Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:21:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash in Volkswagen commercial
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash in Volkswagen commercial  (Read 23237 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2006, 04:39:30 PM »

lmao i like it when i see my fav rockstars in cool adverts. At least people will go, "hey whos that" "thats slash man, badass guitarist" "cool what bands he in" and it goes from there and some person sees the light that is gnr!

html sucks
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2006, 05:07:21 PM »

There is nothing he won't do for $$$.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2006, 02:15:04 AM »

Going from GNR to Micheal Jackson may not be considered selling out but its definitely not the image of Slash I want to have. U look at like Dave Navarro and its like no one takes him seriously anymore.

I thought Slash started taking a walk down a similiar kind of path.

IS that dictionary defnition selling out? I dont know but a lot of people considered it to be.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2006, 03:23:46 AM »

Going from GNR to Micheal Jackson may not be considered selling out but its definitely not the image of Slash I want to have. U look at like Dave Navarro and its like no one takes him seriously anymore.

I thought Slash started taking a walk down a similiar kind of path.

IS that dictionary defnition selling out? I dont know but a lot of people considered it to be.

Hmmm... valid points, but Slash is still considered a rock guitar legend even outside of the GN'R fan circle, even if he did play with Michael Jackson. I don't know if Dave Navarro ever had a status as big as Slash.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2006, 03:41:18 AM »

No dont get me wrong, Slash could play with the backstreet boys, Britney Spears and then Ricky Martin and still be a ROCK GOD Legend.....

Just sayin their are different levels of selling out.

That being said, Im not sure there has ever been an artist who hasnt sold out on some level so its not that big of a deal.

I dont mind the Volkswagon commercial cause Slash is just plugged in and jamming.

I do absolutely hate bands that whore their songs to commercials.  that is selling out to me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
eddiesson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »

he could stay in GnR. Or even better, he could open lawsuits to own copyrights of every single GNR song, or the name of Gnr itself, all by his own.

if you try to insult someone, at least try to be smarter than a 6 year old kiddo.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2006, 11:21:43 AM »

Or even better, he could open lawsuits to own copyrights of every single GNR song

Too late he allready did that.  Roll Eyes
TheMole
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2006, 11:22:34 AM »

How in the world does a big rockstar involve volkswagons? This is as bad as Bon Jovi in the commercial for batteries.

There used to be a Bon Jovi branded line of Volkswagen Golfs. It was nothing more than a specific option pack on a stock VW Golf III, and a little sticker saying "Bon Jovi" in their signature font next to the model name on the trunk. I really don't like Bon Jovi, but I wouldn't call them sellouts...
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »

i dont see how picking up a couple million dollars for a commercial that slash was ASKED to do, not him on his knees going "please give me a commercial to do for 10,000 bucks please!", is selling out.

Slash is a highly requested pressensce in the music world. Michael Jackson didnt want EVH or Luke or anybody else he wanted Slash. Slash took his money and got to work with a legend and had teh creative freedom to do what he wanted for a song or 2.

Kravitz is Slash's friend so put 2 and 2 together.

So when Slash takes 1 and a half minutes to jam and reveal something really cool (but on really shitty cars) its not selling out

Slash was asked to sit down for like 3 hours and answer questions for Metal: A headbangers journey and said no because they wanted his time for free. But it's alright they had Dio confused

i like the commercials

i think i covered all the bases here peace

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »

How can you not say Bon Jovi are sell-outs? I didn't even know that. They did at least two pathetic commercials. Even in their 80's generic hairmetal heyday they were at least still somewhat rock and roll, then they whored their sound  completely to be pop so little girls would by their albums. That band is a joke...

I hate fanboys.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2006, 01:41:56 PM »

Cause he became more of a celebrity than an all time great Rock God..........

Dont get me wrong, I dont think there is anything wrong with it per se but Im just sayin if playin guitar in a car commercial is selling out, playing with MJ and Kravitz has to enter the equation as well.

nowhere near as bad as playin with NSync however.

Slash is still in my opinion the greatest original guitarist of my lifetime.

that was a richard dis!  hihi

i saw it while watching th yanks

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »

Slash was asked to sit down for like 3 hours and answer questions for Metal: A headbangers journey and said no because they wanted his time for free.

You said it allright, slash will do just about anything as long as he gets paid to do it. That's why he's a sellout.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2006, 01:53:22 PM »

Great to see you here  Shocked   Wonder when you'll get some negative karma for trolling  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2006, 01:54:57 PM »

slash could rape my mom , kill my dog , and light my house on fire...he'll still kick ass you know why?

HE'S FUCKIN SLASH MAN!!!

Anyways i dont see how it's selling out , how about axl taking all the rights to the GNR name so when everything GNR is sold he gets some cash out of it? SOunds like selling out to me? Or forcing the band to sign rights to you? Sounds like selling out to me!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »

Great to see you here  Shocked   Wonder when you'll get some negative karma for trolling  ok

I'm not trolling, I'm just stating the truth. Even that dude I quoted basically said the same thing. As long as he gets paid slash will do just about anything.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2006, 02:58:30 PM »

Slash was asked to sit down for like 3 hours and answer questions for Metal: A headbangers journey and said no because they wanted his time for free.

You said it allright, slash will do just about anything as long as he gets paid to do it. That's why he's a sellout.

I wouldn't say he is a sell out ,just your typical american .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2006, 03:43:12 PM »

I liked it.. I don't need my favs to hide and wonder where they are forever.. VW obviosuly knows he's a legendary player otherwise why use a unknown.. Nice to see him on prime time during the baseball playoffs... As for being a sell out the man does plenty of shit like interviews for nothing..  To me the ultimate sell out is a guy using the gnr name without any members who made the band but still plays the music and bills it as guns n roses..
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2006, 07:22:40 PM »

I saw the Slash/VW commercial for the first time on televison yesterday during the NFL games. The networks played it a pretty good bit of times. Cool to see!  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2006, 09:54:20 PM »

I saw the Slash/VW commercial for the first time on televison yesterday during the NFL games. The networks played it a pretty good bit of times. Cool to see!? ok

Drew, I liked it too... You live in Hoover?  Crazy...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2006, 01:34:23 AM »

I just wanted to say that I think the commercial is really cool. Its cool to see slash dressed in his old GNR attire too. Slash looks badass in it. Cool shit.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: