Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ace Frehley Solo work
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ace Frehley Solo work  (Read 2775 times)
Ak1nney
Rocker

« on: October 16, 2006, 11:42:25 AM »

I wanted to start a new topic and see if there are any Ace Frehley fans on the board. He did great work in KISS, but I enjoy his solo stuff a lot. A lot of the songs can be dated to just the 80's. but it's still rock and roll. I went to this record store the other day and found the Live +1 and Frehley's Comet vinyls sealed haha. Well I doubt any1 on here is a fan of his solo stuff. But you can post things about Ace in KISS or solo in here if you guys want. Ace is my all time favorite guitarist by the way  peace
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 09:51:15 PM »

I love his solo album from '78. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:54:42 PM »

Ya his solo album isn't too bad at all. It's got some good rock songs on it. I love rip it out, speeding back, snowblind, whats on ur mind, and all those. New York Groove is a fun song, I try not to feel gay when admitting I like it a lot.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 02:04:18 AM »

I used to be all about Kiss and Ace Frehley... but I haven't really listened to that stuff in a long time, and I think I might find it far too cheesy to bear now.

From what I remember I think the "Trouble Walkin'" CD was probably the most defendable of Ace's work... Hide Your Heart is still one of my favourite songs.? All of his "Fractured" solos are great too because there are no terrible lyrics to ruin them (unlike DOLLS or ROCK SOLDIERS).

I still break into "Rip It Out" on the guitar every once and awhile.

Oh.... and I get a nostalgic feeling listening to Into The Night, I give that song many many thumbs up
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:07:26 AM by Eazy E » Logged
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 10:25:47 AM »

Haha, hell ya Eazy E. I'm right there with you, I was huge into al this stuff when I was around 12, I mean I hit it hard for over 4 years lol. I'm 19 now, so it's not like it was that long ago. It faded out for me, but it's fun to go back to and listen to sometimes. Hide Your Heart was done very well by Ace, and Rip it out still kicks ass. If you don't mind ignoring a lot of the lyrics, the songs are classic haha. I've seen KISS recently, and I've seen the lineup, all the originals, except Ace. It's depressing, I doubt the guy will ever play another show within 2 states of me.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 10:37:03 AM »

I wouldbt be too pessimistic.. ive got it on good word that ace has a new band, and is in the studio right now recording a new solo cd... he will tour shortly after
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 09:09:43 PM »

Not to doubt what you say, but I know Ace has been saying since like 2000 or maybe even earlier that he has been working on a new album and will be touring it in the fall. Haha, I have heard him say that a lot before. But if what you say is true, then awesome, I really wanna see a living legend.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 09:21:51 PM »

Not to doubt what you say, but I know Ace has been saying since like 2000 or maybe even earlier that he has been working on a new album and will be touring it in the fall. Haha, I have heard him say that a lot before. But if what you say is true, then awesome, I really wanna see a living legend.

no, ive got this from someone in the industry who works with alot of these bands.. I know because he told me who is going to be in aces band... next summer hopefully well hear something..

but ace does have a tendency to be like axl rofl
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: