Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 12:46:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GN'R @ the 2002 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ the 2002 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 41217 times)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2004, 03:49:12 PM »

every time I watch the 2002 VMA's or any shows from the 2002 tour, I get depressed and think about what could have been.

Every time I watch them I get excited and think about will be

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2005, 09:25:53 PM »

Something like how crazy it is to be at the VMA's in New York, this crazy city full of excitement
and then he says, "...if you don't know what I mean, welcome to the jungle!"

At least that's how I remember it.  ok

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2005, 09:42:47 PM »

I wish that was happening again tonight.  drool  The excitment that day and night was fucking wicked.  beer

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2005, 09:44:27 PM »

I wish that was happening again tonight.? drool? The excitment that day and night was fucking wicked.? beer

Yeah too bad when he starting singing every gnr fans heart dropped.  Axl would have sang great if he just stood still and didnt mess with his ear piece.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2005, 10:08:58 PM »

WTTJ and PC was VERY .. erm ... shakey ... but Madagascar was pretty good. I've heard him nail it ALOT better but out of the 3 he did at the VMA's he sang best on madagascar no doubt.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2005, 10:10:16 PM »

Although I think his earpiece had a lot to do with his problems that night, I think Axl's adrenaline also played an effect. He had that nervous excitement type thing. YOu can tell in the interview with Loder how he appears.
It must have been a somewhat nerve wracking performance to do becuase this was GNR first offcial performance in the big spotlight since the old days.

The opening to JUngle was great, Maddy was beautiful, and the band during PC was amazing. These were the highlights of the performance imo.,,and Axl saying ROund 1 was cool as well...

There are like 2 0r 3 different versions of that performance in terms of camera angles that were shown after the vmas. Theres 1 where they show Robin leaning into Bucket after they meet and depart at the front of the stage during PC solo. Its a real cool moment. TOo bad he isnt here anymore :{
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 10:13:39 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2005, 10:12:31 PM »

Another thing .. I wish there was a way to get the FULL soundcheck video footage from MTV.  drool

You see Bucket up there with that war jacket , hat and different mask? awesome.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2005, 10:15:06 PM »

yea ive seen clips of that. looks really cool. Plus theres footage of Axl like dancing with the mic as well

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2005, 10:17:49 PM »

Before Fallon says ladies and gentalmen Guns N' Fucking Roses!! what does he say before that??Something like Welcome to the Jungle or something Huh

He was all excited, aparently he's a big Axl fan, and he said excitedly, "For those who live in New Yrk, you know how powerful, and electric, and it's the greatest city in the world, and for those who don't live in New York, Welcome to the Jungle, Ladies and gentlemen GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES."
Damn good intro if you ask me.

The Devil hates a loser
RichardNixon
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2005, 11:32:17 PM »

This is kind of a "Dead Horse" topic but I still say the VMAs were, overall, good. It was great to see Axl again and the band sounded good. Axl was winded but it was still cool and I was proud to be a Gunner at that moment.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2005, 12:37:53 PM »

Axl showing up at the 2002 MTV VMA's was just one of several blown opportunities.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2005, 12:54:37 PM »

I think GN'R were gr8 at the VMA's.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2005, 04:59:59 PM »

Yo,
? ?I just wanted to clarify something that I've heard for awhile and been reading on here recently.
? People have been saying that Axl sounded terrible at the 2002 VMAs. I don't believe that is entirely true.
Speculation ran rampant as to why. "Oh! His voice is shot!!" Blah,blah,blah.? FALSE!

? Here is why:

His earpiece failed almost immediately into the set. If you look at the tape,he touches his left earpiece a good FIVE TIMES. FIVE!!! He clearly couldn't hear himself.

? I always wondered "Whatthehell?"too,right?? It wasn't until I read it in Rolling Stone,maybe a year plus some ago-they were doing a recap about GN'R and VR and what each has done to date-and they documented that his earpiece failed and he went on with the show.

You have to admit,it sounded weird in some parts and great in others. THIS is why.

Have you ever tried to sing and not be able to hear yourself over loud music?? It can be frustrating.

Believe me,I've tried and this was just singin' a song,back-up,with my friend's band at a bar. I couldn't hear myself at all and was wondering how the hell I sounded.
 People said later that it was good but,when you're up there,you have NO fuckin' clue.

I can't imagine the butterflies when it happens in front of millions of people. Not to mention during a "comeback". I mean,come on.

We all heard his voice in Rio and he sounded great. So how the hell could he "lose" it by 2002??? This makes no sense.?
 He hasn't lost anything.

Now you know.? And knowing is half the battle.?? G.I. JOOOOE!! ok:? Grin

? ? ? ? ? ? GNR FOREVER!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?MATT
? ? ?

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »

I can't imagine the butterflies when it happens in front of millions of people. Not to mention during a "comeback". I mean,come on.
bingo

I think it was a combination of things. His "new voice", sound issues but overall it was simply nervous excitement. You can see it in his face. You can see it in the Loder interview. The guy was pumped/nervous about what he was doing. FIrst time in a decade he had officially been seen. Not a normal live appearance....

he soudned good anyway. The intor, some of jungle and Madagascar were all fine. Maddy was great. He mostly fucked up on PC. But the band picked up the slack. They tore PC up....

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2005, 05:05:08 PM »

If this isn't a dead horse topic, I don't know what is.
 beer
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #175 on: October 03, 2005, 05:06:06 PM »

beer

U know the rule - everything has to be discussed 80 times - this is only the 73rd time hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #176 on: October 03, 2005, 05:16:37 PM »

beer

U know the rule - everything has to be discussed 80 times - this is only the 73rd time hihi
really? 73rd,seems like much more!

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2005, 05:28:22 PM »

mmm Yes he had troubles man, but, You also have to realize that he has lost part of his voice, so its not only a matter of "not being able to hear himself" forget it dude...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #178 on: October 03, 2005, 06:11:51 PM »

beer

Slash vs. Buckethead?

Oh yeah, whoops.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2005, 04:49:39 PM »

Uh....everyone I have talked to said it was hurrendous. In some cases I didn't even have to ask.

Did I mention, I thought it was horrible too. Not the band per say, as they were tight. Just axl. It was an embaressment I think for most.

Of course thats just my opinion along with a few others. ?[smoking]

that was the feeling by so many people including myself.. Everyone that knew I was an axl rose fan that had causght the performance broke my balls for a while back then... I can't believe it's october 2005 and we still have nothing confused
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: