Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:29:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  How low can Limbaugh go?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How low can Limbaugh go?  (Read 36689 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2006, 10:58:14 PM »

Bush believes God speaks to him. This is not in a literal sense. Many Christians claim the same thing. They feel a spiritual drive and recognize it as "God speaking to them" through events or whatever. It's not like Bush sits in his Oval Office and says, "Yo, God, homeboy, what's up, G?"

I hear what you're saying, I don't think Wubya has a Jesus phone in the oval office.  But if he feels he is being "called upon" by God to start a war....that scares me.  Especially when we're supposed to have seperation of church and state.  I see nothing wrong with seeking guidance from God, but if you're getting premonitions/callings and then acting on them regardless of other things going on in the secular world, thats just a little unsettling to me.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2006, 11:01:51 PM »

Rush should stick to the Republican M.O. that worked for them in '04.  Fear.  Fear of war and fear of gays.  Talk about a great motivator.  It's win-win for the Republicans.

I always found it ironic that the right wing used fear the way they do. Seems that lately they are terrorizing the American public more than anybody else. Their political ads constantly show Osama Bin Laden and nuclear bombs detonating. They are using Osama's tapes exactly what they were intended for: to scare people. Fighting terror, with terror?Huh?.brilliant.

You lefties throw that "fear" word around like it's a bad thing.  In my opinion, it's a healthy fear of a real threat.  Because the left is (and has always been) weak on national security, they wish everyone would forget about terrorism altogether.  Instead of whining about the right, how 'bout you guys on the left grow some balls and actually come up with someone who is actually serious about fighting terror.  Who knows?  You might actaully win an election.... hihi

I love this POV....yeah, us "lefties" and the democratic party just wants to see our country get blown up.  Guys like Max Cleland are "soft on war" haha. what a joke.  Explain to me what Iraq has to do with the war on terror or national security?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2006, 11:14:49 PM »

Mainline:  "Instead of whining about the right, how 'bout you guys on the left grow some balls and actually come up with someone who is actually serious about fighting terror."

for a second there, I thought we could have a civil discussion without personal attacks.  mainline, an apology is in order.

a quote from SLCpunk:  "Their political ads constantly show Osama Bin Laden and nuclear bombs detonating. They are using Osama's tapes exactly what they were intended for: to scare people. Fighting terror, with terror?Huh?.brilliant."
...Bush may not be book-smart, but the guy knows politics.  He's street-smart.  2 presidential elections "won," and I do believe he and Karl Rove know which buttons to push to get the American people voting for his side.  Unfortunately, I do believe the Republicans will retain control of congress.

The stem cell issue is a slam dunk for the Dems...but fear of gays and fear of terrorism trumps fear of disease.  Please cue Madagascar, "What we've got here is.....fear!"  Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mainline
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2006, 11:16:13 PM »

I love this POV....

So do I, that's why I have it....

yeah, us "lefties" and the democratic party just wants to see our country get blown up.? Guys like Max Cleland are "soft on war" haha. what a joke.? Explain to me what Iraq has to do with the war on terror or national security?

Who said you lefties "want to see our country blown up?" ?I don't believe that. ?Well, except for the real nutcases out there. ?I do believe most on the left are weak on national security, the issue being terrorism or whatever. ?Until the left quits saying the right is just using fear, and somehow demonstrates they can defend this country, nobody will take them serious on that issue.

As for the war on terror/national security and Iraq, I'll just cut n' paste.....http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=17519.80

In my opinion, groups like Al-Qaeda are simply a symptom of a larger disease - destitute, disfunctional, dictator-run societies that fuel armies built on the perversion of a religion. ?Both Afghanistan and Iraq were and are a part of that disease. ?Many say they supported going into Afghanistan but were against going into Iraq. Hypothetically speaking, we could have gone just into Afghanistan alone, kill a lot of Al-Qaeda members (maybe even getting Bin Laden himself), drive the Taliban from the region, and help set up a local government friendly to the West. ?But the underlying problem described above would have remained. ?It could be said that, as long as they stay within their own borders, a country's problems are none of our business. ?After 9/11, it became our business. ?And not just Al-Qaeda or Bin Laden or Saddam Hussein, but the whole cancer that we know as the Middle East. ?I see Iraq as a test-run. ?A chance for at least one nation in that region to move beyond the dark whole it and so many of its neighbors are in. ?Will it all end with the desired results? ?I don't know. ?It is ultimately up to the Iraqis whether their nation succeeds in democracy or falls into civil war. ?Ironically, people in such countries as Iran, Syria, or North Korea should want the U.S. to succeed in Iraq. ?If our efforts prove in vain, we'll know that instead of trying to build up an enemy nation, the answer may just be to simply destroy it.
mainline
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2006, 11:28:30 PM »

Mainline:? "Instead of whining about the right, how 'bout you guys on the left grow some balls and actually come up with someone who is actually serious about fighting terror."

for a second there, I thought we could have a civil discussion without personal attacks.? mainline, an apology is in order.

a quote from SLCpunk:? "Their political ads constantly show Osama Bin Laden and nuclear bombs detonating. They are using Osama's tapes exactly what they were intended for: to scare people. Fighting terror, with terror?Huh?.brilliant."
...Bush may not be book-smart, but the guy knows politics.? He's street-smart.? 2 presidential elections "won," and I do believe he and Karl Rove know which buttons to push to get the American people voting for his side.? Unfortunately, I do believe the Republicans will retain control of congress.

The stem cell issue is a slam dunk for the Dems...but fear of gays and fear of terrorism trumps fear of disease.? Please cue Madagascar, "What we've got here is.....fear!"? Sad

Bush?? Rove?? The typical arrogance and condescending attitude of the left has cost them elections.? You and your pal SLCPUNK are classic examples.? You think everyone who disagrees with you and voted for Bush is some hillbilly yahoo to dumb to know what's what.? Everyone else is clueless while you on the left know what's really going on.? Keep up that kind of thinking and you'll continue to lose.

I'll say it again, fear (or a realistic awareness) of the terrorism threat is a good thing.? Admitting there's an enemy out there isn't enough.? You actually have to be willing to do something about it.? The left hasn't proved it is willing.? And they're probably not.? So they'll keep on keeping on with the "fear" accusations....

As for gay marriage, gay people trying to get married made it an "issue."? Not George Bush or Kal Rove.  Just wanted to clear that up.....
mainline
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2006, 11:32:24 PM »

I hear what you're saying, I don't think Wubya has a Jesus phone in the oval office.? But if he feels he is being "called upon" by God to start a war....that scares me.? Especially when we're supposed to have seperation of church and state.? I see nothing wrong with seeking guidance from God, but if you're getting premonitions/callings and then acting on them regardless of other things going on in the secular world, thats just a little unsettling to me.

"If he feels that way?"  'If' being the key word there.  So, you really don't know, do ya?  But you've come up with an image of Bush that is comfortable to you.  It's how you want to see him.  And it scares you?  I thought we weren't supposed to let ourselves be ruled by fear.....
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2006, 11:44:16 PM »

Bush believes God speaks to him. This is not in a literal sense. Many Christians claim the same thing. They feel a spiritual drive and recognize it as "God speaking to them" through events or whatever. It's not like Bush sits in his Oval Office and says, "Yo, God, homeboy, what's up, G?"

I hear what you're saying, I don't think Wubya has a Jesus phone in the oval office.  But if he feels he is being "called upon" by God to start a war....that scares me.  Especially when we're supposed to have seperation of church and state.  I see nothing wrong with seeking guidance from God, but if you're getting premonitions/callings and then acting on them regardless of other things going on in the secular world, thats just a little unsettling to me.

I agree. Washington and Lincoln also contributed their reasoning to God's influence and prayed for guidance, but they were very intelligent men and brilliant politicians. George W. Bush is neither.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2006, 11:47:30 PM »

"Mainline: ?"Instead of whining about the right, how 'bout you guys on the left grow some balls and actually come up with someone who is actually serious about fighting terror."

for a second there, I thought we could have a civil discussion without personal attacks. ?mainline, an apology is in order."

Mainline, you've posted twice since the request for an apology was made. ?People can disagree in a civil manner. ?This should be an enlightening dialogue, not a place to shout out one's own diatribes. ?You also said SLCpunk and myself are pals. ?SLC, do I know you? ?Do you know me? ?If I'm not mistaken, I posted my extreme opposition to a political cartoon SLCpunk posted a while back that had the WTC towers being bombed, and compared it side by side with bombs landing on civilian apartment buildings in Iraq. ?It was wrong on many levels and I posted that. ?

Also, can you please explain how western European nations have been able to live for many years without collapsing? ?They do have gay rights. ?As far as I know, gay couples have the same rights under the law as straight couples. ?It's amazing, huh?

Also, can you please tell me why we chose Iraq over say, Iran, or Syria, or North Korea? ?Heck, the majority of the 9/11 attackers were Saudi. ?

We've gotten off-topic by the way. ?This thread is about Rush Limbaugh and his absolutely inappropriate actions. ?His mimicking of a man with Parkinson's disease, on-camera, was disgusting. ?Just forget your party-lines and admit that fact, and we can move on. ? ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mainline
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2006, 11:59:59 PM »

Mainline, you've posted twice since the request for an apology was made. ?People can disagree in a civil manner. ?This should be an enlightening dialogue, not a place to shout out one's own diatribes. ?You also said SLCpunk and myself are pals. ?SLC, do I know you? ?Do you know me? ?If I'm not mistaken, I posted my extreme opposition to a political cartoon SLCpunk posted a while back that had the WTC towers being bombed, and compared it side by side with bombs landing on civilian apartment buildings in Iraq. ?It was wrong on many levels and I posted that.
?

Are you requesting an apology from me?  What did I say that needs apologizing for?  I know you disagreed with SLC's cartoon.  That's why I said you are more objective than many around here.  But I still see you echo him a lot, if even unintentionally.

Also, can you please explain how western European nations have been able to live for many years without collapsing? ?They do have gay rights. ?As far as I know, gay couples have the same rights under the law as straight couples. ?It's amazing, huh?

I'm aware that the entire world has always gone on with gay people in it.  But I wouldn't hold up Western Europe as an example or something to model. 

Also, can you please tell me why we chose Iraq over say, Iran, or Syria, or North Korea? ?Heck, the majority of the 9/11 attackers were Saudi.
?

I think we should deal with all of them.  Iraq was as good a place to start as any.  Already being in Iraq and Afghanistan, we're right next door to both Syria and Iran in case we need to go into either country.  North Korea's time is coming.  And for Saudi Arabia, I haven't liked the fact that we've let them play both sides.  They need to know they - i.e. the ruling family - can be toppled over night.

We've gotten off-topic by the way. ?This thread is about Rush Limbaugh and his absolutely inappropriate actions. ?His mimicking of a man with Parkinson's disease, on-camera, was disgusting. ?Just forget your party-lines and admit that fact, and we can move on. ? ok

Yes, we have gotten off-topic.  I don't agree with what Limbaugh said.  He's a blowhard.  Party lines?  I lean to the right, yes, but I'm no Republican.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2006, 12:36:09 AM »

You lefties throw that "fear" word around like it's a bad thing.  In my opinion, it's a healthy fear of a real threat.  Because the left is (and has always been) weak on national security, they wish everyone would forget about terrorism altogether.  Instead of whining about the right, how 'bout you guys on the left grow some balls and actually come up with someone who is actually serious about fighting terror.  Who knows?  You might actaully win an election.... hihi

The right wing forgot about fighting terrorism when they went into Iraq and let Osama wonder in Pakistan to gather support and find a nuke.

Now, when it is time for an election, you guys bring up Osama again, and use his films as a way to scare Americans into voting. It's rather pathetic.

National security has been compromised by the piss poor leaders in our white house. According to the latest NIE report we have created more terrorists because of Iraq, and are less safe now.

All of which I said would happen since day one.

mainline
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2006, 12:41:07 AM »

The right wing forgot about fighting terrorism when they went into Iraq and let Osama wonder in Pakistan to gather support and find a nuke.

Fighting terrorism has more to do with than Osama.

Now, when it is time for an election, you guys bring up Osama again, and use his films as a way to scare Americans into voting. It's rather pathetic.

There's that liberal arrogant, condescending attitude again.  I also mentioned that a few posts up.  Thanks for confirming....

National security has been compromised by the piss poor leaders in our white house. According to the latest NIE report we have created more terrorists because of Iraq, and are less safe now.

We'll just have to disagree on that one.

All of which I said would happen since day one.

Even if you were right, what do you want?  A medal?

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2006, 12:42:55 AM »

No, he wants to be endowed like Ron Jeremy so he can pleasure himself orally. He told me so!  Grin

Yes, he wants a medal.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 12:50:32 AM by Russian Roulette » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2006, 12:48:36 AM »

No, he wants to be endowed like Ron Jeremy so he can pleasure himself orally. He told me so!  Grin

And with that, this thread is most likely closed.

Thanks dude.

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2006, 12:49:32 AM »

And with that, this thread is most likely closed.

Thanks dude.

I can delete it?  Huh

'Twas just a reference to our discussion last night...  Undecided
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2006, 12:54:52 AM »

Well it should prob be closed anyways, its kinda gone way off topic and I think we can all agree that Rush is a douche right?  beer

SLCPUNK
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2006, 12:59:25 AM »

It does have more to do than Osama, but it sure didn't have anything to do with Iraq. Everything claimed by Bush and Rummy, turned out to be nothing more than a big old pile of poo. Killing over 650,000 Iraqi civilians sure hasn't done a darn thing either.

Nothing wrong with mentioning the truth at all. Bush hasn't focused on Osama at all. He dropped the ball, and went into Iraq, creating a civil war instead. Now the political ads are showing Osama (his tapes too) as this "threat." What a joke.

Disagree all you like, but the National Intelligence Estimate is one of the most important reports that is produced.

You wanna talk about arrogance? Being arrogant is taking one of the most authoritative intelligence reports and ignoring it, while saying "there is more to terror than Osama." That is arrogance. It is that kind of arrogance that has slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and close to 3000 of our best, while creating more terrorists, making us less safe, all while Osama looks for WMD in Pakistan.

Way to go.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2006, 01:14:10 AM »

It does have more to do than Osama, but it sure didn't have anything to do with Iraq. Everything claimed by Bush and Rummy, turned out to be nothing more than a big old pile of poo. Killing over 650,000 Iraqi civilians sure hasn't done a darn thing either.

Nothing wrong with mentioning the truth at all. Bush hasn't focused on Osama at all. He dropped the ball, and went into Iraq, creating a civil war instead. Now the political ads are showing Osama (his tapes too) as this "threat." What a joke.

Disagree all you like, but the National Intelligence Estimate is one of the most important reports that is produced.

You wanna talk about arrogance? Being arrogant is taking one of the most authoritative intelligence reports and ignoring it, while saying "there is more to terror than Osama." That is arrogance. It is that kind of arrogance that has slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and close to 3000 of our best, while creating more terrorists, making us less safe, all while Osama looks for WMD in Pakistan.

Way to go.

Great post.  How anyone in this country today can ignore those facts (and yes, they are indeed facts) is beyond me. People STILL think Iraq and Osama were connected....scary right?

But I love when people say the Dems are weak on terror.  Where is this coming from?  They haven't been in control at all the last 6 years.  Most dems supported the war (at first, under false pretense like most of america).  Do people think Dems wouldn't have fought back after 9-11?  It really baffles me.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2006, 01:27:14 AM »

But I love when people say the Dems are weak on terror.  Where is this coming from?  They haven't been in control at all the last 6 years.  Most dems supported the war (at first, under false pretense like most of america).  Do people think Dems wouldn't have fought back after 9-11?  It really baffles me.

Like I said before, the right wing uses fear just like the terrorists do: to control people. They turn the left into the boogie man du jour. "If the liberals take over then THIS will happen to national security."  (" But never mind THIS is going on right now on our watch.")

They have a constant rotation of fear the use: gays, attack on religion, terror, liberals, flag burning, etc.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2006, 01:49:10 AM »

About a year ago I gave Bush the benefit of the doubt and now I am gonna stand up, be a MAN and admit that I was totally Wrong.

Totally Wrong and wish I could go back and change how I felt at the time.

Gays cant marry cause of GOD

We cant use stem cells which would improve so many people's quality of life cause of GOD

I love how supposed Religious people can somehow think they are qualified to SPEAK for GOD.

I say we get our gifts from GOD

So from Surgeries to anti biotics on down the line, people were born with GOD Given abilities to cure these diseases.

Someone answer this IMPORTANT QUESTION:

why is it ok to use another human being's Bone Marrow for Leukemia, Why is it ok to use another Human Being's Organs but its not ok to use another human's Stem Cells?

What kind of hypocriscy is that?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2006, 01:55:32 AM »

Interesting how Osama was never captured. Interesting how the whole thing ends up with the Iranians being the winners, with the Sunni Taliban destroyed in their East and the Socialist Hussein destroyed in the West, with them now within months of gaining control of Shiite Iraq and its vast oil fields, so that they will end up control over a third of the oil on the planet.

Also interesting how Iranian spy Ahmed Chalibi ended up being a top advisor to Dick Cheney-that's a real pisser. Interesting how Bush and Iran can wave nukes at each other, and the price of oil goes up and down like a magician's yoyo. Couldn't have gone better if they planned it, now could it?

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: