Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Magic disappearing headlines/threads...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magic disappearing headlines/threads...  (Read 42554 times)
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2006, 07:36:47 PM »

If mgmt asked Jarmo to take it down, TOTALLY understandable. But why not tell us that?

Its over at Rolling Stone. Why would GNR Mgmt  not allow discussion of an article that is on another free public web site?

Guess we can talk about it here though, in the basement behind the door of the back broom closet of HTGTH  hihi rofl

Hey, if we cant discuss it, can the RS article be posted in the news section? I believe it meets the criteria:

"From now on, this section will only be used to post GN'R news articles with a source."

We got a source!

Because GNR management pays the bills here at HTGTH.....  man, this place just wreaks of politics!

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2006, 07:37:16 PM »

Hey Jarmo, is Merck/Mysteron/or you going to give us an explanation soon?

Just wandering, not attacking in anyway. I'm sure there's a reason you were told to delete this.

My guess is that everything will make sense when GN'R wants us to know, not when a magazine wants to sell extra copies.

Jarmo (EDIT: AND JIMBOB), i try to express an opinion in a democratic fashion and you tell me to leave? that just forther exemplifies my statement that htgth = nazi. in democracies, we are able to criticize things, but that doesn't mean we leave when we don't get our way. we just keep on bitching hihi

People who bitch get banned. Because HTGTH = communist nazis!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2006, 07:37:55 PM »

i've said it 394587329587245987432985723498578432 times, htgth = nazi

Jawohl.

Mein Herr can leave this board at any given moment.

/jarmo

Jarmo (EDIT: AND JIMBOB), i try to express an opinion in a democratic fashion and you tell me to leave?  that just forther exemplifies my statement that htgth = nazi.  in democracies, we are able to criticize things, but that doesn't mean we leave when we don't get our way.  we just keep on bitching hihi

i'm not telling you to do anything.. its not my place.  all i am saying is that no one is forcing you to come here and if I didn't like the way a website was run, I simply wouldn't go to it.

i mean clearly management didn't want that article posted at that time for whatever reason.  whats the big deal?
EFISH
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2006, 07:39:07 PM »

Just wandering, not attacking in anyway. I'm sure there's a reason you were told to delete this.

My guess is that everything will make sense when GN'R wants us to know, not when a magazine wants to sell extra copies.

Sounds good to me!

But hmm, so the selling copy's thing is like saying this article is false. I think its pretty obvious at this point that is a true article, with true facts. yes

Anyway, that article was still pretty damn good! Its very reassuring.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2006, 07:39:10 PM »

^^what I'm saying is, just because I don't agree with how the system is run doesn't mean that I can't participate.  For example, I don't agree with Bush administration politics, but that doesn't mean I renounce my citizenship.  Right?

rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2006, 07:39:38 PM »

I'm thinking Jarmo was maybe promised an exclusive (Axl Interview?) if he complies with management.  Just a guess.  If I remember right, he actually said thanks to the person who put the scan of the article up.  Management must have contacted him after that.  Again, I am just speculating.  This is still the best GNR site around, just wish it would stop acting like GNR with all the secretive stuff lately.

Skol Vikings
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2006, 07:40:03 PM »

So we arent allowed to discuss the recent Rolling Stone article?HuhHuh

I wonder if Axl will get pissed at Baz now?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fixintodie
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2006, 07:40:10 PM »

If Merck doesn't want Rolling Stone to post an article, why the fuck did he talk to them?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2006, 07:40:36 PM »

In case you haven't noticed, magazines have wanted to sell extra copies by printing articles before and you've never put a lock-down on the whole subject. ?If it's out there, it's perfectly reasonable to discuss it... it's not just rumours, it's an actual article with quotes from people who would actually know what they're talking about.
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2006, 07:40:47 PM »

If Merck doesn't want Rolling Stone to post an article, why the fuck did he talk to them?
I was thinking that as well...
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2006, 07:41:35 PM »

So we arent allowed to discuss the recent Rolling Stone article?HuhHuh

I wonder if Axl will get pissed at Baz now?

Maybe the tour will be cancelled and the album will go back to the shadows...

GNRevolution... the missing link.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2006, 07:41:58 PM »

I'm thinking Jarmo was maybe promised an exclusive (Axl Interview?) if he complies with management.  Just a guess.  If I remember right, he actually said thanks to the person who put the scan of the article up.  Management must have contacted him after that.  Again, I am just speculating.  This is still the best GNR site around, just wish it would stop acting like GNR with all the secretive stuff lately.

HTGTH is GNR

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2006, 07:42:05 PM »

^^what I'm saying is, just because I don't agree with how the system is run doesn't mean that I can't participate.  For example, I don't agree with Bush administration politics, but that doesn't mean I renounce my citizenship.  Right?

its an internet message board, not a democratic country.  theres at least 20 different GNR boards out there, and if I had a problem with one of them, I wouldn't go to it.   

I run a board myself and if someone came there telling me how to run it and that I was a nazi, they wouldn't be there anymore.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2006, 07:42:16 PM »

I'm thinking Jarmo was maybe promised an exclusive (Axl Interview?) if he complies with management.?

No.

Maybe he didn't know it was gonna be posted this week? Maybe it wasn't his quotes that were "leaked" too soon?

Maybe he was misquoted or taken out of context?

There's many possibilities...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2006, 07:45:18 PM »

its an internet message board, not a democratic country.  theres at least 20 different GNR boards out there, and if I had a problem with one of them, I wouldn't go to it.   

I run a board myself and if someone came there telling me how to run it and that I was a nazi, they wouldn't be there anymore.

well, i really think that jarmo and other mods do an overall great job, but there are some things they do that i disagree with and I point them out, because I think it would improve the board (from my point of view).  I do, however, realize that jarmo et al. have another agenda than the rest of us

fixintodie
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2006, 07:47:07 PM »

I'm thinking Jarmo was maybe promised an exclusive (Axl Interview?) if he complies with management.

No.

Maybe he didn't know it was gonna be posted this week? Maybe it wasn't his quotes that were "leaked" too soon?

Maybe he was misquoted or taken out of context?

There's many possibilities...

/jarmo

Regardless of that, I was posting in response to your speculation:

In which case talking to RS in any capacity would defeat the purpose.
slashBOG
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2006, 07:47:24 PM »

maybe Jarmo IS Axl ?Shocked Shocked
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2006, 07:47:27 PM »

Merck has 1 quote, and it is the same quote he gave in the US tour press release about the number of Tuesday's left till January. ?He was not miss quoted and it was not taken out of context.

The article was great from GNR's perspective...of course unless they are not planning on releasing the album in 2006 (which it looks like they are).

The troubling thing is that its out there for everyone to see and discuss elsewhere, but the die hards that call this place home for the gnr fix can't discuss it. ?Is this an unofficial board or is Merck telling you gusy what you can and can't do?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2006, 07:49:04 PM »

Is this an unofficial board or is Merck telling you gusy what you can and can't do?

DIN DINGG DING We have a winner!!!
fixintodie
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2006, 07:49:40 PM »

The number one frustration for me is that when fans are left to blindly speculate/predict/guess, their threads are called pointless, and deleted.

When we finally get some news, the thread is deleted.

What's left?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: