Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  October 24 - Sunrise, FL @ BankAtlantic Center
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 24 - Sunrise, FL @ BankAtlantic Center  (Read 54486 times)
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2006, 10:59:30 AM »

great review in that it pointed out the lateness but still judged the show on its own merits. that robin got singled out for praise here has to tell you how far he's come as a performing force on this tour.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
andrecan2002
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2006, 11:02:03 AM »

I forgot Sweet Child

Regarding Robin has this stage presence and the way he moves I think that he got the public attention and when the record comes out he will get a lot of recoginition.

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »

Notice the choads who made comments about Axl using backing tracks.  I don't know why this bugs me so much.  Axl does NOT use backing tracks!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2006, 11:36:42 AM »

Axl Rose and his reconstituted Guns delivered a more than two-hour set that covered most of their older hits and at least one newer number.Source: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/streeter/entries/2006/10/guns_n_roses_we.html

Four or five new numbers would more accurate peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2006, 11:52:44 AM »

Axl Rose and his reconstituted Guns delivered a more than two-hour set that covered most of their older hits and at least one newer number.Source: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/streeter/entries/2006/10/guns_n_roses_we.html

Was their someone else new there besides Ron?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2006, 11:57:45 AM »

one new "number" as in song, not one new member,

maybe they're mixing some of the new stuff up with old stuff.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »

one new "number" as in song, not one new member,

maybe they're mixing some of the new stuff up with old stuff.

Jesus... I apologize. I was doing something else and completely mis-read your post.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2006, 12:02:06 PM »

Great review smoking

Good to see that some journalists still have the abillity to be a bit objective. Saw them on Roskilde Festival this summer, great fucking show. Axl was dead on with the vocals and the band were kicking serious ass. The next day the Festival Paper gave them 3 out of 6. Bitched about Axl being 45 minutes late (big surprise there.....).

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2006, 01:02:36 PM »

Hey EFISH!

You just fired up everyone going to a show in the next couple months! Great job man! Can't wait for those pics! Awesome that you were in the first row! You got sweated on man!

Take it sleazy!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2006, 02:30:58 PM »

It blows my mind that people actually complain about the time the concert starts.  You're going to a concert... suck it up and be tired the next day!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2006, 02:34:07 PM »

Frank

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2006, 02:49:55 PM »

Frank

Franks new? I thought he had played on some European dates and thus not making him new anymore. Besides, it was a misunderstanding anyways.

troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2006, 02:51:24 PM »

Great review smoking

Good to see that some journalists still have the abillity to be a bit objective. Saw them on Roskilde Festival this summer, great fucking show. Axl was dead on with the vocals and the band were kicking serious ass. The next day the Festival Paper gave them 3 out of 6. Bitched about Axl being 45 minutes late (big surprise there.....).
It blows my mind that people actually complain about the time the concert starts. You're going to a concert... suck it up and be tired the next day!

I completely agree with pollux and easy e here. ?First it's a concert to see Guns N roses not Yanni - it's going to go late - hell, I wished they would play for 3 or 4 hours, work be damned. ?And, like pollux said, it's not a big surprise. ?This happened all throughout the Illusion tours (maybe Appetite too), not to mention every single night (I was at all 4) of the Hammerstein shows. ?For everyone who has never been but is going to one of the upcoming shows all I can say is this - Always late but worth the wait.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »

How sold out was the show??? anyone know?
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2006, 04:34:47 PM »

Suprised teh Post gave such a good review, considering the day before they had a photo of a GNR tribute band on their concert calendar.  I actually saw the chick who wrote the review at the show.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2006, 05:15:11 PM »

Sorry meant to thank Gunner 4 Life for that awesome revue! And firing everyone up!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2006, 05:34:03 PM »

I was reading all the responses  to the article  on the  Blog page  and there are some people that hated the concert  and are saying that Axl was using backing vocals.    They say he could hardly be heard  and that people started leaving.     I have also read some positive reviews   .  Were there more satisfied  people than disappointed ones??
Shakes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2006, 05:59:39 PM »

I was in the very very first row, and the security didn't care at all.

The dudes in the yellow didn't care but the bald dude in the light blue shirt cared. They made a mention of that before hand. I was right in front of the Screech look-a-like security guard.
EFISH
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2006, 06:02:31 PM »

I was in the very very first row, and the security didn't care at all.

The dudes in the yellow didn't care but the bald dude in the light blue shirt cared. They made a mention of that before hand. I was right in front of the Screech look-a-like security guard.
Yeah, thats true.. I saw the guy in blue say something to someone, but also the lady next to me was taking video's with her digital camera and he didnt say a word to her...

By the way, I was in front of this guy...
The Ziti Incident
Opening Act

« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2006, 06:55:44 PM »

How full was it?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: