Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:56:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  looks like ads are not allowed now either
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: looks like ads are not allowed now either  (Read 19032 times)
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 12:29:32 PM »

Anybody else getting a bit concerned?? First RS, now ?? Two credible sources just happen to post things "too early"?? Maybe they arent early, something is wrong and they dont want all this promotion and then album get delayed.

This is really getting strange, AND stupid. Why would they care they we hear a 30 second clip of a song we have already heard the leaked version of?? Think about it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 01:09:30 PM by Ignatius » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 12:30:29 PM »

I guess GNR needs jarmo to run and youtube.com as well.? hihi

I'm sure nobody is posting things too early. This is what GNR wants.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 01:03:20 PM by Ignatius » Logged
Bono
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 12:31:13 PM »

That's really fucking lame. What forum can we go to and read about this thing. A new song shows up in an add(that's what the title of the thread suggets but I can't read it) And it's treated like a damn plague. ARE WE EVEN GONNA BE ALLOWED TO DISCUSS THE ALBUM WHEN IT COMES OUT!!?? Either management are just being complete idiots and have a lot of nerve to ask Jarmo to remove these things or they are trying to avoid a huge shit storm because the album isn't coming out and they don't want any promo whatsoever.  There's no communication with the fans at this point and it's a huge fucking slap in the face to the people who have supported this band for so long. Anyone who says otherwise is a damn minion of the band and has no ability to see things with perspective.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 12:35:16 PM by Bono » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2006, 12:35:19 PM »

ARE WE EVEN GONNA BE ALLOWED TO DISCUSS THE ALBUM WHEN IT COMES OUT!!??

Probably not if it leaks too early.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »

Fuck it people Enjoy the ride this is the exciting part
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2006, 12:39:06 PM »

/jarmo

I understand completely your position Jarmo, but you know that situation sucks.  no

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 12:44:43 PM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Bono
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2006, 12:40:17 PM »

/jarmo

This is pretty much bullshit Jarmo. managemnet seems to be taking huge advantage of you at the moment. It's damnaging the credibility of this site as a front runner for legit Gn'R news. Who gives a damn if the add leaked "too early" or the album leaks. It's breaking Gn'R news one way or the other. It's happend , it's done and ?It's asinine for managemnt to ask that we not discuss leaks or lyrics to new songs or adds that ran "too early" or anything else like that. Not posting links is acceptable but saying what we can and can't discuss is way over the line and pretty insulting to the fans. ?Are the benifits recievd from being tight with management even worth this crap? I don't know what all the perks are but I know the presales aren't worth this.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2006, 12:41:10 PM »

I would not want to be in your position right now, Jarmo. Hopefully Merck will make it up for you down the line..

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2006, 12:41:42 PM »

But I don't see that the commercial "leaked", isn't it posted on website!! ?

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 01:03:45 PM by Ignatius » Logged
anythinggoes
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2006, 12:42:45 PM »

I would not want to be in your position right now, Jarmo. Hopefully Merck will make it up for you down the line..

Eh did you not know Jarmo is Merck isnt it obvious  rofl rofl
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2006, 12:42:58 PM »

Ok, Jarmo... ?Cough up the copy of Chinese Democracy... ? Grin

anythinggoes
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2006, 12:44:09 PM »

But I don't see that the commercial "leaked", isn't it posted on HD's website!! ?

They put it out too early is what Jarmo is saying

I think Huh
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2006, 12:44:23 PM »

He shouldn't have too, because he should have never asked for it not be discussed. Like Bono said, not posting links is one thing, not allowing discussion is a whole different ball game. If it comes too early we wont be able to discuss the album? Wow. That fucking sucks. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2006, 12:44:29 PM »

will not take this add down, I promise you that. And I dont believe it leaked "early", I think something else is going on. What, I dont really know, but something is up. I dont see why they would care about a 30 second commercial clip that we have already heard the leaked song of. Had this been a "new" unheard GNR song, then maybe I could understand, but anyone thats a GNR fan has most likely heard Better, so I dont see the problem.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 01:04:04 PM by Ignatius » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2006, 12:45:22 PM »

With all the recent events and the tour starting in a few days, it's kinda obvious something's going on.

That's good news.

Just be patient and I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about when the time is right.

Who gives a damn if the add leaked "too early" or the album leaks.

I do, since I believe the artist has the right to decide when the listeners can listen to their material.

If the band plays new songs live in concert, we can talk about them. If the whole album leaks, we'll make sure not to talk about them until they're legally available for purchase. That's my personal opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2006, 12:47:34 PM »

HD will not take this add down, I promise you that. And I dont believe it leaked "early", I think something else is going on. What, I dont really know, but something is up. I dont see why they would care about a 30 second commercial clip that we have already heard the leaked song of. Had this been a "new" unheard GNR song, then maybe I could understand, but anyone thats a GNR fan has most likely heard Better, so I dont see the problem.

It's definately a better mix of the song (obviously the final) and there's certainly a little different guitar work in that final verse.

Maybe we're not meant to hear that stuff yet.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2006, 12:51:11 PM »

Maybe we're not meant to hear that stuff yet.

Anyway, Jarmo just curious do you know if GnR is trying to get HD to pull the ad for a few days, or is it up there to stay..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 12:53:34 PM by Ignatius » Logged
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2006, 12:51:37 PM »

With all the recent events and the tour starting in a few days, it's kinda obvious something's going on.

That's good news.

Just be patient and I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about when the time is right.

Who gives a damn if the add leaked "too early" or the album leaks.

I do, since I believe the artist has the right to decide when the listeners can listen to their material.

If the band plays new songs live in concert, we can talk about them. If the whole album leaks, we'll make sure not to talk about them until they're legally available for purchase. That's my personal opinion.

/jarmo

what changed your mind since the demos leaked?? I dont see how its any different than that. Discussions about leaked material has been going on for years, and now all of sudden you cant do it. It just sux is all. Im not trying to take a shot, just trying to vent the frustraion of it, you can see that right? why we would be flustered? I may have been posting here for years, but i have visted here for many years and i like your site. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and wait it out a little long and now try to hold back my flustration towards you, but as of right now the management of that band can kiss my ass. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2006, 12:57:09 PM »

Well, personally i think the leaks happened when there was nothing going on and the songs weren't finished album tracks.

Now if the album, or parts of it leak, it's a different situation.

It would mean something meant to be sold had leaked. That's different.

That's why I think talking about live tracks is fine.

/jarmo

charlie31
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2006, 12:58:54 PM »

Maybe management thinks HTGTH is the only GNR forum in the world? I check that you can found links to Commercial in chinesedemocarcy.com, newgnr.com, talkingmetal.com, blabbermouth, ant these are the only four i've visited. What happens with HTGTH? It was the best GNR forum 'til Rolling Stone affair, but, now....... hmmmmmmmm, well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 12:59:29 PM by Ignatius » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: