Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  October 25 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 25 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum  (Read 47705 times)
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 06:10:57 PM »

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
IloveGnR
Opening Act

One in a Million!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 01:14:14 PM »

Hey Im flying in from Texas meeting a friend flying in from Michigan...were both staying with friends there in Tampa....were in section 202 first row...not bad. Already did the general admission thing in New York ...it was cool to stand up front by the stage but im looking forward to having seats this time. So where are the after parties going down at?  beer

Guns N Fabers
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 03:44:04 PM »

This shit is gonna be sick. The only time I've ever really got to see Axl was when i was 9 in St.Louis at Riverport when the riot broke out. Not a very good show for a little kid too be at but at least I got too see them play for a little bit. Ive been waiting 15 years to see them again so its about fuckin time they start playing again. Oh and if you're looking for after parties they are many cools places around downtown tampa and ybor city. I'll probably end up at reservoir bar in ybor city. The best bar around in my opinion...cheap drinks, fun people and good rock music all the time.
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 07:09:14 AM »

I'm so excitied about this show... Anybody looking to party before and after hit us up as we'll be spending the day and night in Tampa staying at the downtown Hyatte Hotel and visiting some of Tampa BAys strip clubs.

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 05:43:17 PM »

I'll be there.  Had tickets to Jacksonville on the 20th but of course GNR fucked that up and changed it to Halloween.  My kids want me to go trick or treating so that's a no go.  So now I have to go mid week which sucks for going to work on the following day.

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »

wow this concert is just around the corner...Ill be interested to see what they play at this concert...Is it gonna be a packed house or half full?

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 09:15:05 AM »

Heard the rumors for awhile but was hoping the band wouldn't screw all the people who got up early, raced to the computer and tried to get the best seats possible (kind of like the old days when you'd camp out.). I guess this is good for people who had the floor seats in the back. I'm pissed because I was pretty damn close and now it's going to be a fucking struggle, beers spilled, whine, whine, etc.

Anyway here's the note I got this morning. As a side, does this mean if I don't responds, then they'll automatically send me my floor GA tickets?

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your order for the Wednesday, October 25, 2006 performance of Guns N' Roses scheduled at the St Pete Times Forum. Unfortunately, due to changes associated with production, floor seating is now general admission.

Due to this change in seating we would like to give you the opportunity to exchange your floor reserved seat for a club reserved seat in the arena, or exchange your tickets for general admission tickets on the floor, or obtain a full refund, minus any ticketFast or UPS delivery fees. There will be no seating available on the floor.

In order to take advantage of this offer, you must reply to this email NO LATER THAN deadline Friday, OCTOBER 20, 2006, by 12 NOON EASTERN TIME and include your daytime telephone number and Ticketmaster order confirmation number in order for a customer service representative to contact you.

If you do not contact us and/or we are not able to reach you by telephone on or before Friday, October 20, 2006, by 12 NOON EASTERN TIME, then we will send you new tickets that will be valid for general admission (standing room only) for the Guns N' Roses concert at St Pete Times Forum on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 at 7:30pm.  Please note, every ticket has a unique bar code and that of your original tickets will be invalidated and not be valid for entry.  If you request reserved seating or general admission (standing room only) tickets, Ticketmaster will be sending you new tickets with a new barcode which will grant you entry into the event.

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the seating you ordered. We really appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. 

Ticketmaster Customer Service

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 09:29:11 AM »

Yes, if you don't respond by the 20th they will send you GA tickets.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 09:31:13 AM »

all shows for this tour are GA for the floor. Went thru the same thing with Jacksonville. Be fortunate they did not change the date on you.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 09:31:47 AM »

Maybe that means tickets were selling pretty damn good and they wanted to have more people in there, so they quit the seated tickets and now they can put in more people

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
flickn
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 09:38:43 AM »

maybe the new songs axl will debute require mosh pits ...

just a thought
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2006, 09:44:05 AM »

Maybe Axl likes the vibe from the crowd better when they are GA rather than when they are sitting in seats. If I remember correctly most of the 2002 shows were reserved seating, maybe with the band playing all the festivals and little arenas, Axl has come to liking the energy better from a GA audience rather than a reserved seating audience.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2006, 09:45:02 AM »

maybe the new songs axl will debute require mosh pits ...

just a thought
Since we're speculating, here are 3 thoughts.

1. Maybe Robin wants to go crowd surfing every night? (That'd be almost impossible to do with seats.)

2. Maybe they want to film each show? (People crowded together looks better on film than separated by seats.)

3. Maybe the band found out that there were a bunch of fat, ugly guys with seats up front?

Raven
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2006, 09:51:48 AM »

why do they say "unfortunatley"? every concert should be GA...GA is so much better, unless you were in the front row to begin with..but if you were in row 2 and back GA is definatley better
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2006, 09:55:18 AM »

Seats are crap - standing is so much better this is the best news for anyone going.

Even if you had a "great seat" then people would get up and run to the stage (and be in front of you) anyway.
Happened when I saw Bowie in Manchester a few years ago.  Standing is key, and if you're moaning about beers being spilt etc... you can either stand at the back or go and what elton john.

LP
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 10:00:07 AM »

The Tampa ticket I got in the mail about 3 weeks ago always was GA.

The only show that I knew of that got screwed up with seating was Jacksonville.

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 10:06:54 AM »

Naw, the spilt beer comment was what's going to happen as I make my way through the crowd. I agree the standing is better than sitting, but I had some kick ass seats. I never planned to actually sit in them, but, for the most part, security will keep everyone in the vicinity of the seats they purchased, so I'd be standing and pretty damn close. Now it's going to be a pain in the ass. I was at Hammerstein and we made our way right to the front, but after the beer is gone or you got to take a piss, it sucks to have to push your way through all over again.

Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 10:10:52 AM »

Naw, the spilt beer comment was what's going to happen as I make my way through the crowd. I agree the standing is better than sitting, but I had some kick ass seats. I never planned to actually sit in them, but, for the most part, security will keep everyone in the vicinity of the seats they purchased, so I'd be standing and pretty damn close. Now it's going to be a pain in the ass. I was at Hammerstein and we made our way right to the front, but after the beer is gone or you got to take a piss, it sucks to have to push your way through all over again.

I know what you mean, but you've just gotta carry as many beers as you can down to the front (getting pissed before is best idea) and try and hold on pissing til after the show or piss yourself!  Smiley

Mind you KOHD is there so people can go to the toilet and not miss anything, plus the crowd won't be jumping about when you need to push back to the front!
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 10:15:38 AM »

GA is better - the crowd can move, instead of being in one small 14x14" box like a movie theatre. Besides, if you're sitting at a GNR show - YOU SHOULDN'T BE!

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2006, 09:04:08 PM »

wow this concert is just around the corner...Ill be interested to see what they play at this concert...Is it gonna be a packed house or half full?

I'd guess somewhere in between.

Def Leppard did a hell of a job filling it up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: