Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:10:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Sen. Barack Obama
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sen. Barack Obama  (Read 28351 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« on: October 22, 2006, 04:54:46 PM »

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/sen-obama-will-consider-2008-white-house/20061022103909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

What do you guys think about this guy Obama?

Personally I would like to see him run. He seems level headed and not extreamly to the left, or to the right. I love politicians who can keep things in perspective...

As of right now I don't know too much about him though. Care to fill me in?

Sounds like this thread may be a bit too political.. but try and control any urge to ruin it.

It's just really a "I like him because..." or "I dont like him because..."

gnrevolution.com
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 09:50:19 AM »

I like him a lot.  Hes very intelligent and moderate.  However I don't think he has enough experience to run in 2008.  To me he is like a top draft pick in pro sports...you can throw him to the wolves now or let him get some minor league experience that is crucial to his long term development.  Hes a young guy, no rush for 2008 (unless the Dems have NOBODY else - their ranks are kinda thin  Undecided )

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 10:26:15 AM »

I agree, I don't think he has enough experience for 2008. Would be a good candidate for 2012 possibly. IMHO it's going to be McCain vs. Gore. Hilary will run, but not win the democratic primary, have a good showing though, being that she's the first female to run.

Like -Jack- said, not try to make to overly political with who's better/worse, good/bad etc..
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 11:00:43 AM »

I agree, I don't think he has enough experience for 2008. Would be a good candidate for 2012 possibly. IMHO it's going to be McCain vs. Gore. Hilary will run, but not win the democratic primary, have a good showing though, being that she's the first female to run.

Like -Jack- said, not try to make to overly political with who's better/worse, good/bad etc..

I don't know, I think Rudy might give McCain a run for his money - even though hes an italian NY'er with a not so stellar "family values" record, his 9-11 heroics are remembered by everyone in the country and he is extremely well respected.  He also has a proven track record in turning NYC around.

I think Gore is the best chance the dems have in 08, but I wonder if he'll even run.  should be very intresting.  Personally I think a Gore/Hillary or Gore/Obama ticket would be pretty exciting.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:24:13 AM »

I don't know, I think Rudy might give McCain a run for his money - even though hes an italian NY'er with a not so stellar "family values" record, his 9-11 heroics are remembered by everyone in the country and he is extremely well respected.? He also has a proven track record in turning NYC around.

I think Gore is the best chance the dems have in 08, but I wonder if he'll even run.? should be very intresting.? Personally I think a Gore/Hillary or Gore/Obama ticket would be pretty exciting.

No idea who the Dems will put out; can't see Obama having political popularity on a national level.  Great speaker, though.  Kerry has all but acknowledged that he's seeking the nomination again.

The Republican candidate in 2008 will be Newt Gingrich.  You heard it here first.  Rudy is Catholic, so he's got no shot.  And the neo-con base that now controls the GOP hates McCain. 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 12:01:51 PM »

I don't know, I think Rudy might give McCain a run for his money - even though hes an italian NY'er with a not so stellar "family values" record, his 9-11 heroics are remembered by everyone in the country and he is extremely well respected.  He also has a proven track record in turning NYC around.

I think Gore is the best chance the dems have in 08, but I wonder if he'll even run.  should be very intresting.  Personally I think a Gore/Hillary or Gore/Obama ticket would be pretty exciting.

No idea who the Dems will put out; can't see Obama having political popularity on a national level.  Great speaker, though.  Kerry has all but acknowledged that he's seeking the nomination again.

The Republican candidate in 2008 will be Newt Gingrich.  You heard it here first.  Rudy is Catholic, so he's got no shot.  And the neo-con base that now controls the GOP hates McCain. 

I actually read that over the weekend, so it wasn't here first Wink hehe.  for real though, i have read/heard that a lot lately.  The current admin loves him.  Rudy is def a long shot with his background, but he is so well known nationally.  as for the neo-con base, i think they're about to become extinct, people aren't buying into it anymore and McCain has pandered to the far right recently (much to the chagrin of his base and independent voters).

i feel bad for kerry, hes got NO shot.  i actually like him more after his 04 defeat then i did during it, hes finally grown some balls, but too little too late.

i think its going to be gore or hillary

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 12:12:22 PM »

I actually read that over the weekend, so it wasn't here first Wink hehe.? for real though, i have read/heard that a lot lately.? The current admin loves him.? Rudy is def a long shot with his background, but he is so well known nationally.? as for the neo-con base, i think they're about to become extinct, people aren't buying into it anymore and McCain has pandered to the far right recently (much to the chagrin of his base and independent voters).

i feel bad for kerry, hes got NO shot.? i actually like him more after his 04 defeat then i did during it, hes finally grown some balls, but too little too late.

i think its going to be gore or hillary

What about this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDwODbl3muE
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 12:31:34 PM »

Chappelle did a funny skit about that (Was is his lost "3rd season") He did a "What If" sketch about what if that became a polular catchphrase. "Byahhhhhh". They were saying it on Sportscenter, at work, in dept stores etc.. Was funny, a little dated now though.

There's actually 2 feeds of that speech, one with the crowd reaction, one with the crowd volume drastically lowered. If you listen to it with the crowd cheering, it's not as funny or stupid, but the media grabbed hold of the other version and took it and ran with it, making a mockery of him.. The rest is as the say 'history'.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:34:05 PM by pasnow » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 12:36:06 PM »

i think he'd make a great candidate and would probably win. so naturally he'll lose in the primaries. ?hihi

his stock is high right now and i believe you have to strike while the iron is hot. alot could happen in six years so why wait.

although it's an uphill battle. he has zero executive experience - he's never been in a role as the decision maker. and i think there's only been one or two people that have been able to make that kind of jump to president.

hillary is the next prez. i've been predicting it for two years now. ?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 01:21:18 PM »

He's a great speaker, which is important, but his address is the only reason why he's so well known now. He has to do more stuff before even thinking of running for president. He would have a better chance than Hillary, though. Wink

So far, it looks like the Repubilcans will handily win 2008's presidential election, even if the lesser races aren't looking so good now.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »

I like Obama and I would probably vote for him over Hillary or any other Dem.  Most importantly, Oprah has endorsed him and always sings his praises.  That may be enough for him to win.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 01:34:56 PM »

i'd love to see Rudi run for prez. the Republicans would be smart to choose him, since he's the only one that would have a shot at NY, which if he won would turn it into a landslide victory.

Hillary has the $$, the smarts, the skill, and the Bill.

Poll: 'Rodham' affects Hillary's chances

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21 (UPI) -- If the presidential election were held today, U.S. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has an edge over Sen. John McCain; Hillary Clinton does not, a poll showed.

If Clinton's opponent were former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, the results would be nearly opposite, a poll of possible 2008 presidential candidates conducted for CNN said Friday.

When asked if they preferred Hillary Rodham Clinton to McCain, respondents said they favored the New York senator 51 percent to 44 percent over Republican McCain, CNN said. Drop the "Rodham," Clinton's and advantage dropped to 48 percent to 47 percent over the Arizona senator.

Deleting "Rodham" in a potential match-up with Giuliani showed respondents favoring the former first lady 50 percent to 46 percent, CNN said. Including her maiden name narrowed the lead, 48 percent to 47 percent.

The margin of error was plus or minus 4.5 percent.

The results, while interesting, are basically insignificant for two reasons, CNN said. First, the election is two years away and no poll can accurately predict an outcome so far in advance. Second, Clinton always was listed on the ballot using her maiden name and she shows no indication of changing that.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061021-063232-4793r

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 01:54:24 PM »

i'd love to see Rudi run for prez. the Republicans would be smart to choose him, since he's the only one that would have a shot at NY, which if he won would turn it into a landslide victory.

Hillary has the $$, the smarts, the skill, and the Bill.

Poll: 'Rodham' affects Hillary's chances

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21 (UPI) -- If the presidential election were held today, U.S. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has an edge over Sen. John McCain; Hillary Clinton does not, a poll showed.

If Clinton's opponent were former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, the results would be nearly opposite, a poll of possible 2008 presidential candidates conducted for CNN said Friday.

When asked if they preferred Hillary Rodham Clinton to McCain, respondents said they favored the New York senator 51 percent to 44 percent over Republican McCain, CNN said. Drop the "Rodham," Clinton's and advantage dropped to 48 percent to 47 percent over the Arizona senator.

Deleting "Rodham" in a potential match-up with Giuliani showed respondents favoring the former first lady 50 percent to 46 percent, CNN said. Including her maiden name narrowed the lead, 48 percent to 47 percent.

The margin of error was plus or minus 4.5 percent.

The results, while interesting, are basically insignificant for two reasons, CNN said. First, the election is two years away and no poll can accurately predict an outcome so far in advance. Second, Clinton always was listed on the ballot using her maiden name and she shows no indication of changing that.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061021-063232-4793r

Really interesting polls.  thanks for posting that.  rudi vs. hillary for NY state in 2008 would be a legendary battle.  really tough to say who would win.  as hillary is loved/hated in the nation, rudy is has A LOT of haters in NYC too. but i think most people (myself included) think hes the man.  he'd take NYC, but not sure how the rest of the state feels about him.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 01:55:40 PM »

So far, it looks like the Repubilcans will handily win 2008's presidential election...

Where have you heard this?  Just curious.  Most of the polls/news has been focused on the mid-terms which seem to be overwhelmingly in favor of the dems.  i haven't heard much about 08.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 01:59:24 PM »

Barack Obama =A +.

I hope everybody is ready to vote this November. I am voting early.
Surfrider
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 03:48:26 PM »

I don't know a whole lot about him.  I don't think he was ever really challenged in his Senate race.  He was way behind, but then surged once he issues of his opponent came out.  I am surrpised you like him SLC?  He seems to be far to the right of you.

I think it would be a major mistake for him to run on a ticket with Gore or Kerry.  I don't think he will need the VP position to have a shot at President.  In fact, losing an election as a VP candidate for one of those two may sink his ship.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 03:58:02 PM »

I am surrpised you like him SLC?  He seems to be far to the right of you.

The common misconception is that I am "far left". Those who wish to attack me, label me as so. Those who actually read what I say, and have said for years, would see otherwise.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 04:46:41 PM »

I am surrpised you like him SLC?  He seems to be far to the right of you.

The common misconception is that I am "far left". Those who wish to attack me, label me as so. Those who actually read what I say, and have said for years, would see otherwise.

So I take it "a little left of Chomsky" is sarcasm then?  Grin

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 06:16:02 PM »

Didn't that fat ass Ted Kennedy at a National Press Club question and answer session receive a question about Obama and actually called him "Osama Obama" or "Obama bin Laden"? rofl rofl rofl

Can't remember forsure but it had something close in relation to do with Osama Bin Laden. hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Surfrider
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 08:01:52 PM »

Didn't that fat ass Ted Kennedy at a National Press Club question and answer session receive a question about Obama and actually called him "Osama Obama" or "Obama bin Laden"? rofl rofl rofl

Can't remember forsure but it had something close in relation to do with Osama Bin Laden. hihi
That is true.  That is a hilarious quote.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: