Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 324541 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #500 on: January 08, 2007, 03:00:24 AM »

My GN'R highlight would have to be..november 21st 2006..me n my best friend wayne left school at 2:30(right before 5th period math class hihi ) to go see GN'R in saint john....I got us a spot right at the front of the door closest to the stage..and we got right up against the railing...the highlights of that night

1.during sweet child(before axl introduced the new guys for the "average " fan hihi ) i yelled out " bumblefoot " really loud n he looked right at me,nodded,waved,then smiled n went back to playing

2.around the end of paradise city mr. thal walked across the front of the railing with his guitar held out for fans too touch,..i was kind of spacing out n when he got to me i loooked at him n awe n he looked right back with a huge grin on his face n  i saw him mouth " go on" n he moved it closer for me and i got to touch/strum his guitar.

bumblefoot is an excellent mamber of the band,a good player and a nice guy

Yeah, bumblefoot does seem to be a really nice guy. 

Great that you skipped school to make the show...very rock n' roll!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axlzroxchic
Opening Act

"I Think About You"......

« Reply #501 on: January 12, 2007, 12:28:51 PM »

not the greatest picture taken, but my highlight was 12/19/06-Hollywood. Watching up close ....awwwwssoommmee and breathtaking

"This Melody Inside of Me, Still Searches For Solution"
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #502 on: January 16, 2007, 11:59:55 PM »

The first time I ever saw the Sweet Child video.

I just caught the end of it, but it was just so dark and nothing like I had ever seen before.
The band looked so bad ass. First thing I ever saw or heard of Guns.

Then, the first time I heard Appetite. I remember it being just the darkest thing I had ever heard, I was hooked after that.

Oh yeah, and all of 2006.
wuxia
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #503 on: January 17, 2007, 06:15:18 AM »

Well, i have these GNR highlights:
when I was maybe thirteen, older brother of mine brought MC Appetite For Destruction. My first impressions? Basically good, but I was metalhead and Axl & Co was...too soft for me. Anyway, when UIY was released, every girl in our school loved Axl, wanted to be (with) Axl, which was very frustrating...for me. Because I wasn?t like Axl. Neither Slash or Izzy or...dunno.
Now I am thirty, working in czech magazine Instinkt - I wrote an article about Axl?s life - GNR addicted and looking forward to Chinese Democracy. And who?s the blame? My friend, the best GNR fan in Czech Republic.  ok
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #504 on: January 30, 2007, 03:26:28 AM »

I probably became aware of GN'R around 1999, when I was 11.  I knew the AFD classics, WTTJ, SCOM, and Paradise City (my favorite then and now).  My appreciation has only grown since then.  The events of 2006 really excited me.  Hearing the leaks convinced me that GN'R was not just a great, classic band, but a great, contemporary one too.  So when the fall rolled around I decided that I needed to go see 'em.

I headed over to Madison Square Garden on Novemver 10, 2006, to see Axl and the boys.  The place was electric and went crazy when Robin was playing the opening to Jungle.  I can't really distinguish much between Jungle and Paradise City, just because it was such a continuous experience for me.

Probably the only true highlight I can distinguish from the rest of the show was November Rain, which is one of my favorites.  The band, the crowd, the lighting, and, of course, the pyro towards the end just sent chills down my spine.

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
fivel
Opening Act

"Do you believe all the shit you read ?"

« Reply #505 on: February 07, 2007, 01:12:47 PM »

Well, being a fan for almost 15 years, I had many highlights, since the day I bought AFD until I saw Axl in flesh and blood.
The most important for me was the Rock In Rio III concert.
When the concert was announced, I didn?t take it seriously. I thought was another rumor.
I knew that they had done the new year?s party in Vegas that year, but I could never imagine that after that, Axl would come to Brazil. At that time, I didn?t have much informations about the musicians, what they were playing...if Axl was really about to come back to the mainstream or not.
I have spent almost my whole life watching Axl on tv, listening over and over to the cd?s, looking for news...
All of a sudden the guy that wrote the soundtrack of my life, was standing right in front of me, singing the songs that I grew up listening to.
It?s impossible to discribe the feeling. I bet most of you that has seen him alive, knows exactly what i?m talking about.

Now i?m really optimist, it seems to me that the cd is comming out this year. The tour have been a huge sucess and I really want to have the pleasure to see Mr. Rose live !

Rock in Rio III, I WAS THERE !
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #506 on: February 09, 2007, 04:07:49 PM »

I forgot to mention that when they played Nightrain, Robin Finck was crowd-surfing!

rofl  beer

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #507 on: February 25, 2007, 09:25:28 PM »

Not the most acclaimed concert of the tour (I don't agree, it was good), but it was damn fun except for the whole "Get beer poured down your back" thing.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #508 on: February 26, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »

listening to AFD on tape as a toddler.. i played WTTJ over and over? Smiley
buying my copy of AFD..
joining this bored? Grin

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #509 on: February 27, 2007, 09:29:36 PM »

Rock In Rio 3. the show wasn't all that great but it was such a memorable moment and a great time to be a gnr fan.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #510 on: February 28, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »

Playing miniputt in my friends house while listening to AFD for the first time in 87 or 88.

Yes, I really mean playing mini putt IN his house. We'd play for hours, breaking everything in site. Was that really 20 years ago?

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #511 on: March 06, 2007, 07:57:39 AM »

14th January 2001. Rock in Rio 3. My sister used to listen GN'R a lot... I was too young when they were in the top. I remember that I knew some songs but I wasn't a fan yet. God... I remember how I loved Madagascar, how I loved the "Sossego" thing from Finck... when they played Patience my sister said "stop everything. This song is damn beautiful", so she started singing along. She said "wow, they got a new guitarrist as good as Slash". When they started playing knockin' on heavens door, the presenter said "this is a version of the success knockin' on heavens door". So I was wondering what kind of song would be that. I knew the song. During the song I even started singing the chorus! rofl I will never forget that day.
"Do you know where the fuck you are? You're in the jungle, baby! Wake uuuuuuuuupppppppppp". In the middle of the song... "you know where you aaaaaaare? You're in the jungle, Rioooo! You're gonna dieeeeaaaa... (breathe) aaaaaaaahhh". Then everyone went nuts.
Finck saying "Obrigado Brazil. Valeu, valeu... valeeeeu" was priceless too. "Thank you, Brazil. Thanks, thanks" is what he said. Right after that, Sweet child o' mine. Wow I remember how excited I was at that point. In the 2nd part of November Rain, "bucket's eyes" were scaring. I remember that part too. When the show started, it was 1:30 a.m. When the show ended I wanted to drink water. Almost 4:30 a.m.
This is my highlight until I see them live this year  ok

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #512 on: March 06, 2007, 09:21:09 AM »

I bought appetite for my good friend Megan last christmas.And before she moved to otawwa I took it form her.And she was down visitin in december and forgot to get it back stil hihi comin down next week hopefully she doesnt remember Grin

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
serp
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #513 on: March 13, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »

big big highlight of course discovering the band oh so many years ago....
but the biggest to me worth mentioning is the gig in oslo june 28th 06, a total mindblower...the band playing tight as fuck......not even missing the other gunnergods i have spent countless hours watching on dvd and listening to boots of somewhat debatable quality.
axl was at a peak that night, high spirited, poking fun at those deserving it.
even got me some cool pics that night even though they were tiny as hell cause i just had a crappy cellphone as a camera, not that my recording of november rains ending sounded any better...but a memory for life.
and can finally proudly say i have seen the boys live.
mr.glavin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #514 on: April 05, 2007, 07:04:15 AM »

when axl screamed "you know where the fuck you are" at wembley arena ... the whole of the crowd was jumping around and seeing Izzy was cool too.
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #515 on: April 08, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »

December 6, 2006 - Calgary, AB

Getting four backstage passes to my favourite band in the world. Doing things backstage that I probably wasn't allowed to do (remember Chris Pittman looking at me weird as I inspected the pyro gear with a rum and coke in one hand). Was told by a security person that I could go anywhere I wanted with my pass, so I did. Ended up on route to the stage while Sabastian Bach was on, got pretty close then was "asked" to not go any further. Was given strict instructions at that point by someone more senior than the person that told me I could go anywhere relating to access to rooms, stages, etc. Saw a lot of people (not including GN'R band members that I've seen in pictures with Axl, not sure who they were, but they looked pretty busy to start asking questions). I asked and asked for Beta, but no one knew who she was! I guess I should have asked those busy people. Was a really cool experience, and hope to do it again! Big thanks to "those" that got me back there! I tried to find you all to have some drinks at the party after, but it was just too crazy a time and so many "people" there! You're all the best!

During this whole event an even more memorable moment was watching the opening act (girls stripping to music - can't remember their name) with Robin Finck making small talk about GN'R and the show that night (we were standing basically in the crowd by a backstage door with only a minimal wall of security - almost directly across from the stage on the other side of the stadium). People walked by without a clue who he was, and I was hoping so bad that someone I knew would walk by and be like "what the f**k are you doing back there?". Robin was one of the most genuine people I've ever met.

a.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 05:51:57 PM by a. » Logged
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #516 on: April 24, 2007, 05:22:10 PM »

seeing the band at wembley in july last year with the same mate I saw em with in 1993 at milton keynes....

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
The Kaizer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2007, 11:18:54 PM »

Having my mother buy the Illusion cassettes the day they came out, going home and listening to them for 14 years.

Seeing them live for the first time in Toronto in 2002, except Buckethead's dances were very strange that night.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #518 on: May 03, 2007, 07:20:23 AM »

Summer of '91 - The night before tickets went on sale ,? 8 or 10 of us went down to the arena to camp out . When we arrived that evening , there were already about 100 people there camping . I had just started dating my future wife (God rest her soul) . lt is one of my fondest memories of her . It gives great comfort knowing that two things that I love are so intimately connected . Anyway by the next morning , there were over1000 people at the arena . It was one hell of a party . Most of us had never seen the band before , so the atmosphere was electric . Over the next few weeks , the anticipation was almost euphoric . Needless to say , on 29 june '91 we were BLOWN AWAY .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #519 on: May 03, 2007, 09:36:43 AM »

While working as a cop in NYC it was cold and my birthday.? I was assigned plain clothes and I snuck into the Ritz and saw GnR "Live at the Ritz"? I remember thinking that if these guys don't kill themselves, that they'll be one of the best bands of the future.? I was right.? I was also deaf when I left (I was real close to the amps).? The only concert that rivals it (In a Small Venue) would be Ozzy at the NYC Palladium in 1981.? (Mind blowing shows).
Top 5 alltime Concerts
1.Live at the Ritz GNR 1988
2.Ozzy at the Palladium 1981
3.Van Halen opening for Black Sabbath 1978
4.AC/DC NY 1981
5.GNR MSG 1992 They were tired but still had a good time.
But I guess this would lead to another thread....JMack......

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: