Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:56:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Simpsons movie
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Simpsons movie  (Read 20369 times)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2007, 04:51:15 AM »

just saw it. a very poor effort. i wont go in to all the things bad about the simpsons movie, suffice to say i'll never bother myself to watch that again.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2007, 06:24:48 AM »

Is the ambulance parked there permanently now?? rofl

It's the one that crashed into the tree (sending Homer "replummeting" back into the gorge).? And it's still crashed into the tree.

Smiley

I liked the idea at first, but then my next thought was, oh, just like the Simpsons Game where you can wander around virtual Sprinfield.

And what is the significance of the ambulance still crashed into the tree? Are we telling children NOT to try and jump gorges.....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:40:57 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2007, 06:49:46 AM »

Can't wait to see this movie!!! But it will premiere here only on August 17th!  rant rant

Spider Pig, Spider pig...
  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2007, 09:35:51 AM »

i wont go in to all the things bad about the simpsons movie

Please, go for it... it would be a more interesting post than "it's rubbish"...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »

If the first 30 minutes had been an episode, it would have easily been one of the funniest episodes I've seen in quite awhile.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2007, 11:39:12 AM »

I love the starting when Homer says why are we paying for something we can see on TV  haha that was hilarious

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2007, 11:39:23 AM »

the show is about the people of springield. yet at most the best characters, outside the family, had a few predictable lines (nelson ha ha was painful and where was Mr Burns, the best character in the show?)

the story line was basically the classic homer fucks up and makes amends. which is what you'd expect from the writers who made most of the episodes circa series 1-8, yet they did it in an outlandish and nonsensical way resembling a more recent episode.

the plot was disjointed, where did the pig go? clearly each section written by someone different which hurt the movie.

no song!! christ almighty people. there are 5 or 6 classic simpsons songs and a few more reasonable ones. A criticism often thrown a cartoon movies (South Park) is that they are beefed up with songs to eat up time. why didnt the simpsons include atleast one?

the animation became annoying. sure, its a movie, go crazy - but after the initial novelty it just looked like an episode of futurama with the cgi-style graphics.

and the killer - bottom line is it wasn't that funny. sure i chuckled through it, but i never ever gut laughed.

thats the main points quickly done, but there are more - homer giving the finger annoyed me, the jumping on the save the planet bandwagon annoyed me, the lack of simpsons insiders jokes annoyed me.....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2007, 01:13:02 PM »

the show is about the people of springield. yet at most the best characters, outside the family, had a few predictable lines (nelson ha ha was painful and where was Mr Burns, the best character in the show?)

the story line was basically the classic homer fucks up and makes amends. which is what you'd expect from the writers who made most of the episodes circa series 1-8, yet they did it in an outlandish and nonsensical way resembling a more recent episode.

the plot was disjointed, where did the pig go? clearly each section written by someone different which hurt the movie.

no song!! christ almighty people. there are 5 or 6 classic simpsons songs and a few more reasonable ones. A criticism often thrown a cartoon movies (South Park) is that they are beefed up with songs to eat up time. why didnt the simpsons include atleast one?

the animation became annoying. sure, its a movie, go crazy - but after the initial novelty it just looked like an episode of futurama with the cgi-style graphics.

and the killer - bottom line is it wasn't that funny. sure i chuckled through it, but i never ever gut laughed.

thats the main points quickly done, but there are more - homer giving the finger annoyed me, the jumping on the save the planet bandwagon annoyed me, the lack of simpsons insiders jokes annoyed me.....

...but it had Homer and Marge's relationship on the rocks - thats the first time we've ever seen that angle....

...oh wait....

After scores of such episodes one wonders if the writers are oblivious to previous installments - do we really need to see Marge leave Homer.....again?! Something rather perverse about doing the same story over and over and over again....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2007, 02:55:08 PM »

...but it had Homer and Marge's relationship on the rocks - thats the first time we've ever seen that angle....

...oh wait....

After scores of such episodes one wonders if the writers are oblivious to previous installments - do we really need to see Marge leave Homer.....again?! Something rather perverse about doing the same story over and over and over again....

I hate to beat a dead horse but......

.....wasn't the Transformers movie a story (with energon, in the toons) that was pretty much the same one we've been told over and over again?

C'mon Izzy...just admit you'd written this off before you even stepped into the theater.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2007, 03:36:09 AM »

I hate to beat a dead horse but......

.....wasn't the Transformers movie a story (with energon, in the toons) that was pretty much the same one we've been told over and over again?

I hope that's a genuine question because if you cant see the massive differences between the various series and the film then I do have to wonder

C'mon Izzy...just admit you'd written this off before you even stepped into the theater.

Actually I was fairly certain this film would be atleast as good as an average episode and maybe within touching distance of a great episode

If you liked this film than thats great - it must be wonderful to find everything funny even without the help of substances

...me, well i like comedy, ya know witty observations, great timing the whole nine yards

Quick! To the bandwagon!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2007, 03:41:22 AM »

Can't wait to see this movie!!! But it will premiere here only on August 17th!? rant rant

Spider Pig, Spider pig...
? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

rofl sitting here with stolat and laughed and sang "spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does" haha  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2007, 04:31:28 AM »

i went in with an open mind.

didnt really laugh.

everyone was laughing around me.

when spider pig came on everyone was bursting out laughing.......i looked around the theater thinking "you cant be serious". i was shocked.

personally i blame my falling out with the simpsons not on the simpsons itself. but rather other shows.

curb your enthusiasm, extras, the office, arrested development.

arrested development was the best show on television. how does it get cancelled after 3 seasons yet the simpsons continues to ruin its legacy for 20 fucking years!  rant

2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2007, 04:32:19 AM »

is it not a damning indictment on the film that the funniest bit in it is homer befriending a pig and singing the spider-man tune? it couldve come from the laziest family guy episode ever, yet its the 'best' thing in the movie

(ps. I'm not ripping family guy, i quite enjoy it. but the simpsons writers all hate it and it is very poorly written at time - see south park's Cartoon Wars episodes)
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2007, 04:37:21 AM »

i notice that the jokes in the simpsons are very family guy-ish.

i love family guy.

but when simpsons tries to do family guy its just.............meh.

and simpsons writers hate family guy so what the fuck.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2007, 04:38:48 AM »

arrested development was the best show on television. how does it get cancelled after 3 seasons yet the simpsons continues to ruin its legacy for 20 fucking years!? rant

Because that show really did suck....

(ps. I'm not ripping family guy, i quite enjoy it. but the simpsons writers all hate it and it is very poorly written at time - see south park's Cartoon Wars episodes)

The writers of the simpsons hate family guy?? They must be tortured then, getting beat in ratings, having Peter in their show..

As far as being poorly written.. A peice of talking shit, a hampster walking around in someones ass, is any better??

Alot of family guys punch lines are random... Thats why I love them...
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2007, 04:43:18 AM »

if they are good characters, then yes, a talking piece of shit and a hamster in someone's ass is better. y'know, constructing a joke, character development? rather than just saying "that reminds me of the time...."

i'm not saying its not amusing, its just very cheap. its still a worthwhile and enjoyable show, but its doesnt require a great deal of writing craft to be able to do it. lots of the jokes are completely interchageable; jokes should have relevance
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2007, 04:44:55 AM »

arrested development was the best show on television. how does it get cancelled after 3 seasons yet the simpsons continues to ruin its legacy for 20 fucking years!  rant

you cant be serious.

EVERY single episode of that show i could watch over again. making me laugh a lot more than the simpsons did even in their golden years. and i was a BIG fucking simpsons fan too.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2007, 04:52:43 AM »

if they are good characters, then yes, a talking piece of shit and a hamster in someone's ass is better. y'know, constructing a joke, character development? rather than just saying "that reminds me of the time...."

i'm not saying its not amusing, its just very cheap. its still a worthwhile and enjoyable show, but its doesnt require a great deal of writing craft to be able to do it. lots of the jokes are completely interchageable; jokes should have relevance

Family guy develops characters, and has substance to jokes, but just has the flashbacks too..

You can have all the character development in the world, dosent make it automaticaly good.. Watching people die and crap themselves, or 2 guys farting on tv, never gets any fresher... The variety Family Guy has with their random jokes keeps them different...

arrested development was the best show on television. how does it get cancelled after 3 seasons yet the simpsons continues to ruin its legacy for 20 fucking years! rant

you cant be serious.

EVERY single episode of that show i could watch over again. making me laugh a lot more than the simpsons did even in their golden years. and i was a BIG fucking simpsons fan too.

I'll retract "it sucked", cause I never really watched after it didnt impress me... but i'll say its no shock to me its no longer on the air...
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2007, 05:04:14 AM »

Family guy develops characters, and has substance to jokes, but just has the flashbacks too..

emotional development? not really

substance to jokes? rarely.

flashbacks? they are not flashbacks. A flashback is where you look back on something that has previously happened. What family guy does is merely lift a humourous situation and drop it in whereever a gag is needed. watch an episode and count how many times a joke has any real link to the storyline.

like i said its amusing and all, but its very cheap and unfulfilling
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2007, 05:13:11 AM »

emotional development? not really

substance to jokes? rarely.

flashbacks? they are not flashbacks. A flashback is where you look back on something that has previously happened. What family guy does is merely lift a humourous situation and drop it in whereever a gag is needed. watch an episode and count how many times a joke has any real link to the storyline.

like i said its amusing and all, but its very cheap and unfulfilling

"Like that time I...." Which is a flash back, yes not likley most of those thing happened, butnone the less....

Rarley substance?? True not as much as south park, but not every funny thing on family guy is random either... I mean if you base family guy on what south park writers say, sure i could see how you think that...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: