Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  January 13 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Center [CANCELLED]
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: January 13 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Center [CANCELLED]  (Read 36203 times)
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 11:51:40 PM »

A little over 2 months and can not wait. I just hope the snow holds off, coming up from sacramento any one else from Northern Cali going??? beer
   Sittin floor 1 row 7 and I have an extra ticket that will sell for face value my friend backed out because he is afraid of the snow.

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 10:23:41 AM »

Unfortunately I had to back out of attending this show.  I jumped the gun when the show was announced not knowing that there would be 2 shows within driving distance (Portland and Everett).  Evergreen no longer attending Reno.  You kids have fun!

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
awk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 09:42:27 AM »

thinking about going to this one. Went to CAA in jersey and it was no doubt the best concert Ive ever been to in my life. Axl kicks ass, but anyway d be taking my mom to go see them she was a big fan in the 80's and after showing her videos on you tube she wants to go. I wanted to know if anyone knows how wel the show is selling b/c Id hate to spend all that cash for airfare and hotel and have the concert get cancelled on me.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 11:26:18 PM »

Go out on a limb, go for it, if you want to see an excellent show, and most obviously the most excellent band on the face of the rock n roll planet it's worth taking the chance, I promise you that, I took a huge one this year and traveled to Portugal from Seattle with family to see him at Rio, it was a huge financial risk, so to speak, wouldn't have done it If I couldn't afford to, yet they were my entire reason for going, so I guess what I am trying to say is that I wouldn't have spent it just to go visit Portugal, It was not on my wishlist of places I wanted to go, but I must add it was a very beautiful country, and as it turned out it was well worth it.  I certainly wasn't let down in any way, then flew to Vegas in September, that was also most excellent.  Will be attending this show as well and will be seeing them in my hometown of Everett this next month, wish I could follow them on there entire tour, but I do have a life outside of the GNR camp, so I say to you, If you have the opportunity to do this definately make it do-able, you will be glad that you did!!

Cheers

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
dulcielyn
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 01:41:13 PM »

Add me to the list of attendees Jarmo.? ?Since I can't see them in Milwaukee, I'm heading west.? ?Yee haw! ok? Does anyone know which hotels are close to the venue?? (And are nice by the way...I am not flying all that way to stay in a dump.)  I'd also love to meet up before the show.   I get into Reno around noon ....  beer
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 03:23:11 PM by dulcielyn » Logged
dulcielyn
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 11:58:27 AM »

Change of plans.? I'm flying in Friday night and staying at Harrahs.? ?I'm totally stoked.? ? beer? Section 3, Row 1.    YES!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 04:52:12 PM by dulcielyn » Logged
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

Change of plans.? I'm flying in Friday night and staying at Harrahs.? ?I'm totally stoked.? ? beer? Section 3, Row 1.? ? YES!
Section 2, row 1, seats 3 and 4.  Yes!!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
dulcielyn
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 09:31:26 AM »

Change of plans.? I'm flying in Friday night and staying at Harrahs.? ?I'm totally stoked.? ? beer? Section 3, Row 1.? ? YES!
Section 2, row 1, seats 3 and 4.? Yes!!!!

Oh yeah, seats 11 & 12.? ?Do you know which direction the seats are numbered in?? My best friend who moved to Vegas a few years ago is driving in to go to the show with me.? ?So this totally makes up for the Milwaukee cancellation for me.? So, is anyone meeting before the show? What other kind of trouble can two crazy chicks find to get into in Reno besides gambling?? hihi
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 09:09:13 AM »

Don't know which direction the seat run in, but I do think it is safe to say that we both have excellent seats, yes!!  I am bringing a black sharpie pen and little sign with me, asking Axl if he will autograph my GNR jacket, If I get it signed it will be the last time I wear it, as I am gonna frame it and put it on my GNR "Hall of Fame" wall.  Yee Hah!!

Don't know much about Reno, as I am a Vegas girl, this will be my first time in Reno.  My husband has always wanted to go, but I always have just chose Vegas, but since somebody is gonna be there, well I guess I'll go check it out!!! Grin

I would like to meet up with everyone, it's part of going to one of these shows, I kinda make it a point, so if anyone of you going, know anything about Reno, speak up, lets get a meeting spot planned and grab a beer or two before the show.

dulcielyn
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2006, 07:27:31 AM »

Don't know which direction the seat run in, but I do think it is safe to say that we both have excellent seats, yes!!? I am bringing a black sharpie pen and little sign with me, asking Axl if he will autograph my GNR jacket, If I get it signed it will be the last time I wear it, as I am gonna frame it and put it on my GNR "Hall of Fame" wall.? Yee Hah!!

Don't know much about Reno, as I am a Vegas girl, this will be my first time in Reno.? My husband has always wanted to go, but I always have just chose Vegas, but since somebody is gonna be there, well I guess I'll go check it out!!! Grin

I would like to meet up with everyone, it's part of going to one of these shows, I kinda make it a point, so if anyone of you going, know anything about Reno, speak up, lets get a meeting spot planned and grab a beer or two before the show.

Cool idea about the jacket.  Which one do you have?  I've got the white one from Wilson's.  I'm so excited about seeing the band but I have to tell you, it seems like there is always some obstacle for me.   First the Bradley center was dicking me around the early entry wristbands, then the show cancels anyways, and now my tickets for Reno  are sitting at a fed ex distribution center because we had a damn blizzard yesterday and they didn't get delivered.  I can't go get them today because of other obligations (dance recital from hell) which means it waits until Monday.   I'm sure everything will be fine, but I'll rest a lot easier once the tickets are in my hand! 
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2006, 10:35:37 AM »

Don't know which direction the seat run in, but I do think it is safe to say that we both have excellent seats, yes!!? I am bringing a black sharpie pen and little sign with me, asking Axl if he will autograph my GNR jacket, If I get it signed it will be the last time I wear it, as I am gonna frame it and put it on my GNR "Hall of Fame" wall.? Yee Hah!!

Don't know much about Reno, as I am a Vegas girl, this will be my first time in Reno.? My husband has always wanted to go, but I always have just chose Vegas, but since somebody is gonna be there, well I guess I'll go check it out!!! Grin

Cool idea about the jacket.? Which one do you have?? I've got the white one from Wilson's.? I'm so excited about seeing the band but I have to tell you, it seems like there is always some obstacle for me.? ?First the Bradley center was dicking me around the early entry wristbands, then the show cancels anyways, and now my tickets for Reno? are sitting at a fed ex distribution center because we had a damn blizzard yesterday and they didn't get delivered.? I can't go get them today because of other obligations (dance recital from hell) which means it waits until Monday.? ?I'm sure everything will be fine, but I'll rest a lot easier once the tickets are in my hand!?
Right on!!  I have the same jacket from Wilson's, I have worn it to all the shows I've attended this year, which is currently two and will be four by the time Reno hits.  Try not to stress out, all your obstacles will move out of the way, and there is plenty of time, but I understand the part where you just want your tickets in hand, so you can really relax.  I've had mine for about 6 weeks, just hangin out in my drawer, after the show, they will become another page in my GNR scrapbook!!

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 05:52:11 PM »

I had such an amazing time at the Minneapolis and Iowa shows....add me to the list on this show!!  Nickel slots and Axl Rose baby!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
jaxl7
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2006, 11:08:14 AM »

Me and a friend were just about to buy tickets to this show on Thursday. We were going to book flights from Chicago. Thank God we didn't. No big deal we saw the show in Chicago. The Bears will be in the playoffs that weekend too.
gnrdiehard
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2006, 01:39:37 AM »

I'm so bummed. Have 2 front row tickets.  Well at least I saw them at the Warfield 3rd row and worth every penny.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2006, 06:28:21 PM »

Yeah, I was planning on going, but luckily I didn't book my flight yet. Oh well, this would have been my 4th show this tour, and at least we know we're getting an album!! I'm gonna use the money I had put away for this show and put it towards a PS3. I hope they come back to Vegas next year!!

Axl is God.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2006, 06:38:02 PM »

Yeah. I didn't book my flight for this exact reason, you never know what may happen. But hey, I got to see them twice this time around, and they may be back out on the road once the album drops and I could catch another show.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
dulcielyn
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2006, 02:00:55 PM »

Well, let's see.  I had tickets to Milwaukee and Reno.   Both cancelled.   That sucks big time.     I did have the sense to purchase refundable air fare and hotel though.   And of course the tickets are refundable too.    What sucks is that I didn't get to see them at all!  And I had front row for Reno and early entry for Milwaukee.    I'm afraid if and when they do tour again, i won't be able to get tickets like those.     

And yes,  even after getting screwed twice, I will buy tickets to the concerts again next time around.   
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: