Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 326494 times)
A.L.R.
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2003, 12:32:40 AM »

I have a weird highlight. It was the night GNR played at MSG.  I didnt go but theres a story behind it.  I wasnt a big GNR fan at the time so I didnt get tickets.  But, one of my coworkers was going and then I was like "it would rock if I went"  So i asked my bro if we could go and buy tickets outside MSG.  He said no and gave me a speech about how its not GNR anymore and blah blah.  And i got so pissed and i just spent that night listening to all the albums.  Then after I became a huge GNR fan like in a month, i come to this board and read about how MSG was one of the best GNr shows ever, which lead me to punch my bro in the arm as hard as i could the next time i saw him.

Another sorta highlight is when I wore my CHinese Democracy shirt to school and my friends would come up to me and be like (sarcasticly)"Did that album come out yet?" and I'd say "your gonna eat your words" and then they would say "I think Axl ate em that fat fuck"

ehhh elllll errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
IraqiDemocracy
Rocker

Well, Well, Well, You just can't tell...

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2003, 10:09:54 AM »

Another sorta highlight is when I wore my CHinese Democracy shirt to school and my friends would come up to me and be like (sarcasticly)"Did that album come out yet?" and I'd say "your gonna eat your words" and then they would say "I think Axl ate em that fat fuck"

hahahhahahhahahahha  [hihi]  Grin

F*CK St Louis- Axl in 1991

F*Ck Hamilton- Jason in 2003

Don't damn me
When I speak a piece of  mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside...
Bahad
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2003, 04:56:35 PM »

Brother's quote in Mid 90's.

"Bahad, How about calling your Guitar and Amph as GNR guitar and GNR Amph. Cos I dont think I'll be able to hear other tunes from them until I die."

Damn all my life was Gn'r.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 04:57:11 PM by Bahad » Logged
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2003, 03:50:53 PM »

When GNR were on top of the world I was about 8 years old and my country had just escaped 45 years of comunism,so,allthough they were my favourite band,I couldn' appreciate them like now.

Then,in '95 I bought Appetite for Destruction and I drove my friends crazy singing Paradise city all day long

One year later I put The Spaghetti Incident at a party and,to my surprise,everyone loved it and started banging their heads.

But the biggest moment was last year's VMA's.After about 30 seconds of complete astonishment,I started jumping around the TV like a madman,singing WTTJ along with Axl.I just couldn't believe my eyes.It was like September 11th,but in a god way

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
marino
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2003, 03:43:12 PM »

New poster here - who's been browsing this site for years now.... and a huge GNR fan.  Here's a few of my highlights in chronological order.  Sorry it's kind of long - I even narrowed it down.  Here's the top 10.

1.  Saw WTTJ on MTV around midnight one night on the Headbangers Ball.  Bought AFD the next day.

2.  Skipping high school the day GNR Lies came out and being blown away by
the acoustic material.

3.  Getting off work at 9:00 at night and racing 100 mph to the Hampton (Virginia) Coliseum to see them for the first time live.  They were already in the middle of Nighttrain that night.  (The ONE time they started on time)

4.  A huge highlight from me was the "surprise" appearance of Axl with Tom Petty on MTV.  I still get chills remembering how I felt - I watched the whole show hoping he would show up somehow.  Now that's dedication!  Thought Axl blew everyone away - and looked very cool as well.

5.  Getting together with friends to watch the PPV concert in Paris and the debut of the NR video right after it.  What a great day.

6.  As others mentioned - the GNR/Metallica/Faith No More show in Columbia SC.  My brother and I drove 3 hours in the middle of the night to get in line for tickets in Columbia - ended up in the 2nd row - unreal.  My MOTHER drove us to the show so we could drink  [beer] and waited in the car until it ended - at 2:15 AM or so.  Drove us back 3 hours immediately after.

7.  Listening to local radio for HOURS waiting to hear Oh My God.  Sitting up late waiting for the review of the House Of Blues show.

8.  The VMA "surprise".

9.  Getting my 5th row tickets for GNR in the MCI Center only to have the tour cancelled two shows prior.  Sad

10.  Seeing the new band perform on DVD from Madison Square Garden.  This reassured me that ONE DAY when this new album comes out - they will rule rock music like they used to.  Axl Rose - even with the extra pounds & the goofy hair - still remains a genuine rock star like we haven't seen since.  If you haven't seen the bootleg of this concert - go get it!
DIABOLIK
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2003, 02:37:05 AM »

Seeing GNR at Madison Square Garden 2002, a gig which was 1000% better than seeing GNR at MSG on the 1992 UYI tour.  Seeing GNR on 12/5/02 killed off whatever fond old memories I might have held on to regarding the old lineup.  A blizzard was not enough to keep me (and a sold out crowd) from seeing the best band in the world give what was one of the best performances that Axl Rose has ever given.  I had tickets to Philly the next night and even the no-show can't damper my memories of GNR at MSG.  Like many others, I hope another full fledged GNR tour occurs sooner than later because onstage is where Axl and company are untouchable.      
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2003, 05:16:26 AM »

Hearing Madagascar for the first time. wow

Quick! To the bandwagon!
elikovich
Rocker

Bottom's Up!!

« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2003, 08:37:04 PM »

having the lights shine on me during "patience" in boston 2002...and almost falling over the railing jumping around to "nightrain"

man, that was a night...i remember on the T meeting an old guy who saw gnr back during the illusions...he didn't know much about the new band, so i was filling him in on the new members...it was great...once of those classic moments

ed
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2003, 08:26:52 PM »

Pretty much the whole 12-2 Boston show, because my best friend and I had been waiting for 7 years to see Axl live (it was one of the "goals" we had set for ourselves years ago). I've been to over 34 concerts, all of them major acts, (Aerosmith, Tom Petty, etc.) and the new GNR beat em' all. Smiley

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
DTJMF
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2003, 02:01:46 PM »

When Chinese Democracy came out  Smiley
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2003, 11:04:59 PM »

2002 VMA's.When I first saw Axl do his little shuffle with the microphone I got goosebumps,then when I saw him run to the side of the stage and do the other Axl Rose shuffle......I got goosebump,then .......ah screw the whole fucking performance gave me goosebumps.It was awsome!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2003, 01:32:50 PM »

seeing gnr in cologne 93 and pukkelpop 02!!

and of course last year's vma's

it was like 6:00 a.m. here when they performed, it was awsome!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2003, 02:18:06 AM »

When my Cousin first played me Apetite for Destruction and Lies, I still remember the opening riff of Welcome to the Jungle coming on, I was six, AFD was a few years old and it was love at first sound

When i first heard November Rain, in 1991, sent chills up my spine it was so beutiful

GNR appearing at the VMA's in 2002, I totally had no clue it was coming that it blew me away,

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2003, 05:44:47 AM »

How about lisenting to just about any GNR song at any time and in any mood and still even after the 10,000th time being blown away by it?

Thats my GNR highlight.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
MCT
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2003, 01:59:48 PM »

Hands down, my biggest GNR highlight was seeing them in Toronto........we had good seats.....I could feel the heat from the pyro stuff.......Bucket was great.....Axl sounded amazing.......the entire band was concise/precise......they played a lot of Appetite stuff.....Axl dicked around on the piano.......before guns hit the stage the girls were flashing the screens......and the screens kept showing an old man smoking a doob..........
j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2003, 06:32:18 AM »

i am yet to see guns live, but if i had that would surley be the biggest highlight. but i would have to say the day my dad gave me his copy AFD when i was about 4 or 5 (im only 17 now) eventhough i didnt have my own cd player. or the whole VMA' 02 thing was pretty amazing considering i had no idea and only really flicked over towards the end cause i herd pink say somthing bout axl bringin bucket head in the build up.
simicmacan
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2003, 11:11:15 AM »

Yeah, long time ago. Not so long time but I was in 5th grade of primary school. Now I am 23 wasting my time with you guys. My hihglights?
I can't remember them. I mean dates. So I will write here about events that have happened for about 12 years ago with no writing about dates. They aren't important.  Huh Or maybe they are but I wasn't ready to remember them. So I will start this game choosing my rules.
- Terminator2 (T2) - You could be mine, heard for the first time. Oh, my God, who's playing that extraordinary song? "Guns n' Roses" my sister said and added "Slash is the greatest guitar player at all"
- November rain - seen on MTV and recorded on my VCR  few days later. Supreme. They are Led Zepelin of my youth. Few days later I bought UYI1&2. Yeah, Axl Rose - my new middlename.
- Since I don't have you - seen on MTV one fine morning before I went to school.
- December 1995. - My mother came back from Australia and brought me Spaghetti CD. At that time you could buy only pyrat edition of that album in Yugoslavia (where I live).
- Sympathy for the devil - They are alive! (?) Are they. Some events announced misunderstandings between the members of GN'R.
- Chinese Democracy - that never appears.
- GN'R on WMAs. Axl sings better than ever, I suppose. Please Axl, hurry up, people want to have this album in their hands.
Mail me guys. My name is Sasa Simic and I live in Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro. My email: simicmacan@yahoo.co.uk
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2003, 06:49:28 AM »

2002: Saw WTTJ video at a swedish channel which almost only plays new music like rnb. I was really amazed.

May 2003: Bought AFD cause PC was on it and I wanted to hear WTTJ, at that time, i'd only remember the chorus, and again I wasamazed hearing WTTJ.

This summer: Saw NR and KOHD and recorded them at VH1. Bought UYI 1&2 to hear those 2 songs, lucky me they where at different CDs.  Smiley

8'th sept: Viewers Choice Top 10 GnR, and my list of GnR's 10 best tracks was chosen. I'm almost famus now  Wink
simicmacan
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2003, 10:01:24 AM »

Hey, Charliedontsurf ok
You were in Vancouver and raise riot?!!
My God! I saw it on TV. It was on News. I was astonished. No comment.
I am Sasa Simic, a huge GNR fan. I am 23. I live in Belgrade, Yugoslavia. I am a student of Belgrade Law University smoking
Mail me,people. My email: simicmacan@yahoo.co.uk
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 10:27:23 AM by AxlGreece » Logged
sirp
Opening Act

« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2003, 02:36:16 PM »

22nd May, 1992, Budapest. My first (and the only one) GNR gig. Soundgarden was the first, Faith No More the second band. After FNM finished their set, we had to wait for almost 2 hours before Matt opened the GNR concert with Nightrain. I'll never forget that night.  ok

Remember in this game we call life
that no one said it's fair
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: