Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Dillenger Escape Plan Diss Guns N' Roses and Axl
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dillenger Escape Plan Diss Guns N' Roses and Axl  (Read 5674 times)
anythinggoes
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:57:22 AM »

THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN has posted an update on the progress of the songwriting sessions for its new studio album at its MySpace page http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=13372776&blogID=176818747. A couple of excerpts follow:

"We are far into the writing of our new CD. Everyone is living and breathing this record 24/7 and we're all excited. We spend most of our time holed up in a couple different DILLINGER living/writing spots, including an underground lair and a house with an interior that resembles the one from 'Fight Club', rarely coming outside or even being awake during daylight hours for that matter, living like little rats. We only come out for Dunkin Donuts or 24-hour grocery stores at 3am.

"Rest assured, the album will come out much sooner than our previous track record would indicate. We appreciate everyone's patience... Good things come to those who wait. Uh... unless you're waiting for the new GUNS N' ROSES record, which apparently is coming out November 21st, 'cause that shit is gonna be an abomination, mark my words. I hope I'm wrong, but seriously, since Slash rolled the fuck out, braided Axl imposter guy has had not only a guy who wears a chicken bucket on his head filling in for him but about 30 other dorks too. None of whom have magical top hats that somehow never fall off and none of whom have a cool name like Slash or even Corpsefucker, for that matter. The forecast is here and the outlook is decidedly GRIM. Get Adler back and stop dicking around."

THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN recently released a digital-only EP, entitled "Plagiarism". The EP features "Unretrofied" (from "Miss Machine"), interpretations of NINE INCH NAILS' "Wish", MASSIVE ATTACK's "Angel", SOUNDGARDEN's "Jesus Christ Pose" and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE's "Like I Love You", as well as previously unreleased live material. Many of these covers have been heard during the band's live sets over the past several years but remained unrecorded until this EP. "Plagiarism" is available exclusively via iTunes.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 05:08:43 AM »

Well, fuck that Grin

"Good things come to those who wait. Uh... unless you're waiting for the new GUNS N' ROSES record, which apparently is coming out November 21st, 'cause that shit is gonna be an abomination, mark my words" ... "since Slash rolled the fuck out, braided Axl imposter guy has had not only a guy who wears a chicken bucket on his head filling in for him but about 30 other dorks too"

How nice to writte that ... I hope that soon we'll be able to say "who's laughing now, bitch ?"

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
makane
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 05:48:20 AM »

Noooo! Why does DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN diss Axl, whyyyy?!  crying
Oh My God this is the End Of Days!  crying

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 06:28:34 AM »

i dont even know who these guys are. probably fags.

html sucks
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 08:28:22 AM »

Of all the people who have no right to be slagging of Axl's songwriting ability, it's these guys who have seemingly never heard of the words "melody" or "tune".  "Mess" they seem to hear all to often, however...
Evolution
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 08:31:35 AM »

Haha, talk about going off on a random tangent. I doubt this diatrabe will get them the publicity they no doubt want.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 08:48:55 AM »

Yeah, someone posted a quote by the guy from Powerman 5000, who simply said "Axl's a nut" which I didn't find offensive, but some people on this site got upset & said "Who is this guy, blah blah blah" But the guy was specifically asked about Axl by the reporter. He simply answered, "Axl, that guy's a nut" nothing harmful or degrading. But this douche is going far, far, far out of his way to diss Axl and predict this album will fail. Even goes into detail by making fun of BH, and to state "Mark my words"!!

Well cheif, I got 'em marked down, and I'm gonna flood his myspace with comments laughing at him & his crappy band and album if CD is a solid album.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 09:31:18 AM »

The DEP fucking rocks, despite their opinions on GNR beer

None of whom have magical top hats that somehow never fall off and none of whom have a cool name like Slash

That was pretty funny though.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 01:44:40 PM »

I dont think anyone should use the word diss again ok

Everyone trashes GNR  . . even me. i mean how long do you need for a new album.

I love GNR . . but with everyday that passes the album needs to be better IMO

I think DEP sum up what most people feel about this new album, even if they came across as cocks when doing it.

We all know Axl has genius inside him . . but who sits on a killer album. Maybe a perfectionist. Maybe Not.

But all we can do is wait and hopefully all our faith will be repaid

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 01:49:04 PM »

Theres trashing GN'R and theres trashing GN'R. That sure as hell was trashing!
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 02:41:01 PM »

I saw DEP on the GIGANTOUR 2005 and they were so fucking bad im suprised they even got signed to a record deal. They were just a pathetic bunch of seteroid using frat boys jumping around like morons. Hell when there trecherous joke of a set was about to end they even acknowledged that most of us must be glad.....

Pathetic
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 03:32:18 PM »

They were just a pathetic bunch of seteroid using frat boys jumping around like morons.

Yet they'll play better than you ever will Wink

It's an acquired taste, I admit. DEP isn't something you'll want to listen to every day, but they do have their moments. And in a live setting, they slay.

edit: Proof included --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lxwlgyhhA Grin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 03:52:46 PM by Skeletor » Logged

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 03:53:10 PM »

These are the same douchebags who performed the worst version of My Michelle that's ever been heard.  For those of you who didn't hear it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZpCjS4WcG4

And to think, some people consider this "music"
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 04:13:08 PM »

Yep, they rule. That cover isn't a favorite though.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 06:40:57 PM »

I have a problem with non famous artists attacking famous artists.

If No one has ever heard of u, or if u have never accomplished anything, U really shouldnt criticize anyone else.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 07:37:03 PM »

he should shut up ... thats right, shut up. He has no right to say such things in a manner like that, I've never heard of him before. That proves my point, he did this for attention.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 07:44:23 PM »

Just more little bitches with a shit band that's goin nowhere tryin to make a name for themselves, fuck them
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 08:26:01 PM »

i dont even know who these guys are. probably fags.

Since when are all "fags" idiots with no taste in music?  Huh

Let's ease up on the homophobia.  ok
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 09:18:03 PM »

The Dillenger Escape plan is probably dissing GNR because they know how much A7x loves them.

If you don't remember Dillenger made fun of A7x awhile back... sounds like they like to make fun of bands better than them.  ok

Losers.

gnrevolution.com
smithandheston
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 11:59:39 PM »

I couldnt understand why Dave Mustane took em on tour.... neither did the rest of the fans.... shit thats why he admited it was a mistake and excluded them from the tour DVD!!!

I think we ought to stop mentioning them after all this is probally the most buzz they've had in their jokes of lives

but i will re-new my statements that they are a few steroid using fratboys who jump around like frogs on a hot plate
smithandheston
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 12:04:06 AM »

yea just a genetic cross between hatebreed and andrew wk
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: