Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Sen. Barack Obama
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sen. Barack Obama  (Read 28018 times)
Surfrider
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 08:15:23 PM »

I am surrpised you like him SLC?? He seems to be far to the right of you.

The common misconception is that I am "far left". Those who wish to attack me, label me as so. Those who actually read what I say, and have said for years, would see otherwise.
I can only make a judgment from what I read, and yes I have read plenty of your posts.  It will be interesting to see what you write once Bush is out of office because your hatred for Bush is so strong that you tend to turn every political thread into an anti-Bush thread.  But it is more than just Bush. 

Certainly, your comments on religion and your support the goons that support the "truth" behind September 11 do not help either.  Nor does your assertion that Al Jazeera is one of the most credible sources for news.  There are lots of issues that can say I would characterize your posts as strongly left.  Instead of listing everything, what are you not strongly left on?  I don't remember you ever stating one position in any thread that can be considered anything other than left.  Oh wait, I will give you credit for one.  Your position on eminent domain, at least as I read it to be in the Kelo thread, is a relatively conservative position.

I am curious though, what issues would you say are towards the middle of the road or even right of center on?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 10:26:23 PM »

I too would be interested in this.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 10:28:19 PM »

And this thread is starting the downhill ride...

gnrevolution.com
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 10:38:19 PM »

Seriously, Berkeley, Randall...you guys are amazing.  Not even a page strong and you're calling out SLC and taking little jabs here and there about Dems.  What a joke.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 02:19:06 AM »

So I take it "a little left of Chomsky" is sarcasm then?  Grin

Anybody who knows me, knows I'm sarcastic.

Ask Kujo.........when I filed restraining orders on him, he thought it was hilarious.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 02:27:28 AM »

I can only make a judgment from what I read, and yes I have read plenty of your posts.  It will be interesting to see what you write once Bush is out of office because your hatred for Bush is so strong that you tend to turn every political thread into an anti-Bush thread. 

See, this is my point.

Instead of actually considering what I write about his failed policies (and they have failed), you insist that I simply "hate Bush."

I have criticized Clinton for his bombing campaigns which essentially amounted to mass scale genocide in Sudan. For that I was simply told that I hated my country. Once I attack Bush and his fake war on terror, then I am told I hate Bush.

Pretty easy way not to deal with facts.

Seriously, Berkeley, Randall...you guys are amazing.  Not even a page strong and you're calling out SLC and taking little jabs here and there about Dems.  What a joke.

Indeed.

I would answer, but already have 1000 times. Yet I still get the same false claims about my "views" the next day. So why bother? Want info? Actually read what I have written for a change.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:34:21 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 11:34:32 AM »

Seriously, Berkeley, Randall...you guys are amazing.? Not even a page strong and you're calling out SLC and taking little jabs here and there about Dems.? What a joke.
Actually, there simply isn't much about Obama to talk about.? None of you guys care to discuss the things that I brought up.  SLC said that he doesn't consider himself far-left.? I am curious to find out what issues.? I hardly call that a jab.? If you do, then you need to grow some thicker skin.? I certainly wouldn't be offended by the question.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:39:12 AM by BerkeleyRiot » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 11:38:16 AM »

I can only make a judgment from what I read, and yes I have read plenty of your posts.? It will be interesting to see what you write once Bush is out of office because your hatred for Bush is so strong that you tend to turn every political thread into an anti-Bush thread.?

See, this is my point.

Instead of actually considering what I write about his failed policies (and they have failed), you insist that I simply "hate Bush."
I do consider what you write.  However, considering I have never seen you write one positive thing about the guy and you blame him for many things that are beyond his control, I would hardly say that you are fair in your criticism.

I have criticized Clinton for his bombing campaigns which essentially amounted to mass scale genocide in Sudan. For that I was simply told that I hated my country. Once I attack Bush and his fake war on terror, then I am told I hate Bush.
I don't remember those posts.  Nonetheless, while that may show you are fair-minded, it doesn't show that you aren't left-wing.

Seriously, Berkeley, Randall...you guys are amazing.? Not even a page strong and you're calling out SLC and taking little jabs here and there about Dems.? What a joke.

Indeed.

I would answer, but already have 1000 times. Yet I still get the same false claims about my "views" the next day. So why bother? Want info? Actually read what I have written for a change.

As you would certainly say, nice cop-out.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 01:39:36 PM »

See, it always comes back to me, no matter what.

You guys all have a crush on me don't you?

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 02:04:37 PM »

See, it always comes back to me, no matter what.

It has nothing to do with a crush.  You've posted some of the most extreme left wing rhetoric in existance, yet made a claim that you are a moderate.  When asked what issues you fall center or right of center to balance out your expressed leftist views, you reply with "already posted it."  Remember when you asked a conservative member to acknowledge those three points on Foley and the GOP?  I obliged, so now I'm asking you.  Please cite 3 issues for which you are right of center on to balance your leftist views.  I'll go ahead and post one, since Berley mentioned it and I too recall the thread (I think you tried to blame conservatives for stealing people's homes.)  If you're going to argue that defining center and moderate is impossible, don't even bother replying.  You know full well what is considered to be a moderate in contemporary America.

1.) Eminent Domain
2.)
3.)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 02:07:30 PM »

You wouldn't have a problem with that would you SLC?  Afterall, homosexuality is a natural thing and you would never use it to demonize or discredit someone  would you?  That would kind of make you a hypocrite.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 02:10:01 PM »

You wouldn't have a problem with that would you SLC?  Afterall, homosexuality is a natural thing and you would never use it to demonize or discredit someone  would you?  That would kind of make you a hypocrite.

Of course not.

But if you are going to bother me this much, at least take me out to lunch or something................ Kiss
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »

You wouldn't have a problem with that would you SLC?? Afterall, homosexuality is a natural thing and you would never use it to demonize or discredit someone? would you?? That would kind of make you a hypocrite.

Of course not.

But if you are going to bother me this much, at least take me out to lunch or something................ Kiss

I asked to meet up in New York, but you blew me off.  Don't say things you don't mean. love
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 02:14:31 PM »

Actually, there simply isn't much about Obama to talk about. 

Um, then why post in the thread?

If you want to know what SLC thinks about those issues you brought up, PM him, or start a new thread.  Maybe YOU don't have much to talk about when it comes to Obama, but others might....

SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 02:37:05 PM »

I asked to meet up in New York, but you blew me off.  Don't say things you don't mean. love

You couldn't afford me...............
sandman
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »

Actually, there simply isn't much about Obama to talk about.?

If you want to know what SLC thinks about those issues you brought up, PM him, or start a new thread.? Maybe YOU don't have much to talk about when it comes to Obama, but others might....

stop being so sensitive. read the posts. no one took any jabs or even called SLC "far left". he accused people of saying that.

berkeleys' post was totally on topic. but i'll make it clearer....

SLCPUNK - you rate Obama A+. why? what do you like about him? are there specific ideas or policies that he supports that you agree with?

i think it's clear that most of us on here do not know much about him. yet some are big fans of this guy. i'd love to hear why.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 02:52:58 PM »

Actually, there simply isn't much about Obama to talk about. 

If you want to know what SLC thinks about those issues you brought up, PM him, or start a new thread.  Maybe YOU don't have much to talk about when it comes to Obama, but others might....

stop being so sensitive. read the posts. no one took any jabs or even called SLC "far left". he accused people of saying that.

SLCPUNK - you rate Obama A+. why? what do you like about him? are there specific ideas or policies that he supports that you agree with?

i think it's clear that most of us on here do not know much about him. yet some are big fans of this guy. i'd love to hear why.

it has nothing to do with being sensitive dude...its not like i'm crying over here over a post on a GNR board hahah.  its just funny how the same names keep popping up turning threads political or changing the topic - its like you're trying to catch SLC in a big lie or something ridiculous.  he says he likes obama and the same 3-4 guys start questioning him on it  Roll Eyes  but hes a big boy, I think he can defend himself.   I think i'll just sit back and watch this one as i'm sure someone will be called a fucking something and then a stooge and then it'll get locked  ok  keep up the good work brah

Surfrider
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »

Roll Eyes

Sorry to offend you guys.  Just trying to start a discussion.  I will say that it is kind of funny to hear you guys talk about staying on topic when every thread gets turned into an anti-bush/Iraq war thread.  If you want to cut the discussion, so be it.  You guys seem absolutely disinterested in anything anyone other than those leaning left are saying about Obama.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 10:52:36 AM »

Actually, there simply isn't much about Obama to talk about.?

If you want to know what SLC thinks about those issues you brought up, PM him, or start a new thread.? Maybe YOU don't have much to talk about when it comes to Obama, but others might....

it has nothing to do with being sensitive dude...its not like i'm crying over here over a post on a GNR board hahah.? its just funny how the same names keep popping up turning threads political or changing the topic - its like you're trying to catch SLC in a big lie or something ridiculous.? he says he likes obama and the same 3-4 guys start questioning him on it? Roll Eyes? but hes a big boy, I think he can defend himself.? ?I think i'll just sit back and watch this one as i'm sure someone will be called a fucking something and then a stooge and then it'll get locked? ok? keep up the good work brah

check every political on these boards and look to see who started with the insults. i think you'll be surprised.  hihi

not that i want to start a pointless argument now, since it seems the mods are allowing some political discussions again, and people are handling them fairly well. and with the elections coming up, it's an interesting time.

but PUNK rated the person this thread is named after an A+. and he was asked why (he still hasn't answered). that is totally on topic.

personally, i like the Terrorism Insurance Bill be sponsored.

also liked the Immigration Bill that he worked on. i believe he worked closely with McCain, and Bush signed in it May.

but i don't know much about him besides that. anyone know where he stands on iraq? afghanistan?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 10:58:36 AM »

I just heard about Barack Obama a week ago, and for a minute there I thought it was awesome we had a senator named Black Mamba in our government.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: