Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 324543 times)
Reckless Life
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2003, 06:28:20 PM »

Some people r assholes. Why pay $$ to go see a  band if you are going to throw something at them. I seen Slayer once. Some guy threw a shoe at Tom Aray and Tom went Nuts on the guy!
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2003, 11:16:19 PM »

ya, no shit eh? i was at a couple of the stadium tour for GnR, Metallica and Faith No More and people were throwing huge toilet paper rollsfrom  the third upper level, people were getiing hurt [no] It really sucks that a few assholes can ruin it for everyone Angry

DemocracyRose
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2003, 05:15:01 PM »

My biggest moment is definately, seing Guns N Roses in Copenhagen 93.(Gentofte). They played for a couple of hours.
The only thing that can chances my biggest moment with GNR is,  the release of Chinese Democracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [yes]
slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2003, 06:26:07 PM »

my memories include...
jan 1997-a friend in school gave me a tape with wttj,its so easy(live) and half of paradise city,i was in love instantly,not long after i borrowed afd from a neighbour and that was me set.
'99- gettin end of days soundtrack and listenin to oh my god on repeat for hours,was an amazin day
'01- woke up to hear my mum on the fone booking tickets to see GN'R in Glasgow(they cancelled though,and the re-scheduled gig aswell)
'02-reading that GN'R were playin at leeds
23rd aug '02-Robin walkin onstage and playin the intro to jungle..the rest of the gig was just perfect...the best day of my life without a doubt
theres loads more bits and bobs..e.g. actually buying all the albums was amazin but these memories stick out for me

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
aint it fun??
Opening Act

I'm am not a llama!

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2003, 01:42:58 AM »

i lost my virginity to a guns n roses song-  actually- it was 4 songs Wink

sign here please
GNR-Rules
This space was intentionally left blank
Rocker

I used to live behind Tower Records on sunset!

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2003, 10:12:56 PM »

1. My first highlight is watching my first GNR video which i forgot which one it was. [hihi]
2.Watching Lourenco's video that he made called "Chinese Democracy" for the first time. (GREAT VIDEO, YOU RULE LOURENCO!)
3.Being Introduced to GNR by my friend.
4.Listening to all the cool GNR songs.
5.Downloading mostly all of them from Kazaa

My last highlight was when I joined HTGTH.com

(GREAT JOB JARMO, YOU RULE!) [ok]

Chinese Democracy Starts Right Now!
FrisianHoekstra
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2003, 02:49:50 PM »

Let's see. Became a GNR fan about 1988 I think , just after SCOM was starting to play on the radio. Heard that song and liked that the vocals sounded different than most "metal" singers at the time , as well as the amazing guitar solo that still gives me chills to this day. Wore out countless "tapes" of Appetite , and was thrilled when Lies came out. Tried to keep up with them from reading Circus magazine , and collecting any magazines with GNR on the cover , like RIP , Hit Parader etc. Bought myself a few GNR t-shirts , even wore one to a wedding , wife didn't carre for that too much. Remember first time seeing Patience at the VMA Huh Didn't have cable TV so I missed most of the videos until later , always caught them if they were on regular TV though. My friends bought the 2 Illusion cassettes the day they came out for me , we went back to a friend's house and listened to them both a couple of times while drinking late into the night. Wore those out partying night after night. One night , had a real small party at a friend's house , this guy started mouthing off to my friend , ... we were both like who are you , they starting talking sh*t to each other. I get Get in the Ring cued up , they start fighting as I am playing Get in the Ring and finally we had to pull my friend off of this guy. Finally went and saw them I believe in 92' in Chicago. Show was awesome even though our seats sucked. Smashing Pumpkins opened up. I had never heard of the Pumpkins (this was before Siamese Dream) neither had most of the crowd , most people went to get a beer while the Pumpkins played , hardly anyone watched them. Those that did though saw Darcy , their bass played puke all over herself from nerves. GNR played Coma that night , one of the few times they played that song live. Show was great , talked about that show forever. The day after my sister was supposed to go to the 2nd Chicago show but Axl split town after being tipped off that the cops would arrest him for the St.Louis riot.  Got Spaghetti Incident , disappointed to some degree , waited for the next album ..........................................  been keeping up on this site for a few years now. Saw the new GNR in Chicago this past year , bought tickets on ebay the day of the show for $12 each. Sat far away , but hey got to see them. Highly impressed with Finck , Fortus , and B-head , sound at All state sucks , and sometimes Axl's voice needed to be turned up .... well the crowd was singing ever word and sometimes couldn't hear over them. But a great show , great night. Some guy that was a Slash look a like sat near us , we asked him how his band was going the whole night. Axl and the band were tight and in fire emotion wise. The crowd went wild as they say. So there it is still waiting and waiting for the new album. Oh , have bootlegged DVD of Chicago show someone gave to me , not bad quality , nice to relive.
FrisianHoekstra
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2003, 03:33:49 PM »

I forgot , between AFD and UYI's , me and 4 friends decided to take a road trip to a college in Michigan after we had been drinking (don't try this at hom , illegal and dangerous) all night. We get to this Christian college where one of the guys girlfriends is going to school , we walk around looking for her still drinking in public , someone called security as we were being loud , security wouldn't come though , they were scared .... they though we were GNR. We all had long hair back then ... and look similiar ... we laughed about that for a long time after. Forgot that story. : )

Thanks everyone for the memories !
FrisianHoekstra
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2003, 03:39:15 PM »

and .....debating who was better Motley Crue or GNR night after night around 1992 or so.... I hated Motley Crue , thought they were a bunch of poseurs and that GNR were "real" . Ended up in fisticuffs on one occasion.
FrisianHoekstra
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2003, 03:41:20 PM »

Lol , finding out how many "grunge" era kids were closet GNR fans. They were afraid to admit it , but one on one they'd tell me. GNR have stood the test of time like I predicted , Motley Crue and most of 80's metal has not.
Brufri
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2003, 03:50:30 PM »

RIR 3 - Standing there, looking firmly to the stage and suddenly...

" Do you know where the fuck you are?Huh"

After that, i just cant remenber, everybody got insane.
use your illusion2
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2003, 04:39:08 PM »

My highlights:

- Finding out that Guns N Roses actually had a new song on the End Of Days
  soundtrack; 'Oh My God' Kicks Ass
- Learnin that GN'R were goin to play in London in August '02
- Getting tickets to see them
- When the fucking intro to WTTJ came on, and I knew for a fact that I was
  definitely going to see GN'R live
- Paradise City at the London gig, shit dude, that was the best version of any
  song I have ever heard live, ever
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2003, 10:10:10 PM »

The day in December '02 I heard that the band I had waited years to hear had cancelled the remainder of their tour...Oh oh, I forgot, this is supposed to be highlights, not lowlights.

Ok, highlights:
1. the day I found GNR boots in Moscow for about $2 a pop
2. the day I discovered I could buy cool GNR stuff on ebay
3. the day I started buying cool stuff on ebay
4. the day I found this website and became "enlightened" about GNR and its fan base
deadboy
Opening Act

... estranged ...

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2003, 12:59:07 AM »

November 5 1988, watching Live At The Ritz on T.V., taping it & watching it over and over again. So many times - "As you all know we is filming tonight, for the M-T-V. You gonna help me rip the roof off this place tonight!" & "In a world which he did not create, but which he will go through as if it were his own making, half man, half beast, I'm not sure what it is, but whatever it is, it's weird and it's pissed off and it calls itself Slash!"
Pretty good for someone who hasn't had the video for at least ten years, huh?

Which reminds me.
Low point - My F*#kin brother-in-law taping over my Live At The Ritz with the all time crappiest movie in the world - "Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes".
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2003, 12:52:04 AM »

seeing this show live:

Handing Axl my cowboy hat at the 12/29/01 Vegas2 gig

Hard Rock Hotel 12/31/01 - passing this to Axl on stage:

Madison Square Garden 12/05/02 -  Kiss Madagascar  Wink

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2003, 07:58:05 PM »

1987 - Purchased AFD.

1991 - Attended the Birmingham, Alabama June 30th concert.
1991- Purchased - UYI I and II.

1999 - Purchased Live Era '87-'93.

2001 - Attended the Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas 12/29 concert..

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2003, 08:55:24 PM »

August 1996 - First time i Heard Paradise City

September 1998- Borrowed a couple of the GN'R cd's and taped some songs ( listened to them everyday )

? 2002 - Seeing the new GN'R on the VMA's

December 2002 - Got AFD for christmas

February 2003 - Bought UYI 2

March 2003 - Bought UYI 1

April 2003 -  Bought GN'R Lies

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
QuincyCarter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2003, 09:49:29 PM »

Not really a highlight presay but the first time I saw Axl loose it live.......03.12.92 Hamilton's Copps Colliseum, Dust and Bones Tour, sitting frontrow,side stage and saw my poor man Axl, take a blue Bic lighter to the nuts, he had the most"i can't believe that fuckin happened" look on his face [no]it was in the middle of Paradise City(first set encore) he just threw the mic into the croed and walked offstage,the rest of the guys tried to salvage the song but we all new the show was over, till this day though , it has been one of the most memorable concerts of my life [love]

Take a few English classes honey...

Take a few spamming lessons... dude...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 05:11:34 AM by AxlGreece » Logged
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2003, 04:24:45 AM »

Not really a highlight presay but the first time I saw Axl loose it live.......03.12.92 Hamilton's Copps Colliseum, Dust and Bones Tour, sitting frontrow,side stage and saw my poor man Axl, take a blue Bic lighter to the nuts, he had the most"i can't believe that fuckin happened" look on his face [no]it was in the middle of Paradise City(first set encore) he just threw the mic into the croed and walked offstage,the rest of the guys tried to salvage the song but we all new the show was over, till this day though , it has been one of the most memorable concerts of my life [love]

PISS OFF, my nails were too long, jerk Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 05:12:12 AM by AxlGreece » Logged

KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2003, 11:12:05 PM »

Don't be like that man....remember that for a lot of people here (just speaking in general not about Lisa) that English isn't their first language.

Try going to a Russian forum or a Greek GNR forum and posting in their native language and see how well you do.

Hell, most of the mods (from what I can gather) aren't American and English is a 2nd language (though they speak it well), not to mention Jarmo.

You may be stepping on a few toes there bud...word to the wise.

My personal highlight would be the second vegas concert (12/29) that I got to see from damn close up to the stage (abour 3rd or 4th row).  Fucking killer.

~KYI
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 11:12:59 PM by KillYourIdols » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: