Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:03:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 325163 times)
Ayako
Rocker

my soul want Guns and Roses

« Reply #600 on: August 02, 2009, 03:10:47 AM »

-when i went to the first GNR show at Budokan in 1989

-when i presented the flag that i made at the end of the show,Axl said "Thank you"to me,and shake hand with Axl!!!
after that,he showed it to all of us in Tokyodome!!i was much younger Tongue

-when i listen to chris's voice as Lead Vocal for the first time!!! love

A fan since 1987. First show at Budokan in 1988. Visiting Korea, Toronto, Leading, Las Vegas, Malaysia, Chicago, Minneapolis, Las Vegas etc to see the shows!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #601 on: August 02, 2009, 05:40:24 AM »

awesome  beer
TransAmMan
Opening Act

« Reply #602 on: August 11, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »

Well I have a few so I'll start with the first time I ever heard GNR.  I remember being 10 years old and my dad wanted me to go with him to the record store and to get a new cassette of some band he heard about named Guns N Roses and all I could think of was all the other crap he listened to. (60s and 70s classic rock).  I waited for him while he ran in to get it.  When he came out I was dreading having to hear this new crap he bought.  To my surprise when the first notes of WTTJ came on my jaw dropped to the floor and I have loved them ever since.  My other experience was on December 6th 2002 when I rented a limo to go see them in concert.  As we all know the show did not go on.  After the show as I was leaving the arena I heard someone make a comment to me that I look like Axl. (I had my hair in braids like him and a bandana and football jersey on) Well I swear that it must have echoed through the place cause I was chased out of there by what seemed to be maybe 500 fans back to our limo.  Me and my girlfriend at the time barely made it to the limo before the limo was surrounded by a bunch of pissed off fans.  They rocked the limo and wouldn't let the driver pull off. Finally we got out of there and a couple of miles up the road. We thought it was over by then but all of a sudden some speeds up next to us yelling FUCK YOU AXL.  I  thought it was fucking awesome. Anyway those were a couple of great memories to share with you guys and it's the damn truth.   Axl anytime you need a body double hit me up.

Replay the part
You stole my heart
I should have known you're crazy!!!
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #603 on: August 13, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »

-when i went to the first GNR show at Budokan in 1989

-when i presented the flag that i made at the end of the show,Axl said "Thank you"to me,and shake hand with Axl!!!
after that,he showed it to all of us in Tokyodome!!i was much younger Tongue

-when i listen to chris's voice as Lead Vocal for the first time!!! love

That's impressive!  Shocked Cool Shocked Shocked

axlvai
GaxlTheGr8
Opening Act

« Reply #604 on: February 08, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »

I'm one of the "new" GN'R fans. I'm only 13, so I've only liked 'em for a few years, but don't judge my "credibility" or whatever.

There are so many.... I think the first one was when I fell for a guy who got me into GN'R
The second was when I fell for Axl, who got me so very entirely irrevocably into GN'R,
The third was when I got all their CDs for Christmas 2009
Fourth was when I finally mastered the lyrics to every single one of their songs
Fifth was when I heard Axl's piano solo from the Chicago concert (I think not sure which concert it was from. All I saw was Axl and all I heard was keys) It was so beautiful, and I had an out of body experience while listening to it.
The sixth was when I found out Axl's house had burned in the California fire.
The seventh was when I read Axl's answers to your questions on HereTodayGoneToHell.com. I laughed, cried, smiled, and it was a lot of fun to read. The part that made me cry was when Axl talked about almost being hit by a helicopter while in an airplane. I almost had a heart attack.

I hope there are many more to come. Because Guns N Roses is my life!
CrucialFate
Opening Act

« Reply #605 on: February 09, 2010, 01:35:14 AM »

I'm a younger fan. 19 years old. Didn't get into them until I was around 15.

- Hearing Paradise City at the age of 15 in my backyard on a local radio station. Seriously, I thought that was the greatest song I had ever heard at that point. And I recognized it (You know how we all were when we were younger..."Hey I know this song! Don't ask what its called or who its buy, but I've heard it before!).
- Downloading (and of course, later buying) AFD and the Illusions Albums. I think I had those on repeat for most of the year.
- Reading about Chinese Democracy. Honestly, I didn't know a thing about 'Chinese Democracy' until tour rumors started in early-mid 2006. I was naive, and thought for sure the album would come out that year  rofl
- Guns N' Roses show for Winnipeg in December 2006 announced. I nearly shat myself when I heard that my mom won free tickets. The show itself was AMAZING!
- Hearing This I Love. Words can't explain how blown away I was when I first heard that song.
- Being at a Best Buy at 11:45 on the day of Chinese Democracy's release, and buying it.
BurstMusic
Opening Act

« Reply #606 on: August 17, 2010, 11:36:33 PM »

Wow, guys.. just saw this thread. 

I too have so many GN'R Highlights... but the biggest and best so far came at the Rock N Rev Fest last week in Sturgis.

My highlights: http://princess74.livejournal.com/538686.html

http://www.imdb.me/LeahCevoli
http://www.twitter.com/Leah_Cevoli
http://www.facebook.com/Leah-Cevoli
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #607 on: September 29, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »

1.my mother taped ''paradise city'' from ritz in 1990...i had 10 and was very happy 2.  When i watched fm tribute and paradise city 3. when i bought live Tokyo 2 vhs 4. when i cameback my interest in gnr 2002 and became member of this community 5. my first gnr show Budapest 2006 6. December 2008 and cd 7. my second gnr show and the best night in my life Belgrade show
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2010, 05:53:13 AM »

Tonight !

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2010, 10:20:59 AM »

Being a fan for nearly 20 years is full of highlights...  Undecided

*watching the appetite videos on black/white tv on greek national channels
  *watching you could be mine video at the age of 11 with the terminator was obsessive
   *getting my hands on all those collectable items i dreamed about having in my collection one day(god bless Ebay)  Wink
    *throwing a greek flag on stage with our names on it and Axl putting it on his shoulders (in Athens 2006)
     *being in Athens 1993 show and realizing that all those press rumours about the chemistry of the band eventually came true  Sad
      *missing VR at the airport in 2005 after going to get sth to eat (stupid  Angry)
       *listening to CD after all those years,after all the leaked songs,the rumours and the wait,
so many other things....... but finally,
        *REUNION NOT HAPPENING is dissapointing and bad but on the other hand is one more highlight-thing-I-love-about-GN'R,
that never did and never will do anything dont want to do no matter pressure and money.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
CBGNR
« Reply #610 on: September 30, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »

First post. Been a fan of GNR  since early 90's when I first heard YCBM on radio and from there I was hooked.Saw them in halifax in 2006 & 2010. Just my 2 cents , that this band has never sounded better live and the proof is in the youtube videos. So as a long time fan it's exciting to watch,and I hope they come back to Nova Scotia in the future. Maybe Sydney next time, we just had 7000+ for snoop so I'm sure GNR could double that at least. Also really like CD, listen to it often.Great album and def a grows on you. THX.
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #611 on: September 30, 2010, 10:32:56 PM »

On 30/09/2010 I said Tonight ! Right now on 01/10/2010 I say last night ! Had a blast ! peace

Marion68
VIP

« Reply #612 on: October 01, 2010, 02:44:15 AM »

Beeing a fan over 20 years.I have seen the old+ new GNR in concert.Yesterday I was standing in the first row and had a blast...

It was really cool
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #613 on: October 05, 2010, 08:09:54 AM »

On 30/09/2010 I said Tonight ! Right now on 01/10/2010 I say last night ! Had a blast ! peace

I need to quote myself, the whole weekend was a blast ! Antwerp, Lille, Arnhemazing 3 amazing shows no matter what any media craphead claims it be ! Respect for everyone involved, top notch !

dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #614 on: October 11, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »

My highlights were the concerts in Portugal n Spain this week. I had the chance to meet band member and offer them a banner

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #615 on: October 11, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »

You got to see them in Spain as well! Nice!  ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #616 on: October 12, 2010, 05:02:36 AM »

Bought my first album in 1990

1993 GNR concert in Cologne

2008 Chinese Democracy and Axl?s Chat in the forum

1992 concert in Cologne
1993 concert in Cologne
2010 Antwerpen
2010 Arnheim
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #617 on: October 12, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »

So many memories of shows and experiences...I can't even begin to write....yet.

But today, randomly - as memories sometimes do, I thought of one of the four Hammerstein Shows in NYC that I attended.  I was front row for the three out of four...and one memory that I will never forget is of Axl standing about five feet away from me singing and how his whole body seemed to be flowing with electricity.  I remember just watching his body shaking as he was performing/singing - the level of passion and intensity that the man has while performing is almost indescribable.  As an artist/performer myself I was/am inspired every time I see him on the stage.  And that memory of him shaking on stage with intensity pops in my head time to time...and each time I get the chills.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2010, 09:28:25 AM »

(this is in 99 )i was about 4 when i saw/heard  gnr on my sisters video tape of freddie mercury memorial concert after konoking i wanted more and they put a video taped version of the paris gig 92 starting of civil war and after civil war my parents told me to go to sleep and i remember crying to see more ... i didnt until the next morning and that changed my life i asked my sis to make a copy of her casettes and she did and i remember bein very angry whan about a month later she told me that she forgott to make me a gnr lies copy

jamming on my illusions casettes when i was little

estranged video in general (also on a vhs) (best song in the world and video!)

getting tickets to see guns n?roses in helsinki 06 secend gig i didnt use internet before that and didnt know that matt duff slash wasent there but it didnt matter

seeing duffs loaded and meeting the band

meeting  dizzy dj and bumble this year in helsinki

front row center ramp in helsinki

having all kind of collection stuff

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22