Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 10:51:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228051 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 333889 times)
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #360 on: April 22, 2006, 08:27:38 PM »

Although im too young to go to any GNR concerts, i will always remember watching the freddie tribute concert, at the beging of Knocking on heavens door, when Axl put the mic stand above his head and started swaying, it look so amazing.
too young to go to a concert ? but the freddie concert was 14 years ago. but i also love that moment. for me the better moment was when axl came runnin' out with the meanmachine shirt and black kilt and nailed the shit out of bohemian rhapsody !
God, I love that, it's fucking amazing... drool

Hmm...I've been a fan for maybe 6 months
so one highlight was getting AFD,Lies,UYI I&II and Welcome to the videos for christmas? Grin
I had the cds and different videos downloaded,but it's much more fun to have the real cds Smiley
Everytime I watch a new livevideo or interview or something is a little highlight? smoking
And the concert in june will probably be a highlight too ok

shit happens when you party naked
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2006, 09:23:11 AM »

do u really think so?
i would love to go to the concert here in italy in june to check them out...but even if i've only listened to gnr for 1 year or so i truly miss duff slash izzy and steven..? Cry
but maybe you're right..they might be good...and maybe people saying they're not are just missing the good ol' times..

becky

Yeah, it's very understandable and I felt the same way for a long time. Tracks like "Madagascar" and "The Blues" really started to change my mind but the leaks really cemented it. In my opinion, the demo version of "Better" is superior to anything the former members of GnR having done.

how can you say that?? don?t you love nice old dirty rock n roll?  i still not so sure bout this new direction thjat axl?s is taking as a matter of fact, i?m of course waiting for it, but i have to listen to the album to see what it?s really like.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
axlswife
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: April 23, 2006, 12:08:34 PM »

I was 11 years old and i went to a party with older  guys and  they had a big screen  and  i watched  for first time november rain,i definetly changed my life i saw axl playin piano (intro) and i loved it because i play piano too so it was like a connetction  with axl... Roll Eyes
2002 i bought  tickets for $300 and  he didn't show up Embarrassed
2006 am still waiting for him I have 2 tix for may 12 and I am expecting to see gnr  after all these crazy years!!! ok
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #363 on: April 23, 2006, 03:57:41 PM »

Personally, my highlight was getting into Guns n' Roses for myself in 2000. Nothing beat the feeling of discovery of such a diverse, epic yet personal, collection of music. Then the discovery that they were due to play Rio in 3 weeks, and being able to follow it live on the web, back in the old CD.com days. So exciting, no new tour will come close to that level of anticipation.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2006, 12:43:01 AM »

I remember being fairly young, soon after my parents had split up. We had moved in with a friend of my mother's, and her boyfriend sat me down one night to watch a guns video that was going to be on a prime time mtv special. I was 9 or 10 that year, didn't really know who they were. They showed some of their videos beforehand, and i kept asking if this was the new video and being told not yet, but soon. This was sometime after the Estranged video came out, because i think this was the last video they showed before the new one. I only know it as estranged because for some reason the scene with the police entering axl's home and the dolphins really stuck with me. I guess maybe it was a spaghetti incident vid, i remember him saying something about charles manson. Later, i went through a phase where i would record the radio at home, and happened to snag paradise city. This was sometime in middle school, and i was hooked. The first cd my mom let me have was the illusions disc from walmart that had some songs from both albums on one cd. I later got AFD, and after loving it, i bought the illusions, and finally lies. My friend bought me live era for christmas the year it came out, again i thought it was awesome, inspiring me to go buy the tokyo vhs, and welcome to the videos. Definatly obsessed through high school, and went completly out of my mind when they came back to do VMAs. My mother bought me a ticket to cleveland 02 for my birthday the year i gradualted, and i had an amazing time. Finally there were the leaks, which sent me on a spastic run around my room at college, leading my girlfriend to call me gay. And now, the tickets i have to NYC. Amazing, all this time, so many different places in life, and they can still captivate me. Can't wait for what comes next.

Sorry for the length, hopefully someone will read it all and comment. Thanks.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Rosettta7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: April 27, 2006, 12:04:24 AM »

There are so many GN'R highlights.  So I'll talk about a recent one.  Somehow I ended up being the only person skating during the end of a freestyle session.  So I played "Estranged" three times.  It was awesome to have the ice all to myself and to be skating to one of my favorite songs.  The ice was like a blank canvas, my blades were paintbrushes, and my arms were the colors as the sound of the music of GN'R filled the arena.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #366 on: April 27, 2006, 10:42:58 AM »

So Much, I try to summarize.

I heard about GnR back in 1987 or 88. I'm 30 now so I was @ 12 years old. I got hooked quick. Music has always been very important to me. And GnR has always been and always will be my favorite. My cousin which was also my best friend we enjoyed every day listening to GnR. I remember watching there NY Ritz show on MTV. We wore our GnR shirts almost every day to go to school.

We both went? to the concert in Hershey PA. when they toured with Skid Row. I think June of 91. We were 15 . Our moms drove us to the show. They waited outside till it was almost over, except some security guards were trying to pick them up left them in when the show was like half over. Best experience ever. It was GA we were lucky to be upfront against the barrier right upfront. Only the gold seat were in front of us. We jumped the concrete barrier before the encor. When they came back on stage we climbed up onto a stack of speakers that were level with the stage. Slash came over and was playing less than 3ft away. There was a security guard between him and us but it was way cool. I looked into the crowd. Alls you could see was a sea of people going crazy. And theres me and my cousin standing along with another guy that made it up onto the speakers in total shock. Slash blastin away. The guard left us there . When the show finally ended. We jumped down from the speakers but instead of towards the crowd we jumped down between the stage and the speakers. The stage was built on like scffolding. We crawled under the stage to the back of the stage. Axl already beat us back there. They had a trailer set up out back and axl was leaning against a railing spitting and hacking with a white rob on if I remember correctly. We crawled out from underneath starting walking towards the steps that came down of the stage as the rest of the band was coming down. A security guard stopped us and asked fo rour passes. We were dumb young kids so I reached for my ticket stub, The guard said the get the f out of here that is not a pass. I quick ran past him. I put my hand out and slapped slash 5 at the same time 2 guards grabbed me cut the shit out of my arm. My cousin just stood there in amazment froozin. Slash said to the guards to let me go I was just a kid but they did not listen, they drug me and my cousin out from backstage. We go back to the car, my arms bleeding. We get in the car with our moms. We told them the whole story they did not believe us but I showed them my arm and the scrathes. Then they tell us some guards left them in the show. They said they stood in the back the whole time but never saw us up on the speakers etc. The whole thing was awsome. Totaly priceless.

Fast Forward.

We go to the Philly Show in Dec. of 91.
Great Show but nothing will change dthe experience I had at Hershey.

Fast Forward to year 2000.? My cousin and I are still best freinds and a major part of our freinship is gnr. We will always have that bond.
Unfortuneltyl he died that summer at age 26 . At his funeral in the procession I blared the live version of Knockin on Heavens door in the precession line to the cemetary. I put my first copy of AFD on his casket before they barried him. That night I about wore out the live era CDs I was so drunk.

Fast forward. 2002 I get front row tickets to teh second show in philly that was cancelled. I was taking my best freinds younger brother. I felt it was my duty becuase he was to young to go with us before. They cancel the show but I have not lost hope.

Fast Forward to present. I drive my wife crazy with 100 gigs of gnr music on my computer and I'm addicted to finding more. Its like being 15 all over again. I have 2 tickets to the 15th I'm going and taking my cousins younger brother. I have unfinshed buisness.

I'm a GNR fan for life. I plan on going to every concert possible from now to the end of time. And I have to find a bootleg of the Hershey and Philly shows I went to.

Please comment.

Update: 7/30/06

I went to the 5/15 NY show and I have to say it was awsome. Only second in my book to the Hershey Show I saw in 1991. Unfortuanetly my cousins younger brother got real sick the day of the show so he did not go with me. I ended up giving his ticket away for $60 that I bought on ebay for double that amount.?

So on with life, my goals now are hope they tour the us and get tickets to every show I can and take my cousins brother finally with me.

And my eternal seacrh for the video of Hershey continues. It is out there someone has it. Alls I really want to see is the last 5 minutes of the show with my cousin and I up on the stack of speakers.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 09:55:15 AM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #367 on: May 01, 2006, 06:41:37 PM »

So Much, I try to summarize.

I heard about GnR back in 1988 or 89. I'm 30 now so I was @ 12 years old. I got hooked quick. Music has always been very important to me. And GnR has always been and always will be my favorite. My cousin which was also my best friend we enjoyed every day listening to GnR. I remember watching there NY Ritz show on MTV. We wore our GnR shirts almost every day to go to school.

We both went? to the concert in Hershey PA. when they toured with Skid Row. I think June of 91. We were 15 . Our moms drove us to the show. They waited outside till it was almost over, except some security guards were trying to pick them up left them in when the show was like half over. Best experience ever. It was GA we were lucky to be upfront against the barrier right upfront. Only the gold seat were in front of us. We jumped the concrete barrier before the encor. When they came back on stage we climbed up onto a stack of speakers that were level with the stage. Slash came over and was playing PC less than 3ft away. There was a security guard between him and us but it was way cool. I looked into the crowd. Alls you could see was a sea of people going crazy. And theres me and my cousin standing along with another guy that made it up onto the speakers in total shock. Slash blastin away. The guard left us there . When the show finally ended. We jumped down from the speakers but instead of towards the crowd we jumped down between the stage and the speakers. The stage was built on like scffolding. We crawled under the stage to the back of the stage. Axl already beat us back there. They had a trailer set up out back and axl was leaning against a railing spitting and hacking with a white rob on if I remember correctly. We crawled out from underneath starting walking towards the steps that came down of the stage as the rest of the band was coming down. A security guard stopped us and asked fo rour passes. We were dumb young kids so I reached for my ticket stub, The guard said the get the f out of here that is not a pass. I quick ran past him. I put my hand out and slapped slash 5 at the same time 2 guards grabbed me cut the shit out of my arm. My cousin just stood there in amazment froozin. Slash said to the guards to let me go I was just a kid but they did not listen, they drug me and my cousin out from backstage. We go back to the car, my arms bleeding. We get in the car with our moms. We told them the whole story they did not believe us but I showed them my arm and the scrathes. Then they tell us some guards left them in the show. They said they stood in the back the whole time but never saw us up on the speakers etc. The whole thing was awsome. Totaly priceless.

Fast Forward.

We go to the Philly Show in Dec. of 91.
Great Show but nothing will change dthe experience I had at Hershey.

Fast Forward to year 2000.? My cousin and I are still best freinds and a major part of our freinship is gnr. We will always have that bond.
Unfortuneltyl he died that summer at age 26 . At his funeral in the procession I blared the live version of Knockin on Heavens door in the precession line to the cemetary. I put my first copy of AFD on his casket before they barried him. That night I about wore out the live era CDs I was so drunk.

Fast forward. 2002 I get front row tickets to teh second show in philly that was cancelled. I was taking my best freinds younger brother. I felt it was my duty becuase he was to young to go with us before. They cancel the show but I have not lost hope.

Fast Forward to present. I drive my wife crazy with 5 gigs of gnr music on my computer and I'm addicted to finding more. Its like being 15 all over again. I have 2 tickets to the 15th I'm going and taking my cousins younger brother. I have unfinshed buisness.

I'm a GNR fan for life. I plan on going to every concert possible from now to the end of time. And I have to find a bootleg of the Hershey and Philly shows I went to.

Please comment.

Damn good story dude.... I saw em in 91 with Skid Row on that same tour... I saw em in Denver in July.....
g.miles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #368 on: May 06, 2006, 01:36:23 PM »

i guess my first gnr highlight would go back to junior high school when i first heard'em, after that i was hooked. Now after all these years of waiting i am finally going to see them in NYC  before they tour europe and have my first gnr expirience! finally AXL IS BAAAACK!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #369 on: May 07, 2006, 01:58:53 AM »

Last night listening to the Eddie Trunk show was damn sure a highlight.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #370 on: May 09, 2006, 10:24:59 PM »

^same here.

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2006, 01:35:15 AM »

Yeah, that was really a highlight? Grin

girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #372 on: May 12, 2006, 02:07:23 PM »

I hope he pulls his pants down again!

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #373 on: May 12, 2006, 02:10:12 PM »

^When was that?
I have a picture of him doing it? hihi

girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2006, 02:13:13 PM »

^When was that?

Oh god, I think it was Boston. I got a pic of it too

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2006, 02:34:44 PM »

^When was that?

Oh god, I think it was Boston. I got a pic of it too

year?
raaah!I can't find the pic!! can you post it? beer
off topic:
they played slash's snakepit on a radiostation here a while ago..never heard a station do that before Shocked

DMJ
Headliner

« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2006, 07:36:12 PM »

seeing them live in tel aviv 1993

Baron of the bench the panhandlin' master
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #377 on: May 15, 2006, 01:25:54 AM »

OK, new GN'R highlight...Friday night at Hammerstein.  Greatest show I've ever been to.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
GNRgroupie
Opening Act

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

« Reply #378 on: May 17, 2006, 04:35:50 PM »

OK, new GN'R highlight...Friday night at Hammerstein.? Greatest show I've ever been to.

Dude your tellin me that show fuckin ROCKED!!!!!! beer smoking peace

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

-LIVE AND LET DIE-
J.T
Opening Act

You ain?t got no bidness on this side of the fence

« Reply #379 on: May 20, 2006, 03:44:27 AM »

My Gn`r highlight is about a month away.I still can`t believe i`m actually going to see Axl live after all these years.

Btw..Hello everybody,my first post here!.  peace

I know we can`t all stay here forever so i want to write my words on the face of today and they`ll paint it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: