Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:08:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227785 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 325192 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #460 on: October 22, 2006, 02:21:27 AM »

My highlight is seeing Axl perform in front of millions on MTV in 2002.

I didn't even realize how awful he sounded until much later. I rocked out to that video clip for like a year until one day I was like, "Wow, his voice is kind of absolutely dreadful."
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2006, 06:48:59 AM »

listening to appetite for the first time and realising how bad all my other albums were in comparison  beer

+ the shock of hearing an official ChiDem mix on an advert last saturday stunned me  drool
01matthewst
Opening Act

NEC 25/7/06

« Reply #462 on: October 24, 2006, 08:19:33 AM »

Seeing GN'R perform at the NEC Birmingham on July 25th 2006, they were amazing beer
Loco_motive
Opening Act

Wreckage Of Twisted Dreams

« Reply #463 on: October 25, 2006, 10:19:51 AM »

Seeing them open the Get In The Ring Tour on 05.24.91 at Alpine Valley Music Theater.  Getting dropped off by my dad to stand in line on a chilly March? morning waiting for the local ticket place to open with my high school buds.  Didn't even have my driver's license yet! 

5/24/91 - East Troy, WI (1st UYI tour show)
11/18/02 - Chicago
VR 1/25/08 - Milwaukee
Slash 9/5/10 - Milwaukee
2/19/12 - Chicago
7/1/16 - Chicago
8/2/17 - Denver
11/7/17 - Milwaukee
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #464 on: October 26, 2006, 12:37:18 PM »

It must been the first time Axl Rose made the opening scream at the Norway concert? love

And also when he out on my sunglasses Smiley

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #465 on: October 26, 2006, 07:06:43 PM »

Seeing them last night for the first time was amazing.
Actually, the 8 year old girl next to me in the front row was pretty amazing too.
I wish I saw GNR when I was 8..

and Bumblefoot kissing me on the cheek after the show was pretty amazing too.

Yes. Amazing. EVERYTHING was AMAZING.

Can't stop thinkin bout doin it one more time..
vogstar90
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #466 on: October 30, 2006, 04:08:24 AM »

knowing that there will be an album out this year, words from Axl smoking.... saddest moment was when the oldschool lineup broke up and when Adler was kicked out Shocked Sad
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #467 on: October 31, 2006, 01:58:55 AM »

knowing that there will be an album out this year, words from Axl smoking.... saddest moment was when the oldschool lineup broke up and when Adler was kicked out Shocked Sad

I cried for eight days when Steven Adler was kicked out of the band. On the ninth day I realized I was only a year old and the reason I was crying was because I had diaper rash. When I grew up and actually knew who Steven Adler was I didn't really care. But I think if I hadn't been a year old when he was kicked out I maybe would have cared.  yes
Andreas - N.I.R.
Opening Act

And then sometimes it's best to walk away

« Reply #468 on: October 31, 2006, 02:12:27 AM »

Hahahaha

Andreas - N.I.R.
Link?ping, Sweden
GNRkid
Opening Act

I love beef jerky

« Reply #469 on: November 04, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »

- Making the trip to see Gn'R at the Hammerstein when i was 13 (I live in NH)

- getting the Greatest Hits in '04 and discovering not only Guns, but Rock N' Roll

- Reading that Chinese Democracy would be out this year at the beggining of the year
aimz
« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2006, 08:18:06 AM »

i went on a trip in london. and on the bus our teacher was letting us play our music through the speakers. well after about half an hour of listanin to jack johnson and all that, i put on the live era cd i had.....well...everyone else was conplaining but it was the best part of the day cos i really enjoyed it!! Grin
slinpy
Opening Act

ORATOR

« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2006, 11:56:18 AM »

-1996 was the first time i heard Illusion II. Since this date I have listened GNR every day!!!
the concerts I rocked
-31 May Rock in Rio Lisbon
-04 June Good of metal Italy
-17 June Novarock Austria
30,31 July London Wembley arena
 smoking

It's like beeing CATAPULT IN THE UNIVERSE and having no chooise about it. Because the things you want and work for THEY JUST CAN'T HAPPEN and you have nothing  to fuck to DO! fuckin'Sla.. is in my ass
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #472 on: November 06, 2006, 09:31:42 PM »

September 23rd, 2006.

Inland Invasion.  It was an all around amazing show.  They played every song i hoped they would.  Rocket Queen was very nice to hear, its probably my favorite appetite song.  It was an amazing show...i'll remember it foreva.
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #473 on: November 13, 2006, 12:09:43 PM »

Manchester '06. That gig was truly immense.? Cool

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
live_era
Opening Act

hmm....

« Reply #474 on: November 18, 2006, 04:22:23 PM »

hearing my first GN'R song and going to my first GN'R show
diamondjwendel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #475 on: November 18, 2006, 11:53:39 PM »

My first concert ever was GnR in Houston UYI. Sound Garden opened but we got there late and missed them. They opened with Night Train and it has been one of my favorite Gnr songs ever since.
That was my highlight until Sept. in Vegas. I was at both shows. It was incredible! Sat. show was the best "Better" rocked Bumblefoot doing "Don't Cry" solo was awsome! I caught a guitar pick from Bumblefoot. To be in such a small venue to see GnR. just dosn't get better than that. To be standing there waiting worndering "is he going to show?", " how long are we going to wait" "what are they going to play" and then you hear opening cords to Jungle! Damn it still gives me chills! I stood there when the show was over in awe... and then I relized I had tickets for the next night. Best concerts I have ever been to! Checking every day for the album knowing its coming... makes me want to fly to Chicago or Canada. Fan for life!

Diamond J
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 06:22:28 AM by Christos AG » Logged
roze4
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #476 on: November 18, 2006, 11:56:16 PM »

- Inland Invasion 2006 - over the web ! so excited over the fact that I was listening to them live.
- MSG 2006. Still recovering. I'm afraid it's all downhill from here.

What we've got here is ... failure to communicate
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #477 on: November 19, 2006, 01:54:18 PM »

1991, You Could Be Mine -- I was 13 and it fucking blew my mind... I recorded it from the radio and looped over and over again on one tape I listened for a week!!!!

1992, I saw GN'R live in Chile and Argentina...

1993, weird highlight, I was in the old band's last show in Buenos Aires... I would never thought that was the last time I'd see the original band together.

2000, when I heard Oh My God for the first time... I said "My dad is Back!!!"

2001, Vegas: It brought tears to my eyes.

2001, Rio: It brought MORE tears to my eyes!!

2005: When I downloaded 4 leaks from CD... I went WOW!

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #478 on: November 19, 2006, 02:03:30 PM »

Seeing them on Roskilde '06.

The rest of the highlights have occured while being high.

The Blues
There Was A Time
Nightrain
Patience
I.R.S

Some great moments.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #479 on: November 19, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

First time I heard GnR I was about 12, back in 1988. Myself and an older neighbour I used to hang about and smoke with was always playing tapes to me that he'd copy off guys from his boarding school. I remember listening to The Sex Pistols, Stiff Little Fingers, The Undertones and then he came along with this recording of Appetite for Destruction, it sounded amazing and as a kid back in 1988 it was great to hear someone swearing in a song. I recorded about 5 songs off him that night before I had to go home and went to bed playing the songs. Next day I ran over to record the rest. After a few weeks I went and bought Appetite on tape. I was blown away when I saw them on TV, they looked as cool as they sounded. They were on Headbanger's Ball playing The Roxy and it was class/ I remember my mother giving out to me and telling me to go to bed cos it was on kinds late but I pleaded with her to let me watch it. Soon after bought GNR Lies and probably had one of my first wanks looking at the inlay card  looking at the naked woman. I thought these guys were the baddest and greatest band ever. During the summer I'd cut grass to be able to afford to buy a new GnR T-Shirt every week. The guy who introduced me to GnR died a couple of years ago, I'm thankful to him for introducing me to the greatest band that ever was. I saw them in Slane Castle in '92, May 16th. It was a very hot and sunny day, best concert ever, I saw the new band this year in the RDS, Dublin, another great show. I'm still excited with the new band but nothing they do now will recapture the magic of the old days when they're tattoos were still wet.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: