Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 09:51:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Is it crazy?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it crazy?  (Read 17857 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2006, 02:34:45 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061018/ap_on_bi_ge/business_of_life

changing dress codes for a different looking work force......

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2006, 02:51:13 AM »

if there is no set uniform then your free to wear what you want... apart  from frilly nickers and coconut bra's  hihi

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Randallflagg
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2006, 11:34:49 PM »

Hey other randall flagg, think you could change your name?? I don't want people getting us confused, me being so badass and all.? ok

no thats ok ill keep my name champ.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2006, 12:17:16 AM »

Hey other randall flagg, think you could change your name?? I don't want people getting us confused, me being so badass and all.? ok

I really have to ask if you are serious with this thread?  1st off what state do you work in because last I checked the Federal Minimum Wage is more than what you are making and it is ILLEGAL for you to be paid any less-

I assume you are in the US because you are stating your wage in dollars.

Even if your state has a lower minimum wage than the Federal you are entitled by LAW to the higher of the 2.

There are provisions only when there are tips involved (but even so the employer is required that your wage plus the tips must equal minimum wage) and I highly doubt you get those working in a Christian Bookstore.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/minimumwage.htm

As for wearing your GNR tees to the Christian Bookstore, well I don't even know how to respond to that except for this- rofl
Bono
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2006, 12:31:47 AM »

Why would you want to though?  It'd be like me joining as bono when there was already a Bono registered.  the original Randall Flagg has seniority over you. 2 years and over 600 posts seniority. No offence but you should be forced to change your name. yes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2006, 01:00:09 AM »

Hey other randall flagg, think you could change your name?  I don't want people getting us confused, me being so badass and all.  ok

Why would you want to though?  It'd be like me joining as bono when there was already a Bono registered.  the original Randall Flagg has seniority over you. 2 years and over 600 posts seniority. No offence but you should be forced to change your name. yes

Technically his name is "gunslinger" on the account. He then changed it to RF. So..........I don't see the harm.
Bono
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2006, 01:06:44 AM »

Why would you want to though?? It'd be like me joining as bono when there was already a Bono registered.? the original Randall Flagg has seniority over you. 2 years and over 600 posts seniority. No offence but you should be forced to change your name. yes

Technically his name is "gunslinger" on the account. He then changed it to RF. So..........I don't see the harm.

You mean THE Gunslinger? ROV, Unleashed GS?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2006, 01:10:29 AM »

Hey other randall flagg, think you could change your name?  I don't want people getting us confused, me being so badass and all.  ok

I'm not sure............see, there is two of them too!
VIP

« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2006, 10:09:36 AM »

HAHAHA bitchin stupid thread.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2006, 11:34:53 AM »

Why would you want to though?? It'd be like me joining as bono when there was already a Bono registered.? the original Randall Flagg has seniority over you. 2 years and over 600 posts seniority. No offence but you should be forced to change your name. yes

I'm not sure............see, there is two of them too!

No, I am not the same gunslinger on ROV.  He and I decided to end the confusion (as seen above) that I would change my name since he had the name longer.  I chose Randall Flagg because it's a character in the same line of works from King.  Unfortunately, this 17 year old dipsshit who doesn't possess the common sense to not wear controversial clothing in a Christian store wants to be rather rude.  All the same to me, he won't be around for long and no one will pay him much attention.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2006, 01:07:21 PM »

You work at a Christian book store and expect them to let you wear a shirt with a Catholic cross on the front engraved with the skeletal faces of smoking, boozing, womanizing rock stars
[meaningless smart assed remark]Yupp, you can't have that.
We all know that only having a picture  of one dead, tortured guy on a cross is acceptable.5 Skulls=naynay. yes
[/meaningless smart assed remark]

While some jobs and some outfits just don't mix, it's still a fucked up idea by default to overstress a dress code.
"Can't do your job right if you don't come with a shiteater tie, sorry"
Thank god finland is pretty liberal in that sense.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2006, 03:15:57 PM »

[meaningless smart assed remark]Yupp, you can't have that.
We all know that only having a picture  of one dead, tortured guy on a cross is acceptable.5 Skulls=naynay. yes
[/meaningless smart assed remark]

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

The entire reason the AFD cross exists is to semi-mock the template of the typical Catholic/Christian cross - Jesus is the figure of the religion. He represents something to its followers; having skeletons with cigarettes in their mouths is a bit different, no?
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2006, 03:29:07 PM »

When someone makes a meaningless smartassed remark, and even goes into lenghts of pointing it out as such just in case someone somehow managed to read too much into it, it is often a good idea to treat it as a meaningless smart assed remark and not read too much into it.

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2006, 03:33:03 PM »

When someone makes a meaningless smartassed remark, and even goes into lenghts of pointing it out as such just in case someone somehow managed to read too much into it, it is often a good idea to treat it as a meaningless smart assed remark and not read too much into it.

[meaningless smart-assed remark]You are a complete fucking idiot with no sense of humor, intelligence or a shred of dignity, and your act of trying to hide blanket statements behind meaningless brackets is weak, childish and moronic, as is your total lack of knowledge.[/meaningless smart-assed remark]

Oh, don't read into that too much. It's a good thing I made sure to say it was just a meaningless remark, because, I mean, like GAWD! Just imagine if I had actually written that without bracket disclaimers!  Shocked
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2006, 07:59:25 PM »

[meaningless smart-assed remark]You are a complete fucking idiot with no sense of humor, intelligence or a shred of dignity, and your act of trying to hide blanket statements behind meaningless brackets is weak, childish and moronic, as is your total lack of knowledge.[/meaningless smart-assed remark]

Oh, don't read into that too much. It's a good thing I made sure to say it was just a meaningless remark, because, I mean, like GAWD! Just imagine if I had actually written that without bracket disclaimers!  Shocked

Is it every thread that requires attention whoring and drama, or just most of them? Grin
Since I too like to read too much into meaningless smart assed remarks, I must say that your ability analyze people based of few lines of text is admirable. I wish I was half as cool as you think you are. yes

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 08:05:55 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2006, 08:15:52 PM »

Is it every thread that requires attention whoring and drama, or just most of them? Grin

I believe you were the one who wrote the ignorant and self-proclaimed "meaningless" post, not I.  yes

Since I too like to read too much into meaningless smart assed remarks, I must say that your ability analyze people based of few lines of text is admirable.

I don't have to analyze someone "of" (sic) a few lines of text. Your colors shine true and bright.

I wish I was half as cool as you think you are. yes

I wish you were half as witty and insightful as you think you are.  yes
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2006, 08:41:20 PM »

That i risk getting fired at my job for wearing my GNR tshirt?? Im the biggest fan ever and i want to wear it to work but my manager who owns the place says it is inappropriate and warned me that if i wear it again Ill be terminated.? Cry

Yo dude, just walk into work with a GNR shirt in your back pocket or wherever and then wait until it gets busy and then go in the back room, put the shirt on, walk back out, and then if he says one word about it....blast him in the grill as hard as you can and break his face......you can get a job anywhere and this boss of yours needs a potent dose of reality.......actually, don't do that......I don't think anyone on here feels like pitchin' in $100 bills to bail you out.......just take a dump on his desk and call it a day... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2006, 08:48:59 PM »

I believe you were the one who wrote the ignorant and self-proclaimed "meaningless" post, not I.  yes

I don't have to analyze someone "of" (sic) a few lines of text. Your colors shine true and bright.

If you read the post again, you might notice that it comes with four(4) lines of  actual text.
One of them being  "self proglaimed - meaningless" remark that was, not a valid point or an opinnion(thus the brackets!), but something that felt/feels like a entertaining thing to mention. Meanwhile, the actual reason for the post to exist was in the 3 lines that followed.
Which is something you of course  just chose to ignore, and pretend you are all hyped up about something I ever so nicely discredited even myself in not one, but two posts.Including the original goddamned post.

Why you pretend there was  something  enough to attempt to start a dumb E-soap opera there, I have no idea.
Maybe I should have been among the cheerleaders in your No Sleep!!!-thread or in some other dumb live- journalesque LOOK AT MEEE!!- "project" of yours to be saved from your entertaining net-wrath?:p

Oh, and most of the (subtle and otherwise)  "haa haa, dumb foreigner, your grammar fucking sucks"-remarks are very 1999, and don't help getting anyone that annoyed anymore:(

..I wonder how seriously you think I am taking you here Wink
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 09:02:18 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2006, 09:13:09 PM »

If you read the post again, you might notice that it comes with four(4) lines of  actual text.

Indeed. And?  Huh

One of them being  "self proglaimed - meaningless" remark that was, not a valid point or an opinnion(thus the brackets!), but something that felt/feels like a entertaining thing to mention.

*Sigh*

Let's make something very clear. If you put brackets around sentences, the brackets do not work as some type of automatic defense system. You wrote what you wrote, regardless of whether you just wrote it because you thought it was an "entertaining thing to mention." No, it's not entertaining. It's obvious, superficial, weak and immature.

Meanwhile, the actual reason for the post to exist was in the 3 lines that followed.

[meaningless entertaining sarcasm] Thanks for the clarification. That's really quite helpful. I wasn't capable of noticing this myself. [/meaningless entertaining sarcasm]

Which is something you of course  just chose to ignore

No, I ignored the rest of your post because there was nothing wrong with it. If I object to one portion of your post, why on earth would I address another topic?  Huh I don't follow your logic. If you say "All priests rape boys" and the rest of your post is about how much you love Trix cereal, I'm not going to bash you for saying both of these things.

..., and pretend you are all hyped up about something I ever so nicely discredited even myself in not one, but two posts.Including the original goddamned post.

rofl I can't believe you're actually arguing this.

You're upset that I'm criticizing you for writing something that you deemed "meaningless" and "pointless" and now going as far as to claim that even YOU discredited your own words from the start. Yep. So why did you even write them? It sure as hell wasn't funny, special, "entertaining" or witty.

Why you pretend there was  something  enough to attempt to start a dumb E-soap opera there, I have no idea.

I don't have to pretend, my dear. The words are right there for all to read.

Maybe I should have been among the cheerleaders in your No Sleep!!!-thread or in some other dumb live- journalesque LOOK AT MEEE!!- "project" of yours to be saved from your entertaining net-wrath?:p

Or maybe if you don't like my posts you just shouldn't respond to them?  Huh There's a concept.

Oh, and most of the (subtle and otherwise)  "haa haa, dumb foreigner, your grammar fucking sucks"-remarks are very 1999, and don't help getting anyone that annoyed anymore:(

Forgive me, friend, but I hardly recall ever writing "haa haa, dumb foreigner, your grammar fucking sucks."  Huh This sounds like another one of your simplistic generalizations.  no And my pointing out your grammar was not to "annoy" you - I pointed out your grammar because when you start insulting the intelligence of others you'd better make sure you're not being a hypocrite.

..I wonder how seriously you think I am taking you here Wink

Frankly I don't care if you're taking me seriously or not. The very fact that you would imply you are NOT taking me seriously is just another reason for me to consider you to be a very immature, rude and intolerant person. If you're debating with someone over the Internet and allow the public to know you aren't taking the other person seriously, that's rather unfortunate, because this is the least one could do in such a situation. It's a matter of common courtesy.

Evidently you are treating this as some type of fierce battle whereas to me it's just another discussion - and if you truly aren't taking me seriously then perhaps you'd better start doing so just to act like a human being with a shred of dignity and respect.  ok Learn some manners. You know why everyone hates Bill O'Reilly? Because when he starts debating with people on his show, he starts tuning them out and will often completely cut off the interview and not respond to them. Very mature!

It's better to take someone seriously in a debate because then you aren't being arrogant, ignorant and rude.  yes Common decency. Your parents should have taught you that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 09:16:10 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2006, 09:33:32 PM »

This is stupid, all kinds of places? have dress codes that employees have to adhere to. if you dont want to do that quit the job and find somewhere you can wear your guns shirt..probably wont be a very up scale place though. I have several gnr shirts but i know i wouldnt wear them everywhere i go.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 09:35:47 PM by pebbles » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: