Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 05:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228070 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour  (Read 81918 times)
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #400 on: June 30, 2006, 02:56:36 AM »

I think you're right.  I think about 80% of an audiance want to hear the classics, the best-known songs ...
estranged.1098
« Reply #401 on: June 30, 2006, 03:02:39 AM »

who's Madonna ? soccer player ?

Actually she's one of the greatest pop singers of all time.
Death Cube K
« Reply #402 on: June 30, 2006, 03:10:40 AM »

If they did songs like Dont Damn Me or Bad Apples, most people will thinks its new songs.
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #403 on: June 30, 2006, 03:10:57 AM »

don t damn me
dead horse
don t cry

My favourites are coma and estranged but I don t think there is any possibility to play these songs

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #404 on: June 30, 2006, 03:12:10 AM »

Civil War.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #405 on: August 14, 2006, 02:34:12 PM »

When Gn'R hit the road for their leg of the US tour, do you think Gn'R will be playing only the new tracks they have played already, or do you think they'll have some new'er material  peace

/If they do have new'er material, i wonder if the usual leaks will happen before hand  peace
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #406 on: August 14, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »

well....how much longer can they possibly play the same set list??

even if they only add in TWAT and CITR id be happy, and change some of the AFD?UYI song choices..

like, PLEASE drop: Knockin - i cant hear it anymore....
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2006, 02:36:48 PM »

Idk. ?Im expecting the Kroq show to be the same setlist as it was in Europe, but after that, Im hoping for atleast 50-50, 10 new songs, 10 old songs

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2006, 02:38:12 PM »

For a long long time.

Long.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2006, 02:39:49 PM »

even if they only add in TWAT and CITR id be happy, and change some of the AFD?UYI song choices..

The only reason i can think of for Gn'R not playing a number of the new tracks is simply down to Bumblefoot not being 100% on form. He is possibly tucked away practicing. I wonder if he will simply emulate Bucketheads recordings or possibly do his own thing 100%
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2006, 02:44:48 PM »

What about the fact that there is no album?

And when I suggested before that the band should play all of CD with a few older songs in some shows many thought it was a terrible idea and that my idea made no sense. It's not what people want to hear.

So, enjoy the old songs, that's it. Let's see if these players can play the shit out of them.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #411 on: August 14, 2006, 02:47:20 PM »

Agreed, I would love to hear some different UYI songs thrown back in but I also think Bumble probably has to learn them completely before they can be added live. ?I can't even remember a show where they haven't played Knockin' (since that is the staple audience participation song) and they probably won't remove it, like they won't remove PC.

But the AFD revisted tour has to come to an end soon...

I think some more new songs will be added for sure over the US tour though but again I think it's probably because Bumble has to learn them totally, that is if he is going to continue with this band and that is how it seems at the moment...
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: August 14, 2006, 02:52:23 PM »

Agreed, I would love to hear some different UYI songs thrown back in but I also think Bumble probably has to learn them completely before they can be added live.  I can't even remember a show where they haven't played Knockin' (since that is the staple audience participation song) and they probably won't remove it, like they won't remove PC.

But the AFD revisted tour has to come to an end soon...

I think some more new songs will be added for sure over the US tour though but again I think it's probably because Bumble has to learn them totally, that is if he is going to continue with this band and that is how it seems at the moment...

I don't think Gn'R will pay anymore UYI songs that they havn't played already. It would be good if they did though.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 03:09:44 PM by codenameninja » Logged
EFISH
« Reply #413 on: August 14, 2006, 03:06:32 PM »

Remember the Famous Last Words interview... where Axl says " I have to bury Appetite. I just have to already!!!!" Well... 15, 16 years after saying that.. he's playing an AFD dominated setlist. hihi hihi
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #414 on: August 14, 2006, 03:11:09 PM »

Idk. ?Im expecting the Kroq show to be the same setlist as it was in Europe, but after that, Im hoping for atleast 50-50, 10 new songs, 10 old songs

don't think they will play 10 new and 10 old.. mostly 'cause they usually only play like 14-16 songs
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #415 on: August 15, 2006, 01:34:19 AM »

lol probably asking alot but i wish they would add coma or civil war and deffinatly new songs once album comes out

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
EccoTides
« Reply #416 on: August 15, 2006, 03:29:37 AM »

Honestly, the two songs I'd really like to hear from the new band are updated versions of Silkworms and - especially - Crash Diet. The new band would totally rip that song up, and I think it suits these guys more than the old band.

As for Silkworms, it's too bad the song was bashed so hard - Musically, I think it's incredibly cool. Granted, the lyrics suck - But that song has a lot of potential.

And as much as I'd like to hear stuff like Civil War and Estranged, I think it's best that they are kept solidly with the old band - I don't want to hear anyone else attempting those solos.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #417 on: August 15, 2006, 04:34:23 AM »

Honestly, the two songs I'd really like to hear from the new band are updated versions of Silkworms and - especially - Crash Diet. The new band would totally rip that song up, and I think it suits these guys more than the old band.

As for Silkworms, it's too bad the song was bashed so hard - Musically, I think it's incredibly cool. Granted, the lyrics suck - But that song has a lot of potential.

And as much as I'd like to hear stuff like Civil War and Estranged, I think it's best that they are kept solidly with the old band - I don't want to hear anyone else attempting those solos.

Me and Garry are bringin our "Play Silkworms!" sign to Inland Invasion. Aint that right Garry?  hihi I would actually.. but its too much of a hassle

gnrevolution.com
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #418 on: October 20, 2006, 01:28:26 AM »

I think if they busted something like this out on the fall tour, it'd be balanced, and would keep the diehards and the casuals happy. (New additions in bold):

WTTJ
ISE
Brownstone
Chin. Dem.
You Could Be Mine
Better
Civil War
(NEW SONG)

Estranged
TWAT
Nightrain
IRS
Patience
Used To Love Her (A mini acoustic set with these two back to back)
Don't Cry
(NEW SONG)

The Blues
November Rain
PC

Sweet Child really needs to be either towards the end of the set, or in the encore - playing it so early on like they have been is kinda iffy with me..its one of those classics that needs to be saved for the end, in my opinion.

12-13 classics and 8 new songs (if they do a 20 song set) - is a good way to keep the old fans hooked and to introduce the new material to the set.

Also, notice no Live And Let Die - that song needs to go away and never come back!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 01:31:11 AM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #419 on: October 20, 2006, 04:39:35 AM »

Chinese Democracy
It's So Easy
Live And Let Die
Better
Nightrain
You Could Be Mine
The Blues
My Michelle
Civil War
I.R.S.
Estranged
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Out Ta Get Me
Madagascar
There Was A Time
Double Talkin' Jive
November Rain
Sweet Child O' Mine
Don't Damn Me

Encore

Welcome To The jungle
New Song
Paradise City

I know it's a crazy setlist Grin peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: