Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:12:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  TO: Those who are attacking Jarmo about the RS thing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TO: Those who are attacking Jarmo about the RS thing  (Read 17967 times)
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2006, 10:35:10 PM »

Some of us wasn't even here when it happened and I was wondering what was all this about.
I don't really understand why we can't discuss it ! Someone please explain it to me !

This is a serious magazine with a little news, nothing big I think so, so WTF ?
 Huh

//JK
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2006, 10:41:33 PM »

Im never complained about the article. I think its silly we cant discuss it, but so be it. My problem was the way it was handled at first. The thread and news got deleted, all threads and posts on it were deleted, and then when someone made a thread about it in the Admin section Jarmo wouldnt tell us jack shit as to why, nothing.

All we wanted was to know why, simply say "management asked us not to discuss it" would have been fine, but to do that and not tell anyone anything, and post vague posts in that thread is what got everyone pissed.

That was my only problem about it, cant speak for everyone.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2006, 10:46:22 PM »

Im never complained about the article. I think its silly we cant discuss it, but so be it. My problem was the way it was handled at first. The thread and news got deleted, all threads and posts on it were deleted, and then when someone made a thread about it in the Admin section Jarmo wouldnt tell us jack shit as to why, nothing.

All we wanted was to know why, simply say "management asked us not to discuss it" would have been fine, but to do that and not tell anyone anything, and post vague posts in that thread is what got everyone pissed.

That was my only problem about it, cant speak for everyone.

well said, my exact problem
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2006, 10:51:22 PM »

At the upcoming shows, we should all hold up signs that say

"Sorry", Axl!
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2006, 10:51:45 PM »

i'm a new member here, but i've been following threads for a long time now.  the people on this board are all really devoted fans, and you can't blame us for being a bit frustrated when stuff is kind of dangled in front of us, only to be taken away again.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2006, 10:53:54 PM »

Let's pretend Axl got arrested for having child pronaography on his hard drive. ?Would news of this be deleted if management asked that it isn't discussed?

I know...that's pretty extreme. ?I personally don't think that this is a freedom of speech issue. ?This is a private board owned and run by a private party. ?Technically, Jarmo's decision to follow management's request is him expressing his freedom of speech. ?However, it would have been nice (in my humble opinion) to get a bit more of an explanation. ?Something along the lines of "management asked me to remove all posts regarding this subject, but for a good reason that we'll all be happy about soon". ?The fact that there is NOT some cryptic message in Jarmo's note to us all leds me to believe that all is not good in the GNR caamp and that this is bad news.

Regardless, I've spent more time over on that shitty "other board" in the last 24 hours than I ever have before.

D

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2006, 10:56:08 PM »

Let's pretend Axl got arrested for having child pronaography on his hard drive. ?Would news of this be deleted if management asked that it isn't discussed?

I know...that's pretty extreme. ?I personally don't think that this is a freedom of speech issue. ?This is a private board owned and run by a private party. ?Technically, Jarmo's decision to follow management's request is him expressing his freedom of speech. ?However, it would have been nice (in my humble opinion) to get a bit more of an explanation. ?Something along the lines of "management asked me to remove all posts regarding this subject, but for a good reason that we'll all be happy about soon". ?The fact that there is NOT some cryptic message in Jarmo's note to us all leds me to believe that all is not good in the GNR caamp and that this is bad news.

Regardless, I've spent more time over on that shitty "other board" in the last 24 hours than I ever have before.

D

I'm not a member of that "shitty 'other board" as you put it, and i hope i won't have to be. I guess i have faith in the fact that all will be explained soon.
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2006, 10:56:19 PM »

Hmm I just thought of something. Hasn't Merck said a couple of times that when there is a big announcement to make or there is big news, EVERYONE will know about it at the same time? Maybe he's trying to keep us from seeing something because he doesn't want us to get a jump on it. Rather he wants the whole world to know at once, not just the hardcore fans. Just a thought.

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2006, 10:58:12 PM »

Hmm I just thought of something. Hasn't Merck said a couple of times that when there is a big announcement to make or there is big news, EVERYONE will know about it at the same time? Maybe he's trying to keep us from seeing something because he doesn't want us to get a jump on it. Rather he wants the whole world to know at once, not just the hardcore fans. Just a thought.

maybe a big massive world press release on the same day. Who knows, it could be tomorrow, or every other day between now and late December for that matter.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2006, 11:00:19 PM »

No one discuss the BIG PINK ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM...
NO DON'T TALK ABOUT THE ARTICLE...what article...who? huh?  what  hihi

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2006, 11:04:06 PM »

Again, if it weren't the front page of a site getting millions of hits a day that might make sense. It is not a leak though, as it has Merck quotes in it. There is no good explanation for why he tells Jarmo to shield his board members when RS gets however many million visitors daily.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2006, 11:07:49 PM »

Again, if it weren't the front page of a site getting millions of hits a day that might make sense. It is not a leak though, as it has Merck quotes in it. There is no good explanation for why he tells Jarmo to shield his board members when RS gets however many million visitors daily.

Maybe it's a suprise  hihi
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2006, 11:35:04 PM »

I think this is the first time I see HTGTH hiding news (a finger tryin to hide the sun)... not gossip... a serious magazine article.

Is GNR and HTGTH banning RS ?
this whole thing is very strange, but exciting !  hihi

//JK
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2006, 11:42:45 PM »

The problem isn't that they don't want us to talk about it, the problem is that they are trying to deny people the human right to free speech. If Merck doesn't want people to talk about his statements, then don't fucking make them. If he has a problem with an article being false or misleading, then approach the source instead of trying to stifle the public (the fans). I'll fucking challenge anyone who'd like to take a swing at my rights. I am an adult who can discuss whatever I very well feel like as long as it's not in a derogatory and/or threatening manner. I don't care if there's a "good reason" why the article shouldn't be discussed, it still does not give anyone the right to say I am not allowed to talk about something I read in a published article. And if HTGTH decides to comply with these ludicrous demands and impose such an insult onto its community, then count me out.

Chinese Democracy, indeed.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2006, 11:50:13 PM »

It is Jarmo's forum, and if he feels he needs to not display this stuff at this point in time, then it's his decision and right.
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2006, 11:53:43 PM »

this is the best site for anything guns n roses even better than the gunsnroses.com.  Were lucky to have it cheers!
Bono
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2006, 12:08:53 AM »

Great forum, professionally run, give and take situation with management, Jarmo is in a tough spot at times but the benifits seem to be worth it, at least for now.  This is all true but it's not Gn'R related. so consitency is key. A thread can't stay here simply because it's dedicated to cutting Jarmo slack. No offence Jarmo. It's just that too many relevant threads have been deleted for reasons unknown, yet obviously reasons none the less. This belongs in the Admin feedback section. peace
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2006, 12:16:39 AM »

Great forum, professionally run, give and take situation with management, Jarmo is in a tough spot at times but the benifits seem to be worth it, at least for now.? This is all true but it's not Gn'R related. so consitency is key. A thread can't stay here simply because it's dedicated to cutting Jarmo slack. No offence Jarmo. It's just that too many relevant threads have been deleted for reasons unknown, yet obviously reasons none the less. This belongs in the Admin feedback section. peace

This guy always tells it like it is... If I didnt know better, i'd say you're the real Bono!  rofl
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2006, 12:19:10 AM »

Perhaps there is something in the article that doesn't apply to HTGTH board members?   Huh

flickn
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2006, 12:20:53 AM »

The article reported supposedly album ( rumor )drop date, suppose merck didnt want it posted because of that ?

this board is very nice , buy why would a mangaer to Axl Rose tell jarmo to do something every five minutes ? Is this board payed for by Merck in some way , perhaps, but deleting a thread every five minutes , would only get people curisosity even higher.Like if mom told me not to smoke or drink beer so many times and I did just to volt against her.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: