Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:07:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 325199 times)
daubs
« Reply #480 on: November 22, 2006, 10:23:24 PM »

my highlight i would say was seeing axl scream "you know where you are!!" opening jungle in halifax nov 20th for my first gnr show. i couldent believe it was happening.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #481 on: November 23, 2006, 12:45:09 AM »

I remember thinking, when the host of the VMAs told the audience to have "patience"(in an Axl-esque way), "you better not be fucking joking!" 

I also remember buying Appetite at some crappy mall record store and having some store clerk, concerned about my age, try to convince me that, on the back cover pic, Slash was holding a large bottle of cola.  Uh-huh.

I'm hopeful that my next two great moments will be in Chicago in five days when I finally see GNR live for the first time and when this damned album finally drops!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mild_child
Opening Act

love the roses and believe in angels

« Reply #482 on: November 23, 2006, 06:10:13 AM »

it was october,sunday evening(8.00-8.30PM),don't remember exactly the date when i saw for the first time Don't cry video and it was like  Shocked .the very next day i felt deeply in love with them  love .

once, someone said: "live and let die"
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #483 on: November 25, 2006, 04:38:08 AM »

Being down front against the rail at the May 15th Hammerstein show (My first GNR show.) I don't think I'll ever be able to recreate the feeling I felt when the lights went down and the band walked onstage. It was fucking electric.  drool

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #484 on: November 29, 2006, 08:40:55 PM »

1.  November 27, 2006:  The "intro" music comes on ("It's really happening! I can't believe it!")
2.  November 27, 2006:  Opening riffs of "Chinese" opening the encore.
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #485 on: November 30, 2006, 12:10:19 PM »

deffo seeing axl getting stradlin on stage in holland in nijmegen 2006
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #486 on: December 01, 2006, 09:08:21 PM »

meeting robin in vegas and seeing the band in a venue made for 1500 people two nights in a row is something I doubt will ever be topped.  Hammerstein May 17 was a memorable one too.
NickM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #487 on: December 03, 2006, 05:10:14 PM »

Catching Robin's pick and his half empty water bottle

Haveing axl and robin both looking at me for like 3 seconds

Catching Ferrer's stick.

All in one night
kopitejohn
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2006, 10:50:29 AM »

first picking up "appetite...................." lp.

donnington 1988 despite the tragedy

gn'r lies release

uyi 1 and 2 release (in fact all releases)

manchester 2006

release of cd HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 10:04:18 AM by kopitejohn » Logged
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #489 on: December 12, 2006, 04:22:15 AM »

Cologne 1992/1993 with Faith No More,Suicidal Tendencies,Blind Mellon and Soundgarden. ok

I am old Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2006, 03:33:51 AM »

Seeing the band in donnington in 1988 and then this year.  all releases from the band have been highlights for me and hopefully the next highlight will be the "SOON" to be released "chinese democracy".  soon being the most important word.

Don't Damn Me!!
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2006, 10:52:14 PM »

1.First time seeing them 9/20/06 at the warfield, anticipation building, lights down. I was up front, so I could see the shadows moving around backstage, and slowly creep onstage, until they tear into jungle and everythings let loose. I couldn't believe I was finally seeing gnr, it was amazing.
2. The next night, right up in front of Robin, he kept giving me weird looks, and started handing me bottles of water. Then during bumblefoots solo, he put down his guitar and laid on his stomach so his face was right next to mine, and tried to tell me something. I couldn't hear what he was saying at all, and he realized it, and just gave me the biggest smile ever.
3. Last, but certainly not least, in fact, probably most, was meeting the band later that night. I had gone to the concert alone and not wanted to wait in the bad neighborhood by myself, but had a hunch and stayed there. About an hour later, Dizzy came out, then Robin, then Tommy, who kissed me. I never expected Axl to come out in my wildest dreams, but it happened, and I was just in shock/awe. I've met alot of bands in the past few years, but never expected to meet/get a picture with Axl. I'll never forget either of those nights.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Lurk
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to KFC

« Reply #492 on: December 18, 2006, 07:07:30 PM »

Hearing YCBM for the first time when I was 14 and thinking it was the greatest thing ever... then buying AFD and being briefly dissapointed that YCBM was not on there before realising I was very very wrong about YCBM being the greatest thing ever...

Getting the UYI albums and being blown away. Coma... Locomotive... Realising that you did not have to be a great singer to carry a great tune (So Fine). Being amazed at the couplet "The only validation is in living your own life, vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time" and deciding at that point that my life would be my own, and I would not waste a single moment doing something I felt I should not be doing.

15 years old in mid-GCSE making the journey from Liverpool to Wembley Stadium for my first ever concert in '92... fighting my way to the front to get a good spot and then being half dead before FNM even hit the stage... After going out for a breather I managed to get to the front again for GNR... Before having to get back out before the end of It's So Easy... It sucked to be 5'2" at a GN'R show. Thankfully I grew a lot in my late teens Smiley

Lying down at the Milton Keynes Bowl in '93 before GNR hit the stage.... Black Sabbath (the song) was playing on the PA when rain suddenly came from nowhere and by the end of the song I had slid down the grassy bank as it had turned to mud... I was a mess Smiley

Izzy Stradlin being introduced at the same show when he was filling in for Gilby after he had broken his wrist. Slash taking the piss out of the British weather by playing Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head... and hearing them play Imagine in the middle of Patience... When leaving the venue I bumped into an old friend from school, despite being 200 miles from home. Since we reconnected at the show we have kept in touch and are so close that I am now godfather to his 5 kids....

Docklands in 2002 and going with an "impress me" attitude. Being slightly dissapointed when Slash was knocked off the pedastal I had placed him on, only to see him replaced by Buckethead. Realising that Axl had conquered his demons and was having a blast with the band and poking fun at himself. Being given vague details about the album and believing that it would be out in 2003... Charging the stage during Paradise City with one of my oldest friends who had never seem them before despite being a die-hard fan.

Hammersmith 2006, drinking heavily from for 12 hours before they even hit the stage. Hearing them play Beautiful (a song that I had always championed as being a great tune) and having 2 old friends finally agree that it was an amazing piece of music. Howling with laughter at Ron's foot guitar - being as drunk as I was it seemed to be the funniest thing ever! Baz... Whatever people may think about him taking the stage, I love the guy. I have seen him twice before with Skid Row and he just never changes! He's a fucking legend!

Most of all, feeling priveledged that I grew up with the last true rock and roll band. Kids today are so deprived of fun when it comes to music - they either listen to manufactured "music by numbers" Green Day-alikes or shitty Nirvana wannabe's who want to show the world just how fucking miserable they are and how much they want to die whilst getting married having kids, not doing drugs and knocking back nothing stronger than Evian. Back when I were a lad music was fun... Rock and Roll still had plenty of sex and drugs to fuel it, and we listeners had more fun as a result!

EDIT: Typo (probably more though)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 07:13:03 PM by Lurk » Logged
EFISH
« Reply #493 on: December 24, 2006, 03:38:18 AM »

A) Seeing them twice this year, right on the rail both times.....best days of my life!

B) Meeting Ron, one of my hero's.  yes

C) December 14th when we got Axl's letter and the release date. I was in the chat room with some people and we all went NUTS!

Smiley

Will have to add March 6th when the time comes.....
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #494 on: December 24, 2006, 03:42:55 AM »

A) Seeing them twice this year, right on the rail both times.....best days of my life!

B) Meeting Ron, one of my hero's.  yes

C) December 14th when we got Axl's letter and the release date. I was in the chat room with some people and we all went NUTS!

Smiley

Will have to add March 6th when the time comes.....

C for me two beer
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #495 on: December 25, 2006, 10:52:03 PM »

3 shows in 4 days.

Shaking Axl's hand twice.

Meeting so many amazing people.
Downgoesfrazier
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #496 on: December 27, 2006, 04:50:43 AM »

Definitely seeing them live for the first time on 12/2 in Minneapolis.

Right when the opening chords of "Jungle" started and the place went insane, everyone was looking for Axl to come from the side of the stage. I looked around and then spotted his shadow in the center of the stage and just fucking went nuts "THERE HE IS!!!!! THERE HE IS!!!!" I'll never forget it!
Carol Rose
Opening Act

« Reply #497 on: December 30, 2006, 08:03:35 AM »

My absolute GN'R-Highlight of the year was Rock am Ring, Germany. Even though it was damn cold that night, many fans waited until almost 2 am, when the band entered the stage and Axl's "YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE" made all of scream!  Cheesy ok
It was awesome to see him up there in such a good mood, making jokes with both, band and fans.
Most important moment of that show was when Axl recognized the flag I had printed especially for this show. "Hey, nice sign - thank you" was his comment, while my flag was shown on the screen besides the stage. I could hardly believe he was truely looking at me... but he was - and that made this moment the most special one in 2006 for me.

Me and my flag:  peace

Red_Locks
Headliner

...you can't put your hands around a memory...

« Reply #498 on: January 02, 2007, 09:57:19 AM »

^ Shocked^

-Hearing Patience for the first time when I had just woken up and realizing this was something really good. The guy on the radio didn't tell who the band was so got up and RAN to my computer while singing the lyrics to myself..before googling them and finding more music etc. Never looked back since.

-My friend who lent me all his GNR dvd's when he found out I was interested and handed me one in giftwrap (when it wasn't even my birthday) and welcoming me to "the club".

beer

Fuck the poets of the past, my friends..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862JtVBBv78? ..GNR during their free time
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #499 on: January 05, 2007, 01:37:48 AM »

My GN'R highlight would have to be..november 21st 2006..me n my best friend wayne left school at 2:30(right before 5th period math class hihi ) to go see GN'R in saint john....I got us a spot right at the front of the door closest to the stage..and we got right up against the railing...the highlights of that night

1.during sweet child(before axl introduced the new guys for the "average " fan hihi ) i yelled out " bumblefoot " really loud n he looked right at me,nodded,waved,then smiled n went back to playing

2.around the end of paradise city mr. thal walked across the front of the railing with his guitar held out for fans too touch,..i was kind of spacing out n when he got to me i loooked at him n awe n he looked right back with a huge grin on his face n  i saw him mouth " go on" n he moved it closer for me and i got to touch/strum his guitar.

bumblefoot is an excellent mamber of the band,a good player and a nice guy

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: