Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:39:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Unofficial DVD: Chicago 9th April 1992 Rosemont Horizon now released
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unofficial DVD: Chicago 9th April 1992 Rosemont Horizon now released  (Read 9256 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 06:13:24 PM »

I got my copy today its done by Masterplan and Licensed by Plata Music

The quality is not that great in my opinion and it also has a big MP in a circle in the Left hand corner here are some pics of the DVD casing Click for bigger pictures

Tracklist

Nightrain
Mr Brownstone
Live and let Die
Attitude
Its So Easy
Wild Horses
Patience
Double Talking Jive
Civil War
Welcome To The Jungle
November Rain
You Could Be Mine
Band Intros
Godfather theme
Coma

Dude, that's not an official release. Just because it's in stores, doesn't mean it's officially licensed by Guns N' Roses.

Several have stated that the DVD is sourced from the bootleg, and plus that's not even the full show. The bootleg has the full show (Paradise City is cut), and is also pro-shot.

Get the bootleg...
For fucks sake dude do you think im stupid or something i know the Dvd is not official i never mentioned anywhere that is was official ,the idea of the topic was to inform people of the quality of the dvd which i have. I always knew is was unofficial even when i placed the order 3 months or so ago with hmv.com my hope was that a better source had been found not them using the stuff we had already downloaded.? ?

Yes I do think you're stupid. At least with this statement, I do.

The title of your thread was Chicago 1992 Officially released. Officially released & officially licensed means the same thing. The band is backing the 'official' release of this product.

Either you can't accept you were misled, or screwed up the title, either way, it's on you.
Fuck you dont hide behind your computer calling me stupid, i was in no way way mislead by this Dvd and no i never screwed up the title, like i said i have had this dvd on order for 3-4 months it has had numerous release dates that were cancelled and now its released, the thread was to tell people about the quality of this product. If you or anyone misread the title or the thread thats your problem thats how half the bullshit rumours start round here people not reading things properly jumping to conclusions etc 
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 08:25:50 PM »

The quality is not that great in my opinion and it also has a big MP in a circle in the Left hand corner here are some pics of the DVD casing Click for bigger pictures

Tracklist

Nightrain
Mr Brownstone
Live and let Die
Attitude
Its So Easy
Wild Horses
Patience
Double Talking Jive
Civil War
Welcome To The Jungle
November Rain
You Could Be Mine
Band Intros
Godfather theme
Coma

Dude, that's not an official release. Just because it's in stores, doesn't mean it's officially licensed by Guns N' Roses.

Several have stated that the DVD is sourced from the bootleg, and plus that's not even the full show. The bootleg has the full show (Paradise City is cut), and is also pro-shot.

Get the bootleg...
For fucks sake dude do you think im stupid or something i know the Dvd is not official i never mentioned anywhere that is was official ,the idea of the topic was to inform people of the quality of the dvd which i have. I always knew is was unofficial even when i placed the order 3 months or so ago with hmv.com my hope was that a better source had been found not them using the stuff we had already downloaded.? ?

The title of your thread was Chicago 1992 Officially released. Officially released & officially licensed means the same thing. The band is backing the 'official' release of this product.

Either you can't accept you were misled, or screwed up the title, either way, it's on you.
No, it is not the same thing. By saying something has been officially released you are just saying that it has definately been released. It's like me saying something like, "tomorrow I will officially release my pictures". That's saying that the date and actual time of the release is definate (hence official). Now, if he had said that "The Official Chicago 9th April 1992 Rosemont Horizon DVD...." has been released, then it would've been a different story.? In this case, semantics makes a difference.

When I read the title of the thread, I knew instantly what he meant. You just misunderstood it (as shown by your 1st post). The dude obviously posted the thread to compare the DVD with the bootleg and show it to people who might've bought it if the video and sound quality had been better (sadly, it's the same). That was the purpose. So, don't point fingers at him.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 08:32:37 PM by IndiannaRose » Logged
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 08:32:38 PM »

so im guessing the dvd is an unnoficial dvd?

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 08:35:11 PM »

so im guessing the dvd is an unnoficial dvd?
Dude...

Yes.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 10:35:23 PM »

The thread title is misleading. The Rosemont DVD will be OFFICIALLY released in February. The one in this thread was UNOFFICIALLY released.
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 11:16:52 PM »

The one in February won't be an official release. Trust me Smiley

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2006, 11:18:09 PM »

The thread title is misleading. The Rosemont DVD will be OFFICIALLY released in February. The one in this thread was UNOFFICIALLY released.

No, that will be the same as this, same cut tracklisting.

Get off anythinggoes back, he is just trying to show you all something he got, not trying to mislead anyone. ?Sheesh!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 12:16:35 PM »

Tracklist

Nightrain
Mr Brownstone
Live and let Die
Attitude
Its So Easy
Wild Horses
Patience
Double Talking Jive
Civil War
Welcome To The Jungle
November Rain
You Could Be Mine
Band Intros
Godfather theme
Coma

Get the bootleg...

No, it is not the same thing. By saying something has been officially released you are just saying that it has definately been released. It's like me saying something like, "tomorrow I will officially release my pictures". That's saying that the date and actual time of the release is definate (hence official). Now, if he had said that "The Official Chicago 9th April 1992 Rosemont Horizon DVD...." has been released, then it would've been a different story.? In this case, semantics makes a difference.

Huh?

Dude, give it up. He fucked up the title of the thread.

It's no big deal. He's the one that lost his mind over someone even saying it. Jeezus...

Official doesn't mean officially, and... WTF?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
anythinggoes
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2006, 01:24:02 PM »

Huh?

Dude, give it up. He fucked up the title of the thread.

It's no big deal. He's the one that lost his mind over someone even saying it. Jeezus...

Official doesn't mean officially, and... WTF?

I suggest you go back to school and learn YOUR English again.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 01:25:57 PM by anythinggoes » Logged
mjf86
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 12:25:14 PM »

Sorry if this has already been posted but...

http://www.play.com/Music/MusicDVD/4-/3256082/Guns_N_Roses_Live_In_Chicago/Product.html

I think this is such a sh*t choice of concert to release, and I also think that Axl will probably stop it from being released anyway...

Why do they have to release a concert that has been floating around the GN'R network for such a long time in pro-shot, and the verison we all have is almost the full setlist, official is not...

I would love to see somethin from the 'Skin N' Bones' era... anyone got any ideas why they choose this to release?

lucho_elmillo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 01:57:55 PM »

http://inthejungle.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=12316

In my forum i post the notice yet, the question is: This is the official?
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 02:07:17 PM »

cuz its unofficial and they probably didn't even know "tokyo" was released.. in my eyes i think all the 92 concerts were the same

what rosemont dvd? what is rosemont?

badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2006, 09:16:18 AM »

Hi guys,

Apologies if I'm blind, but I couldn't find reference to this.

I've seen a DVD on play.com due for release on 5th Feb - I take it this is the old line up?

Anyone shed some light or point me in the right direction?

Reply or pm me,

Bob

Back In Power
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 09:21:32 AM »

yeah its the old line up from the '91 show i think

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
lastroots
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2006, 09:21:43 AM »

Old Lineup, from 1992, inofficial DVD pro shot.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2006, 09:22:57 AM »

yeah '82 my mistake

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......