Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:38:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 210219 times)
clockworkrose
Rocker

Scorpio Rising

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2003, 07:52:08 PM »

my fave songs hafta be  "Mama Kin" and "Dream On"  [hihi]
Crepndeth8
Headliner

Illusion, Michael...

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2003, 01:52:05 AM »

I'm so pissed, I really wanted to go see the show, but the tickets were $130 and $90 without the service charges, so I just said fuck it.  I'll catch them on tour next year when I won't have to pay for Kiss too.

Tobias F?nke: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.
guitarpatch
Headliner

"Holding back the Big Guns!"

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2003, 01:55:57 PM »

How bout some Milk Cow Blues, Seasons of Wither, Adam's Apple, Lord of the Thighs, Sick as a Dog, Three Mile Smile, Let the Music do the Talkin, St. John, Janies Got a Gun, Everything on Get a Grip, and the lyrics to the song Sunshine are so fucking hilarious!  I Love Aerosmith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aerosmith, DreamTheater, Jeff Beck, Andres Segovia, Leo Brouwer, Guns, and Bach. Oh yeah, Bach, what else to you need in Life?
slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2003, 12:52:11 PM »

I love early aerosmith,fave albums definatly get your wings and rocks,although toys in the attic is a classic too.fave songs,hmnn, Kings and Queens is my fave i also like you see me cryin,toys in the attic,sweet emotion and loads more.hope they tour UK soon.

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
Foxy
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2003, 04:34:46 PM »

Cool Forum.  [yes]
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2003, 09:53:23 PM »

Aerosmith simply rocks, my 2nd favorite band. Dream On for me is one of the top 5 songs off all time, especially the one from the MTV Anniversary Video, w/ orchestra.

I just own 3 albuns: Live bootleg, Permanent Vacation and Nine Lives, they're all great, but the best is Rocks

All the songs in rocks are amazing, especially Rats in the Cellar (incredibly awesome) and Back in the saddle
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2003, 10:25:08 PM »

Buy Pandora's box...it'll leave you like [drooling]....a compilation of songs from their early albums,I not only have Pandora's Box but have it autographed by Joe Perry thank you.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2003, 02:24:19 PM »

Buy Pandora's box...it'll leave you like [drooling]....a compilation of songs from their early albums,I not only have Pandora's Box but have it autographed by Joe Perry thank you.

Lucky bastard, I jyst love Joe Perry, he's my biggest influence along with slash
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2003, 02:44:19 PM »

Lucky bastard, I jyst love Joe Perry, he's my biggest influence along with slash

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Well my friend sorry to make you jealous but I was not only abl eto have him sign my cds but also to shake his hand....

By the way, good influences...hope you take it somewhere,the world needs a real guitar player.

Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2003, 03:42:08 PM »

hehehe thanks, I agree the world needs a real guitar player. But I'm afraid it wont be me  Undecided Not that I'm bad in guitar but you know...
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2003, 11:55:35 AM »

The one I have is the mini box set with the 3 cds.....he signed the cover of the "lyrics booklet".

Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2003, 05:15:07 PM »

The one I have is the mini box set with the 3 cds.....he signed the cover of the "lyrics booklet".

when did you meet him?
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2003, 11:37:52 PM »

I met the guy almost a minth ago now...I was so nervous,shaking like a girl and sweating.

Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2003, 09:32:02 PM »

I met the guy almost a minth ago now...I was so nervous,shaking like a girl and sweating.

I'd be that way too. But it'd be worth it, the guy for me is a God
Uncle Axl
Headliner

"There's someone in my head that is not me"

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2003, 01:32:25 PM »

i wanna congratulate the man who dedicate this to Aerosmith!

I  got evry single album Aerosmith has released , and i would like to add something , if we talk about covers, i love im down from the beatles , i think Aerosmith gives this song the energy it needed .  [yes]

Keep on going this Aerosmith Topic rocks!!!!
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2003, 08:13:12 PM »

New Aerosmith Album Bumped To January

Aerosmith has finished cutting the tracks for its new blues album, which will be mixed over the summer and fall and will most likely be released in January by Columbia, guitarist Joe Perry tells Billboard.com. "All the basics are done, we're probably three-quarters done with the overdubs. And there really aren't many to do, because we cut the album basically live," he says.

Co-produced by the band and Jack Douglas, who helmed such Aerosmith classics as "Toys in the Attic" (1975) and "Rocks" (1976), the as-yet-untitled set will probably feature covers of Muddy Waters' "I'm Ready," Little Walter's "Temperature" and a couple of Mississippi Fred McDowell cuts, including "You Gotta Move."

Born out of sessions held in the basement of Perry's Boston-area home and then recorded nearby at the band's recently built studio, the album will most likely include a couple of songs featuring Perry singing lead. In April, Perry told Billboard.com one such track could be the early Fleetwood Mac cut "Stop Messin' Round."

The album will also include a few new Aerosmith originals. "There's one song that we wrote in Hawaii," he says. "It's got a real R&B feel to it; it kind of has the same feel as 'Crazy.'"

Previously, Perry said the band was shooting for a September release date. Pushing the album back roughly six months ought to prove helpful, he says: "By having the record come out in January, it gives us a little more time, and if something else comes along, it will be real easy to cut it and throw it on there," he says.

The decision certainly seems like a reaction to the warm response with which fans have greeted the band's forthcoming, co-headlining tour with Kiss. Perry says that most likely, the tour -- on which Aerosmith will close each show -- will last until Christmas, moving from amphitheaters into arenas.

"We always figured we'd be on the road until Christmas," he admits. "And, apparently, in spite of what some of the other tours are doing, we're doing pretty well. There's certainly an offer for us to go indoors, and I think that we'll make that decision pretty soon."

The opening show, to be held Aug. 2 in Hartford, Conn., will mark the first time the bands have shared a stage in nearly 30 years. "Certainly following them is not going to be easy," says the guitarist, who guested on Kiss bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons' 1978 solo album. "They're certainly headliners in their own right. It's just gonna make for more inspiration. I don't think there are too many people that I wouldn't follow, just because of my natural competitive instinct, and how much faith I have in my own band.

"But that's the kind of thing that makes for a great show," Perry continues. "Any time you get to follow a band that, whether they've got great songs, or they put on a great show, ya know, there's something about them that gets the audience crazy. It always inspires us to go on and top it."

Source: http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1924946

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Dizzy
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »

I'm going to see Aerosmith and Kiss in less than a month!   Cool
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2003, 10:54:56 PM »

Much respect I have for the Aerosmith guys(man I'm speaking like Yoda), wait I can't for their new album, live I saw them and blown away I was, Joe Perry I met and he is the coolest.

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2003, 06:28:05 PM »

Aerosmith Leaders Record Song With Chuck D And Busta Rhymes.

-- Aerosmith leaders Steven Tyler and Joe Perry have teamed with some of the biggest names in hip-hop on the theme song for the upcoming ESPY Awards. The song is called "Let's Get Loud," and it was written by Public Enemy's Chuck D and Gary G-Wiz.

Tyler and Perry were brought in by Chuck D to add a rock hook, and the goal is to have the track become a stadium anthem along the lines of Queen's "We Will Rock You" and Gary Glitter's "Rock And Roll, Part 2." A video was also filmed, and it will air at the beginning of the awards show.

Chuck D says the song will then be released under the heading the Spitballers. Besides Aerosmith and Chuck D, that version will also feature hip-hop stars Busta Rhymes, Phife Dawg, MC Lyte, and Public Enemy's Flavor Flav. The exact release date hasn't been announced yet.

The ESPY Awards, which honor sporting achievements from the past year, will air July 16 on ESPN.

It's not the first time Tyler and Perry have joined forces with rap stars. In 1986, they partnered with Run-D.M.C. on a remake of "Walk This Way," which peaked at Number Four on the pop chart and Number Eight on the R&B chart.

Source: http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=214088

If you did not get to see the ESPY awards on July 16 on ESPN they are show it over a few times.  [ok]

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2003, 12:13:15 PM »

my fave aerosmith songs are :

Walk This Way
Sweet Emotions
Angel
Dream On
Hole In My Soul
Crazy
Cryin

theres probably more i'm forgeting.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 12:15:35 PM by AxlRocks_MyWorld » Logged

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: