Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy cannot come out with ZERO advance notice
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy cannot come out with ZERO advance notice  (Read 17153 times)
Sweet Black Magic
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2006, 09:52:28 AM »

Can someone point me to the post or message where this came from? ?Did Merck issue a statement of some kind?
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2006, 09:52:40 AM »

just a theory, what if the album comes out October 24!!?? first night of the tour, a tuesday.. we could get it any tuesday they said..

I like it...the sooner the better ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2006, 09:55:22 AM »

I will be very very suprised to see it released this year. What you probably will see is a statement soon talking about how the album release has been delayed until spring 2007.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2006, 10:21:47 AM »

Can someone point me to the post or message where this came from? ?Did Merck issue a statement of some kind?

Sure. Just go to any of the other GNR site except this one.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2006, 10:40:35 AM »

We're not allowed to talk about it here.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2006, 10:47:46 AM »

Not to be a jerk, but does anyone know why we aren't allowed to talk about this?  I caught the news late yesterday, but just checked back in and was surprised to see so little discussion about the article.  Just curious why....
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2006, 10:49:14 AM »

No idea, I wonder if they have given Jarmo a copy of CD in exchange for not letting us talk about it.
All these posts will probably be deleted in a minute anyway.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2006, 10:51:13 AM »

Apparently there are good reasons not to discuss it for the moment. They aren't known but Jarmo said so.

Since this is a serious GNR site, I believe those reasons are good enough.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2006, 10:51:34 AM »

Not to be a jerk, but does anyone know why we aren't allowed to talk about this?? I caught the news late yesterday, but just checked back in and was surprised to see so little discussion about the article.? Just curious why....

It's on every other website.

THE MAGAZINE IS EVEN IN CIRCULATION!!!!

It's retarded, it really is.

What leaks??
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »

Thanks Nico.  I didn't see anything from Jarmo; which is why I asked.  Sounds like there's a good reason.

Cheers.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2006, 10:52:34 AM »

Im sure Jarmo knows what hes doing. Quiet before the storm! Wait for California to wake up, its not even 8am over there at the moment.

Been waiting for this for a long time!

Jonx
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 10:55:47 AM by Jonx » Logged
guns_n_motley
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2006, 11:01:54 AM »

Apparently there are good reasons not to discuss it for the moment. They aren't known but Jarmo said so.

Since this is a serious GNR site, I believe those reasons are good enough.

hmm, I expect an announcment really SOON unless the mods are going to be really busy for the next couple weeks rofl hihi
EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2006, 11:04:18 AM »

While it sucks and we really have no idea why posts about the RS article are being censored....Jarmo usually has a good reason for things.  But regradless, it seems a little goofy.  I guess time will tell.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2006, 11:08:39 AM »

I have noticed a few threads that get cencored.  Why?   

How come the lawsuit thread is banned?   That one was kinda interesting to read

If you dont like me, blow me!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2006, 11:47:31 AM »

Geralds right.  CD cannot come out with ZERO advance notice.

Because we've already had some.

We've had notice, and discussion, that the album will be this year, and on a Tuesday.

We might not have notice, yet, on which one in particular, but....that's quibbling at this point, I think.

My guess is this is part of their PR strategy.  Because right now it's the question asked in every interview/meeting/Axl sighting.  And it's all over radio, TV, and magazines.

That's both notice and promotion.  Kinda slick if you think it through.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »

just a theory, what if the album comes out October 24!!?? first night of the tour, a tuesday.. we could get it any tuesday they said..

yeah, that was my theory, back on page 3, yesterday.  ok
i think it will be October 24th , (Oct 31st at the latest) possibly download only(gunsnroses.com, or iTunes) at first, then the actual album will release in stores, after that

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2006, 01:43:34 PM »

yeah, that was my theory, back on page 3, yesterday. ok
i think it will be October 24th , (Oct 31st at the latest) possibly download only(gunsnroses.com, or iTunes) at first, then the actual album will release in stores, after that

You have to be crazy to think that.   You actually think they would release an album without a single on the radio.    Name me the last band that did this.

If the album isnt out by the american thanksgiving there is no chance it will be out this year.

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2006, 01:46:25 PM »

yeah, that was my theory, back on page 3, yesterday.? ok

Now this I actually think could happen. An itunes only exclusive for a week or two before the CD drops. That would be something both innovative and newsworthy.
Even if Merck did say "It might just be in the stores when you walk in", that's not going to happen. The cost to drop ship the CD too thousands of records stores the day before the release (meaning, not going the normal route of using distrubution centers) would be mind blowing. Not to mention, it wouldn't be advertised in the sunday circular prior to the release.

Regardless, the fact that threads are being deleted because people are talking about and anticipating the new CD is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Could you imagine any other company saying "Wow..all these people want to buy our product and are discussing it online....let's shut them up and not let them talk about it". It just shows how assbackwards this whole saga has been over the past 7 years.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2006, 01:46:45 PM »

If it was coming out THIS coming Tuesday, it would have to have already been pressed, packaged and shipped. ? All totally hush-hush.

There would be people in music stores today and tomorrow opening the boxes and seeing it. ? And they'd ALL be keeping quiet about it.

Unless - release it on iTunes only.   

What leaks??
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2006, 01:52:01 PM »

If it was coming out THIS coming Tuesday, it would have to have already been pressed, packaged and shipped.   All totally hush-hush.

There would be people in music stores today and tomorrow opening the boxes and seeing it.   And they'd ALL be keeping quiet about it.

Unless - release it on iTunes only.

Ya so you are telling me that the 16 year old kid that works down the street at my bestbuy is going to keep quiet.   Fuck that shit.  mabey him, but i bet someone would talk.

Fact is.   This Album is not schedualled to be released any time soon...     You think the managers at the record stores, just one day open a box and say,"hey look it the new GNR cd, we should sell this."   Fuck that.   They have to know pre-sale.   Then if someone knows, someone talks.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: