Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 325194 times)
blowin smoke
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2006, 03:00:24 PM »

Forum virgin! Please forgive me.
My GNR highlights are borrowing a copy of AFD on vinyl from a good friend way back in the early 90s and it blew me away and I haven't looked back since.
Catching a Headbangers Ball special on mtv back in the day and managing to record on VHS GNR Live at the Ritz Ballroom when their tattoos were still wet (excellent!), but most of all taking my wife to the NEC Birmingham on July 25th and seeing her speachless for the first time! What a gig, what a band. Rock n' Roll!!
P.s any ideas on how to cure the wifes Axl withdrawal symptoms?

no time for questions, no time for games. Start kickin' ass and taking down names!
Fit to Burn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #441 on: August 24, 2006, 01:16:56 PM »

I'm new here, this is my first post.
My ultimate GNR highlight would be the first time i seen em live, may 14 Hammerstein Ballroom.  yes
I also remeber back in the day, lining up outside Sam's at Midnight to be one of the first to get my hands on the  Illusion discs.  ok
Shirell
« Reply #442 on: August 29, 2006, 03:24:46 PM »

Highlights for me are seeing them for the first time in so long at Hammersmith, that was beyond words.  Then Birmingham NEC for a totally awesome show, then Download because I had an absolute blast that weekend, so good I cant actually remember most of it! Grin
strattao
Opening Act

World Tour 2000Something

« Reply #443 on: August 31, 2006, 04:49:57 PM »

I remember waiting in line overnight to get tickets on the UYI tour. My buddy and I just had TONs of bean dip and Dr. Pepper to tide us over. We had a blast listening to GNR and getting great seats. We had pretty bad gas the next day, but at the concert some chicks showed their boobies on the big screen so it all worked out in the end.
RockiesGirl
« Reply #444 on: September 07, 2006, 08:04:21 PM »

I would have to say my "pilgrimage" to Layfayette Indiana in 1989 to do research on Axl for a college paper. It was a life changing experience. Walking the same streets, meeting some amazing people. I achieved a greater understanding as to what truly influenced those Lafayette boys into greatness.? ok

I also spent time in Hollywood and even passed out drunk at the Whiskey ? just to say I did. Not a life goal I recommend kids?? ?no? Embarrassed
forgotaboutsteve
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #445 on: September 28, 2006, 04:34:21 PM »

Well, I worked for Big FD down in Laguna Beach from '96 until 2001, that was quite a highlight.? Speaking with Axl a few times a week and hearing Doug's old tour stories was the best.? Smiley
Cool
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #446 on: September 28, 2006, 06:56:32 PM »

My highlight was the firt time I seen them here in Rotterdam The Netherlands in 1992 , also saw Slash live at the MTV European Music Awards playing a great solo right in front of me which was awesome in 1997 with Backstreet that was fenomenal beer
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #447 on: September 28, 2006, 07:58:04 PM »

well i have been a fan of GNR since I was 9, but my highlight is probably the show I went to in Albany NY, 2002..It was the first time I saw them, and I was in the front like 5 feet from Axl...that was awesome...The hammerstein shows were cool too....
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #448 on: October 02, 2006, 06:32:54 PM »

I started this topic in another forum and I thought it would be cool to do it here too.
Now we have our beloved GNR back, with an amazing tour this summer in Europe and another one in America, tell the most special GNR moment you have lived.

Mine was a dream come true. I thought that I would never have the chance to go to a GNR gig because when they went to Spain in the 90?s I was very young and wasn?t allowed to go. But this year my dream became true. I got the chance to see them twice, the first in Madrid and then the second and here it comes my most special gnr moment, the second time was in my hometown!! I live in Almeria, a small town in the South of Spain and I had dreamed with this so many times I couln?t believe they were coming. It was the best concert I?ve ever been to and I?ve never felt the emotion so strong. I really really enjoyed every single minute of that show and it?s something I?ll never forget.

What about you dudes? beer

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #449 on: October 06, 2006, 03:40:33 PM »

2nd row Center for the 4 hour LA Forum Concert in 1991.   peace

Catching the PC whistle at the Warfield on 9/20/06.   ok
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #450 on: October 06, 2006, 09:17:15 PM »

2nd row Center for the 4 hour LA Forum Concert in 1991.? ?peace

Catching the PC whistle at the Warfield on 9/20/06.? ?ok

thats just awsome!!!  ok

does it sound good?  Cheesy

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #451 on: October 07, 2006, 01:19:30 AM »

Inland Invasion!

Meeting all my friends was awesome, and the show wasn't half bad either! ok
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #452 on: October 07, 2006, 06:41:58 AM »

Seeing Axl walk on stage on May 12th at Hammerstien, words cannot describe, so I wont even try Grin
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #453 on: October 09, 2006, 02:30:00 AM »

2nd row Center for the 4 hour LA Forum Concert in 1991.? ?peace

Catching the PC whistle at the Warfield on 9/20/06.? ?ok

thats just awsome!!!? ok

does it sound good?? Cheesy
Thanks.  The whistle doesn't sound too good and is surprisingly cheap.   hihi
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2006, 12:08:50 AM »

^^that's too funny
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2006, 06:43:42 PM »

I'm a great fan of rock music (especially Magnum, god they're good) and I started to listen to Guns N' Roses two months ago. I don't regret a second. I quickly...err, acquired their stuff from the internet and is now a fan, although I've never seen them live.

The highlight except for getting introduced to them must be when I heard 'Better' the first time... It's so good it makes me cry, and I don't doubt for a second that Chinese Democracy will be their best album yet. Change is good, you just gotta learn to accept it.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #456 on: October 12, 2006, 08:20:19 AM »

The truth is that seeing your idol on stage is priceless!
Any artist has ever made me vibrate and feel the emotions I felt like Axl.That man is a God when he?s on stage love

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #457 on: October 13, 2006, 03:45:03 PM »

I'm gonna have even better memories at the 3 shows at Universal.  Can't wait.  drool
axlslasher
« Reply #458 on: October 14, 2006, 02:28:25 PM »

Getting Appetite when I was 13. It turned me away from rap and hip hop and opened the doors to everything rock and metal.I've had devil horns in the air ever since.I'm 32 now.
Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #459 on: October 18, 2006, 01:41:09 AM »

Seeing the band in San Francisco, and hearing Axl say. "You make it all worth it." to the audience.  Knowing that I was a part of that equation was really special, and it warmed my heart.   love

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: