Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:45:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  "do GnR management know kow the net works? deleted?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "do GnR management know kow the net works? deleted?  (Read 11947 times)
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« on: October 19, 2006, 11:35:32 AM »

hi,

was this thread eleted, i assume it was. if so why? it was actually not a bad threadand i think i good point on how GnR management is awaue / unaware of the variuos types of media/ publicity out there.

would it be possible to put deleted thread in to a different section (the thread could be locked still) and then people can see the posts that they missed before it was deleted? Smiley

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 11:42:39 AM »

um if it gets deleted then the mods have a good reason peace

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 11:51:08 AM »

for example?

and, "management" asked to remove it doesn't count Undecided

this a fan board, and they should be allowed to discuss whatever the hell they want within the law, and the rules.

i didn't read any rules about "no topics about the media awareness of guns n roses management"?

c'mon man, see sense!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:14:44 PM »

No, freedom of speech doesn't apply here.

This isn't a "Guns N' Roses Management" board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 12:22:18 PM »

Stop treating it like one, then.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »

Stop thinking you run this board and you can tell me what to do.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 01:08:01 PM »

Can we get a clear definition of what we ARE allowed to discuss?

Seems like the RS article is taboo (even though it's being circulated in print and on their website

And we're not allowed to discuss the new 2 CD set either?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 01:09:29 PM »

Can we get a clear definition of what we ARE allowed to discuss?

Seems like the RS article is taboo (even though it's being circulated in print and on their website

And we're not allowed to discuss the new 2 CD set either?

Basically... if you post something in the gnr section and it's still there half an hour later, you're good to go.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 01:10:25 PM »

You're funny. Just because we've decided not to discuss one article you think everything else is banned.

If you wanna discuss the unauthorized shitty bootleg documentary, go and do so in the AFC section.

You need to open your eyes and realize that a lot of the threas you think are deleted are in fact moved and/or merged with previous ones.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 01:15:59 PM »

Forgive me for not being psychic.

With all due respect, I think this is being handled disgracefully.  That's not a personal attack, just to be clear.  I'm not calling you a prick, I understand that it's a tight position. 

There are new threads popping up all the time about this and then just vanishing just as fast.    If you WANT people to think that you guys just pull threads at will, then this is the way to do it.

Why not put up a sticky or something to indicate what is happening?  If you choose not to allow discussion of the article then so be it, why not make it public?   Create a new sticky that indicates that although there is news currently circulating in a magazine's print and website editions, that you've been asked to now allow discussion on the subject and will be enforcing this until advised otherwise.

At least people would KNOW what the fuck is happening instead of the gong show that we have right now.

What leaks??
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 01:21:21 PM »

It's also possible to create "thread redirects" for those threads that are moved.   This is an option when the thread is moved, I've seen it done on this forum before, yet for some reason you guys are choosing not to do it.

All it would take is one thread about the box set CDs (which I agree, probably DO suck) to be redirected from the main forum and a quick scan by a potential poster would allow them to see that it's already being discussed, but the thread was moved.

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 01:31:25 PM »

We chose not to do it in certain cases because it would clutter up the GN'R section.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 01:35:58 PM »

ok.

Well your decision obviously.

Regardless, I appreciate having the forum here, even if I disagree with the way things are being handled. Smiley

What leaks??
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 01:52:13 PM »

Forgive me for not being psychic.

With all due respect, I think this is being handled disgracefully.? That's not a personal attack, just to be clear.? I'm not calling you a prick, I understand that it's a tight position.?

There are new threads popping up all the time about this and then just vanishing just as fast.? ? If you WANT people to think that you guys just pull threads at will, then this is the way to do it.

Why not put up a sticky or something to indicate what is happening?? If you choose not to allow discussion of the article then so be it, why not make it public?? ?Create a new sticky that indicates that although there is news currently circulating in a magazine's print and website editions, that you've been asked to now allow discussion on the subject and will be enforcing this until advised otherwise.

At least people would KNOW what the fuck is happening instead of the gong show that we have right now.

This is what im talking about. You come with the best sollution, an easy way to end all confussion, and Jarmo just ignores your post.

Nobody is telling you how to run the board, if management or whoever asked you not to discuss it and you choose not to thats your decision, no matter how stupid we find it. However, what we are asking is a little better communication on the matter. Nobody likes their threads and posts deleted for no reason. And people shouldnt have to go digging through threads to find out why. One stickied thread explaining why or even just saying you cant do it would be the best way to handle this.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 01:57:17 PM by mahimahi23 » Logged
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 02:26:53 PM »

Yes, I also wish EVERYTHING was fuckin' encrypted, because now I got a -1 karma for saying where you can talk about the whole thing without getting in trouble... Can you please explain to me and everyone else why we can't even mention it? 

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 02:53:55 PM »

Yes, I also wish EVERYTHING was fuckin' encrypted, because now I got a -1 karma for saying where you can talk about the whole thing without getting in trouble... Can you please explain to me and everyone else why we can't even mention it? 

maybe you got a -1 karma, because jarmo didn`t like you calling him a homo over at mygnr?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 02:56:20 PM »

Jarmo respects people. That is all anything is down to.

If you have a problem with that, then question your upbringing
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 02:59:39 PM »

Sometimes I question whether he respects people on this board though.

Im not trying to take a shot at him but the way he talks down to people and just deletes posts and threads without giving a reason makes me wonder sometimes.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 03:01:29 PM »

Funny, I should take tips about respect from people who call me every name they can think of on other boards.   hihi

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 03:03:54 PM »

Sometimes I question whether he respects people on this board though.

Im not trying to take a shot at him but the way he talks down to people and just deletes posts and threads without giving a reason makes me wonder sometimes.

It's because he respects people on this board that he is doing it

People never look further than there nose when it comes to giving opinions sometimes

This board has a big history. Why people cannot trust Jarmo with what he does I'll never know.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: