greatest gn'r moment was seeing them come back to the limelight in the MTV VMA'S 2002.

It seemed like our seemingly eternal wait had ended, but that wasn't how it was meant to be ...

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2003, 02:25:05 PM »

Had to be in the summer of '91, right before the UYI albums were released.  Saw them in Toronto (CNE), and they played for like 3 hours.  At one point Axl said something like "We know you've heard a lot about the new albums, so we're gonna' take some requests It was incredible, because people were just shouting out song titles that they hadn't heard yet, like "Back off Bitch," or November Rain, which was incredible.  That was the best concert I've ever been to.  Ever.    smoking
indianagunner
Opening Act

have a little faith in me

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2003, 03:39:42 PM »

My greatest gnr highlight will live forever....here's why...

I was relaxing one day last May on the hub, when a girl there asked about the Asshole Song from the Albany show last year, since I had just got that show on DVD and loved it, I told her that I could get it to her etc...anyways, this girl and I started talking to each other on a day by day basis and before long we both could feel that our connection was more than just a rock band....

I found out that her name was Marcela and that she lives in Brazil, which at the time was interesting, although unfortunate since I live in Indiana...so that was a bit of a concern for me but nonetheless I felt I was falling in love, so we started talking about the possibility of me taking a trip to Brazil to meet her.   Around the same time the topic of engagement and marriage began popping up in our conversations from time to time....which, I know, seems totally crazy....seeing how we never had even met in person, but love is a powerful thing...

Anyways, the summer flew by and we decided that September 8th would be when I would make the trip from Dale Indiana to Vitoria Brazil......with the hope that when I returned home I would have a wife...

When I arrived it was magical, every connection that we had made online or when we talked on the phone was even stronger in person, the love that we have for each other was as crystal clear as the ocean...

So, we are married now, for the most part, we still have to wait for some papers to be signed, because of the international marriage it's a little complicated, but the point is still the same.......we love each other and we solidified that the best we could to this point...

As far as our future is concerned, everything looks perfect...as soon as she can, Marcela is going to come to the states and we are going to move to LA  to start our life together.....It's going to be perfect...

This is without a doubt, my favorite gnr highlight, if it hadn't been for our love for guns n roses, Marcela and I would've never met, and also, if Axl hadn't played a few bars of the Asshole Song in Albany....I probably wouldn't be married....

so in a big way, I owe my life to Guns N' Roses...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2003, 04:19:50 PM »

That's cool indianagunner. Congrats! Smiley

I've also gotten to know some cool people thanks to GN'R. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 04:22:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rolleri
Headliner

rock n' roll

« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2003, 12:44:59 PM »

I dont have such many of them (and that's pissing me fucking off!)

But:

-When I listened to Civil War with head phones for first time
-Buying all the CD's

Gn'f'n'R's
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2003, 04:49:21 PM »

There are so many, but a few amazing ones to tell you are:

1) driving all around Toronto with AFD blasting from my BMW when I was 18. and having everyone stare because the music was so crazy for a yuppie kid at the time.(1989)

2) going to CNE to see GNR after a little bit of Jack Daniels in 91' and having Axl accept my 12 red roses from the front row. and seeing him smile right infront of me!

3) going to Hamilton, Ontario to see GNR in 92' and feeling the really intimate toned down version of UYI tour (AXL on guitar, sitting on the stage singing and talking).

4) Seeing them 1st row dead centre in T.O Nov/02 and Buckethead throwing me a toy!
     (Screaming AXL's name so loud that I could hardly talk for days).

5)  Waking up the next morning knowing I was going to see him again that night in London, Ont. 2nd row centre stage.

6) Staying in the same hotel as the crew in London, Ont and waiting up till 5:00am to see if AXL would walk in. (he was long gone though).

7)Staying at Bellagio in Vegas last summer 03, and someone saying AXL was in Vegas. Keeping my eyes open everywhere for him. (made the trip more exciting).

I'm sure there will be more this year coming 2004.

I have a friend who get's passes to watch concerts from the side of the stage. He is very good friends with the guys from Mettalica. ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2003, 02:16:51 PM »

Nothing posted here in over a month. Nobody has any GN'R highlights to post about?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2003, 03:20:49 PM »

1991 - Didn?t care about GNR. Didn?t go to RIR II. Thought it was too rock n roll for me... was listening to pop radio music shit at that time.

1992 - Started to hear GNR. Recorded in a tape my favorite songs from the illussions, borrowed from a friend in high school. Liked GNR but just like any other band. The tape had DC original, NR, LALD, KOHD, YCBM, CW, Yesterdays, So Fine, Dead Horse, Back off Bitch & Locomotive.

1994 - Started recording GNR videos from MTV. / Bought TSI & UYI I & II

1995 - Bought AFD - Mr.Brownstone was my favorite. People were envy because I bought the imported one (with the cross cover) and everybody had the original cover version (was not banned here in Brazil)

1996 - Felt in love for Estranged, listening to it 10 / 15 times a day, paying attention to every litlle sound. Bought the Making of Estranged. Played the video about 5 times a day.

1997 - Bought NR and DC making of?s.

1998 - Discovered MP3 / Simpathy for the Devil was my first- played it A LOT!!!! A friend from Law school borrowed me CD?s and I copied them. Brazil lost world cup to France... what a shame! no

1999 - awful year.... nothing happened!

2000 - Discovered the Internet / starded to search for GNR news and found HTGTH / RIR III is announced and GNR was going to be there!!! Discovered OMG. didn?t like it.

January, 14&15, 2001 - Best musical experience ever. AXL and the new GNR playing the classics and 5 new songs in front of me and other 199,999 people from all over the world. In the middle of them I suddenly found my old friend who borrowed me the Illusion CD?s I recorded. I was there with my girlfriend and her brother. FUCKIN? AMAZING!!! I turn to be a GREAT GNR fan!!!

Rest of 2001 - The Blues - favorite tune ever!!!! Started to visit HTGTH an MyGnr everyday, reading mainly the news sections. Madagascar is amazing as well... / Bought RIR III VHS bootleg

2002 - Started reading message boards in search for info about CD and the tour. Bought UYI DVD?s (Brazilian bootleg versions). Brazil win world cup over Germany...  Smiley

2003 - Started posting on HTGTH message board. Stoped reading MyGnr full of bullshit info. The wait for CD gets more and more desperate.

2004 and beyond - Will buy WTTV DVD / CD is released / RIR-Lisbon with many new songs / Europe tour / New GNR DVD released / Amazing new videos... etc...  beer

ok peace

« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 03:24:58 PM by Reinaldo » Logged

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2003, 02:57:14 PM »

If the RIR4 show goes well that will be one of my highlights
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2004, 05:11:53 AM »

24 August 2002, Guns N'Roses in Belgium...

I went there with a lot of friends. I was waiting this day for such a long time... I was like:"This day will be the best day of my life" etc...

It has been the best day of my life, but not because of GNR.

I met there the woman of my life.

We're together for about one year and a half now, we're engaged and we're so happy together. I'll go live in Belgium with her this summer for at least 3 years.

Without Axl and Guns N'Roses, I would never have met her. So I have to thanks Axl for that!

The show was incredible by the way... Grin

Lana
Opening Act

Rock Never Dies...so join ROCKVIEW.NET

« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2004, 03:07:34 PM »

Let me just put it this: AFD saved and changed my life just because the album is filled with so much emotion and songs that anyone can relate to.

The moment Welcome to the Jungle was on I knew I was in for a hell of a ride with this new CD and I decided to listen to it non-stop all the way through.
AFD is what GNR mostly represents to me and that's why it is the biggest highlight. After all it put them on the throne of the rock world and impacted me personally.

Speed kills...but you'll get there faster.
Reckless Rose
Headliner

« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2004, 08:41:24 AM »

my gn'r highlight; the pukkelpop show in 2002, best day of my life  ok
The Michelin-Man
Headliner

Appetite For Destruction = BEST RECORD EVER!!!

« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2004, 09:00:49 AM »

same for me! pukkelpop 2002! also best day of my life (so far)  beer

Guns N' Roses / Velvet Revolver / Adler's Appetite
Rexz
Opening Act

You gotta! eat it! lick it! smell it! be it?

« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2004, 07:00:02 AM »

Mine is 23th of June 1992 de Kuip in Holland fucking cool the best day which i will remember even if i'm suffering memoryloss  beer Cool
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2004, 09:38:03 AM »

my biggest highlight hasnt came yet, it will someday! beer

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2004, 06:21:07 PM »

It's a tie.

July 25, 1992, myself and my 3 best friends all 18 years old having an older sister drive us from Syracuse to Buffalo to see GNR.  Getting wasted on wine coolers all the way there (great designated driver) and proceeding to drink even more in the parking lot.  Summer in between high school and college, good times.  Faith No More sucked, Metallica was good, and GNR was the greatest.

December 2, 2002, myself and 2 of my best friends drinking at his Boston apartment before taking the subway drunk to FleetCenter...absolutely incredible experience.  Screaming myself hoarse the entire time...LALD live was insane, Madagascar was awesome.

GNR holds a very special place in my heart.  I just hope I don't have to wait until 2012 to see them again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl, Please release Chinese Democracy!!!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mhr
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2004, 05:51:29 PM »

When i first heard sweet child of mine and paradise city

the concert in 1992 in Rotterdam, me and a friend waited for 5 hours before axl started the show (first soundgarden and faith no more), the concert was due to end at 23.00 pm, axl told all of us (40.000 people) to ask for more, lots of police. Awsome concert!!

the video from terminator 2...

hearing oh my god, finally a new song.

i have been waiting so f** long for the new album, maybe this year?
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2004, 10:14:42 AM »

So I guess I'll introduce myself then, too. Being the newest member of the forum and all  Wink Hello everybody, BC here.

And to the highlights.

So year 1992 I heard uyi2, when my old childhood friend came to celebrate new years eve, immediately I was hooked, and soon i borrowed afd, lies and uyi from the local libary and copied them on cassette. It took a while longer to buy them all.  (And now I would have them all, but some fucker broke in my car and stole everything in it). Me want to do some homicide Angry

But gnr was a huge part of my life since 92 and caused me to end up so many fights at "lower levels of the comprehensiveschool"(which would've been avoided with less pride and temper, or starting to listen "New Kid On The Block" or some other of mainstream music, and eventually I ended up talking several times with the headmaster. But I never hit first  Wink so I really wasn't the one to blame.

T2 and UCBM had a huge impact on me also and I was in heaven for weeks, damn thats a good song! And now songs like Estranged, Don't Cry and November Rain are also so very special to me (also as bedroom music  Shocked), as are wttj and other gnr hits (as bedroom music...  Huh).

Now I'm waiting for Chinese Democracy, or the VR new album

Even now everytime when we drink  beer etc. with friends, we have to watch some gnr videos (at least don't cry and ucbm) before we take a taxi to the town and enter the nightlife.

One other thing; does anybody know if gnr shirts are available sleevles for males? Or how the female ones would fit a male? Since I have some ink done on my shoulder and would prefer to show it  Grin

/BC

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
EliCilia
Opening Act

Love the old Love the new

« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2004, 12:18:25 PM »

Hey all!

- Leeds 2002   They played amazing! Me and my brother in front waiting for axl and band for four hours! It was worth it, thou I thought it was MyDoom beer

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: