Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 1 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum  (Read 90112 times)
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 01:09:31 AM »

Most colleges don't sell alcohol on campus, they think it sends the wrong message. The kids just get wasted in their dorms beforehand then go to the concerts and sporting events.
benchiefjr
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 01:16:25 AM »

Iowa State is FAR BEYOND a dry college...but idk if they're selling it there.  I don't drink anyways, but i'll be at this concert with my friend.  hihi hihi
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 01:38:17 AM »

The University of Minnesota has liquor stores on campus, but I've never been to a gopher game so I don't know if they sell at their arena's or not.  Just have to drink enough before the show.  It will be cheaper that way.

Skol Vikings
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 02:44:04 AM »

Technically the liquor stores at the U of M aren't on campus, they just are across the street or down the block.  ok
The U doesn't sell liquor at Mariucci or Williams arena, I remember they had some big debate a few years back about selling wine at Northrup for plays and such.
Brody
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2006, 04:53:30 AM »

YES! They sell Alcohol at the hilton i beleive.. Let me ask a friend! and i'll get back!

ps. hopefully i can get to this show!
gunslinger
Opening Act

Capitain America's been torn apart

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2006, 09:34:20 AM »

Just got 2 tix in section 131, Row 10.

The ticketmaster site has now moved up the sale to Friday instead of Saturday. Not that it matters cause you can go to the official site right now and order.

Cool!? I'm in the same section row 8.? You from IA?

Wake Up!!  Time to Diieeee!!!!
gunslinger
Opening Act

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 09:36:57 AM »

Sorry dude, wasn't reading.  I now see you're driving quite a distance to get here.  You'll like the Hilton, should be a great scene for a Guns show!

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 11:26:40 AM »

The University of Minnesota has liquor stores on campus, but I've never been to a gopher game so I don't know if they sell at their arena's or not.? Just have to drink enough before the show.? It will be cheaper that way.

They do not sell liquor at the hockey or basketball games.? However they don't hold concert events at the venues either....so who knows.

I went to a prince concert at the northrup in 2000 and they sold beer there, and that venues is on campus i think.....I am confident there will be beer at this venues....come on, its GNR!!! 

I have gone to one dry concert before, that was Aerosmith, man did that put a cramp in the show for me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:37:36 AM by ipoopie » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
gunslinger
Opening Act

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2006, 12:11:26 PM »

The University of Minnesota has liquor stores on campus, but I've never been to a gopher game so I don't know if they sell at their arena's or not.  Just have to drink enough before the show.  It will be cheaper that way.

They do not sell liquor at the hockey or basketball games.  However they don't hold concert events at the venues either....so who knows.

I went to a prince concert at the northrup in 2000 and they sold beer there, and that venues is on campus i think.....I am confident there will be beer at this venues....come on, its GNR!!!

I have gone to one dry concert before, that was Aerosmith, man did that put a cramp in the show for me.

I have been to concerts there before.  They sell beer, rest easy my alcoholic gunners!!

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 09:07:03 PM »

Gunslinger, when you "there" were you specifically speaking of Hilton Coliseum?  It's an NCAA sanctioned arena, and I don't know if they can sell beer.  Because it's a concert, and not a sporting event, that may exclude the NCAA rules on the night of the concert.  Thank you for the responses. 
gunslinger
Opening Act

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 08:05:29 AM »

Gunslinger, when you "there" were you specifically speaking of Hilton Coliseum? It's an NCAA sanctioned arena, and I don't know if they can sell beer. Because it's a concert, and not a sporting event, that may exclude the NCAA rules on the night of the concert. Thank you for the responses.
Yes, I've been at the Hilton 3 or 4 times for concerts and each time, I have gotten to enjoy delicious ice cold beer.  It makes me a jolly good fellow. beer

WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 11:03:35 AM »

Gunslinger, when you "there" were you specifically speaking of Hilton Coliseum? It's an NCAA sanctioned arena, and I don't know if they can sell beer. Because it's a concert, and not a sporting event, that may exclude the NCAA rules on the night of the concert. Thank you for the responses.
Yes, I've been at the Hilton 3 or 4 times for concerts and each time, I have gotten to enjoy delicious ice cold beer.? It makes me a jolly good fellow. beer

Woah.  Are you quoting a New Odyssey song?

gunslinger
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 01:06:31 PM »

No, not familiar with New Odyssey.  Good stuff?  Maybe I'll have to check 'em out, especially if they enjoy the beer such as I do.

WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 01:15:24 PM »

No, not familiar with New Odyssey.? Good stuff?? Maybe I'll have to check 'em out, especially if they enjoy the beer such as I do.

Oh, ok.  They're not a hard rock band or anything.  Anyway, they do this song called, "I Like Beer", and that's what I thought you were quoting.  www.newodyssey.net if you're curious...

Back on topic though...  I'm driving from Chicago to see this show, so I hope we are getting new and mixed setlists this time around!   beer

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 02:40:30 PM »

No, not familiar with New Odyssey.? Good stuff?? Maybe I'll have to check 'em out, especially if they enjoy the beer such as I do.

Oh, ok.? They're not a hard rock band or anything.? Anyway, they do this song called, "I Like Beer", and that's what I thought you were quoting.? www.newodyssey.net if you're curious...

Back on topic though...? I'm driving from Chicago to see this show, so I hope we are getting new and mixed setlists this time around!? ?beer

I am expecting the same general setlist, as I am going to IA and MPLS shows back to back.  I imagine however they may switch the setlist a bit since it is a back to back show.  I am only hoping for rocket queen on one of the nights, if that happens, I will no set list gripes.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 04:04:34 PM »

yes indeed, they do serve beer at Hilton during concerts.  For those traveling from up north, the State patrol runs a speed trap near the intersection of Highway 20 and I-35 before and after every event at Hilton.  Safe to say once you get south of Mason City heading down to Ames, watch yourselves.  And yes, as an ISU graduate, I can testify that Ames is NOT a dry campus  hihi

BTW, got my tix in Section 131 Row 8  Should 10-20 feet from Finck most of the night (Which will make my wife happy).
gunslinger
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 04:27:02 PM »

yes indeed, they do serve beer at Hilton during concerts. For those traveling from up north, the State patrol runs a speed trap near the intersection of Highway 20 and I-35 before and after every event at Hilton. Safe to say once you get south of Mason City heading down to Ames, watch yourselves. And yes, as an ISU graduate, I can testify that Ames is NOT a dry campus hihi

BTW, got my tix in Section 131 Row 8 Should 10-20 feet from Finck most of the night (Which will make my wife happy).
That's cool, I'm in 131 row 8 also, seats 12 and 13. ok

benchiefjr
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »

Does anyone have any extra tickets to the show in Ames for a possible lower price.  Because my friend is really low on money but he's dying to go.  If this belongs in the tour section i apologize, i just figured there would be more people seeing it here.  Please help if you can.  crying
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 05:36:01 PM »

No offense man, but I really don't think anyone is going to sell their tickets below face value when they just ordered them 2 days ago.  Good Luck though, I'd check ebay just a few days before the show when they will probably be below face.

Skol Vikings
benchiefjr
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 05:56:06 PM »

i know...but there is always hope.  rofl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: