Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:18:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  "Thhheeeeeee Yankees Lose! Theeeeeee Yankees lose!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Thhheeeeeee Yankees Lose! Theeeeeee Yankees lose!  (Read 21862 times)
The Dog
Legend

« on: October 08, 2006, 10:17:28 AM »

As awful as it is to see my Buccos finish under .500 for like the millionth time, nothing is sweeter for this Pirates fan living in NYC to see the Yankees lose yet again in the first round of the playoffs (to Jim Leyland nonetheless).  I love it.  All of these annoying yankee fans now have to watch the Mets in the next round hahah.  Its just so sweet - its almost like my team won or something. hahha. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 10:19:50 AM »

Please don't quote John Sterling.

I had to run the Yankees games on the AM station at the radio group that I work for, and I wanted to hang myself by the time the season ended last night from listening to that jackass ramble on for the whole season.

Susan Waldman didn't earn any points from me, either.

I couldn't wait for the season to end because of those two - AND I'M A YANKEES FAN!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 10:21:46 AM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 10:29:36 AM »

I just have to give a warm Pennsylvanian kudos to the Yanks. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  Let's see who Steinbrener fires this time around.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 11:04:12 AM »

I seriously dont consider this an upset, Detroit was kicking some major ass to end the season. Jim Leyland is an excellent manager, as is Joe Torre, but does not get the recognition he deserves. Right now Detroit is the only team that scares me in a match up with my Mets.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:08:21 PM »

Great news!  beer

Now it's time for the Mets to go! yes ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 12:21:02 PM »

On Yahoo News:

Torre expected to be fired!  Pinella is going to take his place supposedly. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »

Great news!? beer

Now it's time for the Mets to go! yes ok

Anything is possible, but I dont see the Cards or the Padres slowing the Mets bats yet. Mets starting pitching isn't as strong as it was during the regular season, and their bullpen showed some weakness in two of the three games against the Dodgers. If Floyd is out for a prolonged period, that will hurt as his bat is starting to come around, but Endy Chavez is a more than capable back up off the bench.

As far as the Yankee situation, unless Torre quits, I dont see him going anywhere. Its not his fault the pitching got torn apart and that their 25 million dollar player didnt do a damn thing through out the series. If steinbrenner thinks Pinella would have done better than I think its about time he gets a room in one of those nice assisted living facilities in Tampa, because he would then be truly certifiably senile.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 12:33:59 PM »

hmm, obviously my name says it all...but im a mets fan 2 ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 02:46:30 PM »

how can you like the red sox AND the mets?? they are mortal enemies...the only bigger enemy of the red sox is the yankees..remember 86? sox fans hate the mets with almost the same amount of passion as the yankees
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 02:54:38 PM »

Until the '86 series I was a fan of both teams. Living in New York as a Mets fan, you always rooted for any team that the Yankees were enemies of. Don't hate the Mets though for what happened. Blame the Red Sox bullpen for blowing a 2 run lead with two outs and two strikes on numerous batters. Also blame Bob Stanley for not getting his ass off the mound and not covering first base on "The Play". Even if Buckner does field the ball Mookie Wilson still would have beaten Stanley to the base and Knight still scores to win the game.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 03:27:42 PM »

Anyone who said at the beginning of this season that the (47 win) Tigers would have beaten the Yankees in the playoffs would have been called fucking retarded.

Ah what a great game baseball is. beer

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 09:55:36 AM »

Unless you're a Mets, Cardinals, A's, or Detroit fan....why would you wanna laugh at the Yanks?

Your team was sitting at home watching the games....

To kujo: Detroit awesome at the end of the season? You sure you're not thinking of Minnesota?? Detroit sucked the last 2 to 3 weeks, ending it by being swept by the KC Royals.

As for Torre not having anything to do with A-rods woes, I'll respectfully disagree.? Bouncing him around the lineup like a vollyball just screws with his head...something that the media does more than enough of.? If he was trying to send A-rod a message...it failed miserably.? I'll also offer up that making A-rod any sort of scapegoat in this one is laughable.? The entire Yankee lineup, with the possible exceptions of Jeter and Posada, sucked.? Not one of them earned their paychecks.? To point at A-rod simply because his has the largest (well, not really....Texas picks up a big share of it) isn't really fair.

I suppose the news isn't all bad, at least for me.? The Mets are my 2nd favorite team, so at least I still have someone to root for.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:02:16 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 12:41:58 PM »

Another victory for all that is fair and just in the world.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 07:19:04 PM »

they choked so hard.. Every year they've been choking.. Nice to see the yankee gear away and the mouths closed.. Grin
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »

wtf is all this about.....all crazy words?

html sucks
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 04:00:33 PM »

didnt know i couldnt like 2 teams, 1 from AL and 1 from NL..im from ct...figure it out i guess... smoking
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 05:27:11 AM »

I hate The Mets, Somebody better beat em.

And its great to see the greatest Chokes Artists in the history of Baseball(thats right greatest, cuz no other team dropped a 3-0 lead in a seven game series in the history of baseball) The Yawkees Lose!!!. Well what can be expected when you have a team comprised of Gay-Rod, The Anit-Christ, Mandy Johnson and Mrs October. Ohh this year may have not been the year of the Sox, but damn its great to see the Yawkees swept.? smoking
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:28:42 AM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 07:55:20 AM »

And its great to see the greatest Chokes Artists in the history of Baseball(thats right greatest, cuz no other team dropped a 3-0 lead in a seven game series in the history of baseball) The Yawkees Lose!!!. Well what can be expected when you have a team comprised of Gay-Rod, The Anit-Christ, Mandy Johnson and Mrs October. Ohh this year may have not been the year of the Sox, but damn its great to see the Yawkees swept.? smoking

If, indeed, you're a Red Sox fan....exactly what does that say about YOUR team?? I mean, from a 6 game lead in first to....finishing behind the Blue Jays?? It seems you guys have more to worry about than what happens to the Yanks in the playoffs...like, maybe making some moves to get BACK to them.

I mean...doesn't bagging on the team that owned you, beat you, and generally ended your season much earlier than you would have liked just make YOUR team look even worse?  I mean, at least the Yanks can say they lost to the eventual (and in dominating fashion) AL champs.  Hell, so far in the playoffs, they're the only team that's been able to beat Detroit.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 12:27:01 PM »

If, indeed, you're a Red Sox fan....exactly what does that say about YOUR team?? I mean, from a 6 game lead in first to....finishing behind the Blue Jays?? It seems you guys have more to worry about than what happens to the Yanks in the playoffs...like, maybe making some moves to get BACK to them.

I mean...doesn't bagging on the team that owned you, beat you, and generally ended your season much earlier than you would have liked just make YOUR team look even worse?? I mean, at least the Yanks can say they lost to the eventual (and in dominating fashion) AL champs.? Hell, so far in the playoffs, they're the only team that's been able to beat Detroit.

pilferk - you gotta understand that many people just HATE the yankees. they've won alot and they spend more than anyone. it's just natural.

and there's only one champ every year, and then there's everyone else. only one team gets bragging rights.

so to answer your question, the yanks losing doesn't change anything about the red sox season. their season wasn't good, we already knew that. but it would be WORSE if the yanks won. it would be worse for alot of fans.

but they didn't, so many people are happy. and the red sox still have won the title more recenly than the yanks.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 02:06:33 AM »

And its great to see the greatest Chokes Artists in the history of Baseball(thats right greatest, cuz no other team dropped a 3-0 lead in a seven game series in the history of baseball) The Yawkees Lose!!!. Well what can be expected when you have a team comprised of Gay-Rod, The Anit-Christ, Mandy Johnson and Mrs October. Ohh this year may have not been the year of the Sox, but damn its great to see the Yawkees lose.? smoking

I mean...doesn't bagging on the team that owned you, beat you, and generally ended your season much earlier than you would have liked just make YOUR team look even worse? I mean, at least the Yanks can say they lost to the eventual (and in dominating fashion) AL champs. Hell, so far in the playoffs, they're the only team that's been able to beat Detroit.

Ya well the Yawkees are out of the playoffs, aint it sweet which is the point of this thread, celebrating the Yawkees losing, and boy if theres one thing you can wish for besides another Sox world series, its that the Yawkees lose!!!! God with all these playoff collapses the last 3 years, i hope they keep ole Joe around, maybe he'll lead to another 3-0 lead that collapses on em. smoking
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:08:43 AM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: