Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:37:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 324573 times)
Thumper
Catwoman eh!
Legend

The wolf's clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine.

« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2003, 02:12:44 AM »

Meeting Gilby Clarke.

Seeing GN'R last November.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2003, 09:26:08 PM »

ooo and I gotta admit I was squealing like a school girl when a VH1 producer contacted me by e-mail and the by telephone to interview me as a fan of the new GN'R...  and likewise flattered when Rolling Stone magazine contacted me lookin' for info on how to get a recent pic of Axl.

met Tommy in Vegas, also Del and Beta. They were all very nice.  [ok]
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2003, 09:35:54 PM »

it would have to be when Richard flirted with me during Sweet Child at their MSG show. I was sitting up real close, super VIOP section, and i was holding up my cell phone so my friend could hear the chaos, and he came over to the far right side of the stage and pointed at me. It was pretty hot.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2003, 01:32:27 PM »

ooo and I gotta admit I was squealing like a school girl when a VH1 producer contacted me by e-mail and the by telephone to interview me as a fan of the new GN'R...  and likewise flattered when Rolling Stone magazine contacted me lookin' for info on how to get a recent pic of Axl.

met Tommy in Vegas, also Del and Beta. They were all very nice.  [ok]

Hello Eva!!!! [love]

So nice to see your familiar face!!! Cheesy

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2003, 08:50:13 AM »

Hi Drew Smiley

uh to get back on topic
I'd have to say some of my greatest GN'R memories are meeting so many cool fans [ok]

on line and at the shows
Gunners Rule!!!
 [peace]
Jesse James
Rocker

tss tss tss tss gnnnnnn!!!

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2003, 04:44:25 AM »

I heard appetite for destruction for the first time about 8 years ago.Pretty much the reason I got into rawk.The reason I quit the piano and picked up the guitar.(but I still favour piano for those axl moments).

Now I know I'll never die a happy man, firstly because I didnt know about them when they played in Athens and secondly because I was too young anyway (like axlgreece said) to travel such a long distance from Salonika to Athens...     damn.... [crying]

Now my old copy of les paul if fitted with Alnico II pros and I spend about 3-4 hours a day playing gnr songs  [ok]
If I ever get the chance to form a band, well, probably it would be a tribute band to the greatest band ever stepped foot on earth [beer]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2003, 04:54:24 AM by Jesse James » Logged

chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2003, 09:14:47 PM »

1. when i got all the albums
2. msg
3.vmas
4.gnronline update
Atlgunner
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2003, 08:42:30 AM »

The first time I saw the Gunners was in Char, Nc on the first leg of UYI tour before the albums were released. Skid Row opened it was fun but difficult because I never heard alot of the songs. They came out to Right Next Door to Hell.
The next time I saw them was a in Columbia,SC. I bought tickets in ATlanta and got sixith row.
I was working my summer job between college...and i remember driving to my construction job and hearing on the radio. "For u fans going to see Metallica and GnR I have bad news...The concert has been postponed!! I almost cried.

The concert rescheduled for a month or two later. the problem was I was playing College footbal and we had curfew. No problem ..my roommate and i broke out and I gave some girl a ticket...she was thrilled until I told her she was driving!!! We got busted by the cops for drinking under-age .....he let us go and it was an awesome show.
The best show I went to was at the University of Nc...the Skin and Bones leg. Awesome!!
The last show I went to was Vegas! i paid 500.00 bucks for two tickets expecting awesome seats. I sat on the front row of the balcony and got bumped several times (tables). Finally, the last time I demanded to sit and got tossed for RON JEREMY!! I through a fit and demanded my money back....and then snuck back in....and was rebated a week later.
And then of course the last set of tickets were for Greenville, SC 2002 and it was cancelled.
Cant wait for the next show. By the way walking into The Hard Rock Cafe in vegas the night the Guns played was awesome the energy everywhere was awesome. Everyone dressed on black, everyone pumped, great feeling!!

LJ
.:BuCkEtHeAd:.
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2003, 09:22:33 AM »

GnR last year at leeds for me.

*waves to ppl* new here, fresh form www.newgnr.com Tongue
thegoat77
Headliner

Guitar legend. Simple as that

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2003, 07:07:39 PM »

A couple of highlights for me.

1st was when I saw the You Could Be Mine video on TV a few years ago. I didnt know much bout GNR but as soon as I saw the video and heard the song, they became my favourite band. Even now YCBM is my fav ever song.

2nd was the Leeds gig last year. I started travelling to the gig at 8am. Got to the festival at 2pm, had to put up with loadsa crap bands like Incubus, Slipknot and the Prodigy, then I was kept waiting for nearly an hour while Axl was getting ready.

It was 11pm and I was totally knackered. But as soon as the "I believe" monologue ended, and the WTTJ chords rang out, it was amazing. 50,000 people going crazy! It was the greatest feeling, I'll never forget it. Other highlights were the YCBM performance and Buckethead doing his nunchuk-dancing solo, I'd never seen anything like it!! [wow]

All of these will be beaten when I finally get my hands on a copy of Chinese Democracy and crank it up loud! Someday soon hopefully! [peace]

You cant trust freedom when its not in your hand, when everyones fighting for the promised land
oculas
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2003, 01:45:46 AM »

The first time I saw GN'R I was staying up late with my two brothers and we were watching MTV, and Welcome To The Jungle came on.  We thought the video was crazy, but also very cool. Cool
« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 02:04:11 AM by oculas » Logged
axl_rose_cap
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2003, 06:32:14 PM »

being at the ritz in 1987... hearing a band that my friend drag me too.... i seriously did not want to go... and withing the first minute of it's so easy... he won me over.. Axl Rose... the man..

And to top it all off.... He gave me a thumbs up while seeing the chorus to paradise city.... I will never for get

And to SR - 71 and all the others who try to ridicule axl F*k OFF... guns n roses saved rock n roll.... they were on top of the world.. And he broght the shivers down everyones spine while he hit those high notes in paradise city, sweet child, estranged and november rain.. the list goes on... all im saying is unless your legend like elvis and have done more the Axl has.. then shut your mouth.. and keep you jealousy to yourself...
BeefyD
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2003, 02:32:36 AM »

1986: My buddy and I buy Live Like A Suicide on vinyl from Rolling Stone Records near Chicago because they "looked cool" in the picture on the back, for $5.99.  I couldn't believe that voice..... Played it for my friends who thought it sounded like a sh*tty bootleg.  [hihi]

1987: AFD - Bought it the day it came out. Joined Fan Club.  Changed rock in my brain forever. Collected all 12" and singles like an obsession.

Later 1987: bought AFD with 2nd album cover...
1987 or 1988: Saw GnR open for Alice Cooper at the UIC Pavilion. Awesome show, except Steven had a broken arm, so Fred Coury from Cinderella was playing drums.

1988: Saw GnR open for Aerosmith at Poplar Creek. Another awesome show. Left during Aerosmith (sorry aerosmith fans).

1992: Saw GnR and Smashing Pumpkins at Rosemont Horizon. SP got booed, but they're one of my favorite bands as well. Guy next to me gets so stoned he passes out during the 2-3 hr. wait and missed the whole show.  As a whole, I loved the show for the content, but thought Axl's voice was shot. Coma... WOW!

2002: New GnR at Allstate Arena (formerly Rosemont). With some doubt and hesitation, I went. Wow. On time, and sounded great. Was really impressed by Axl's voice and both BH and Robin.  That ending with Paradise City and the confetti just topped it. And now that's my lasting memory until CD comes out....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2003, 08:35:19 PM »

We must've gotten some new members since July 4th who's got some kind of "highlights" to tell about.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2003, 10:09:20 AM »

My highlight is got to be attending the gnr concert at madrid's vicente calderon stadium in july 93. it was the skin n' bones leg of the tour, and opening for them were suicidal tendencies and the brian may band (nice chicks he had on the chorus by the way!! [drooling].

At the begginig of "dead horse" axl played guitar, but had to restart the song when they had played it for almost a minute!!. cool concert, can't wait to see them againhopefully [hihi]

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
mattbober
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2003, 08:22:55 PM »

axl slapping my hand in vegas........
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2003, 03:20:10 AM »

I have to admit that yesterday was a big highlight for me...

I had just opened my email and I got the newsletter from lastroots while I was talking to my dad on the phone.

So I read about Axl playing CD at that Strip Club and I'm not talking to my dad for like 2 minutes... He started worrying until my mouth got back to normal and told him not to worry.

Those damn lucky strippers...

BostonGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2003, 07:22:31 AM »

My Gn'R highlight would be jr. high school.  This was ten years ago Shocked  I'm getting old.  
IraqiDemocracy
Rocker

Well, Well, Well, You just can't tell...

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2003, 11:30:54 PM »

Tokyo 1992: Take away all the Excesses with the Backround Singers (TRACY AND ROBERTA) and horn Section. This is a damn fine show

Coma Live in Chicago: My favorite (as of now) song done live

GNR Unplugged Bootleg: CD of their 2nd to last show ever's Acoustic Section along with CBGBs in 1987 with one of the only performances of One in A million and 1st performances of Patience

Rock in Rio: Proved to Me that the new band is a force to be reckoned with

VMA's: The performance sucked, but it was damn exciting.

Madison Square Garden: From a Blitzerieg "Welcome to the Jungle" to a Newly Renergized "Paradise City". This show proved to be one of the best shows either of the bands ever done. The Atmosphere was Unbelievable as well.

Chinese Democracy: To be Continued

F*CK St Louis- Axl in 1991

F*Ck Hamilton- Jason in 2003

Don't damn me
When I speak a piece of  mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside...
whitey
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2003, 10:50:13 PM »

Hi.  I am the newest member to the site, and a huge Gunners fan from back in '87.   I flew from Calgary to Vancouver to catch the opening nite of the North American CD Tour, but we all know what happened.  I would like to ask someone, or anyone out there to let me know if they know of any places in LA where Axl may hang out.  I assume the Troubador, and the Rainbow Bar & Grill, but I would like some input if anyone is willing.  I am going to LA in September, and am going to check out a few clubs.  Thanks for your assistance in advance, and I am looking forward to many more conversations on the site.  To all Gunner fans, keep the updates coming, they rock!
Whitey [ok]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: