Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  October 25 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 25 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum  (Read 47711 times)
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2006, 10:20:09 AM »

Leaving today for vacation so I won't be on again till after the Tampa concert.  To all the Tampa Bay fans from the board going look for us in seats 15 and 14 Section 102 Row A (front row baby!!!!)  I'll be the guy smiling like the Joker!  I can't freakin' wait.  It's been 14 long years since I saw these guys in Orlando with Metallica and Faith No More.  Should be an awesome time.  After the show join us at one of Tampa Bays finest dance (lol) clubs 2001!

Chris & Lorrie

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
anaesthetics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2006, 12:21:45 AM »

Anyone plan on getting in line REALLY early to secure a spot right in front of the stage?  I'm thinking about showing up at around 2 and waiting it out until doors open.  It's sick, I know, but I've been waiting ten years for this.  4-5 hours is nothing.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 11:52:29 AM »

Ticket prices have been reduced for this show.  Anyone who wants to go, get on it today!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Khalista
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 09:51:20 PM »

The change to GA really sucks for me... I had 7th row! I am 5 feet tall!! I was SO fucking happy to have good seats where I would be able to see and not be pushed around and have some 7 foot tall a**hole in front of me. I've been waiting for 15 years for this show (it'll be my first GNR show... I never got to see the original line-up) and now I've lost my great great seat. I know my chances of getting up to the front are slim to none but I will be wishing and hoping all day that I'll get that lucky.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2006, 06:14:40 AM »

The change to GA really sucks for me... I had 7th row! I am 5 feet tall!! I was SO fucking happy to have good seats where I would be able to see and not be pushed around and have some 7 foot tall a**hole in front of me. I've been waiting for 15 years for this show (it'll be my first GNR show... I never got to see the original line-up) and now I've lost my great great seat. I know my chances of getting up to the front are slim to none but I will be wishing and hoping all day that I'll get that lucky.

Don't despair, Khalista, I'm only 5 ft as well and after getting crushed agains the barrier in '91 at Wembley Stadium vowed never to be in that place again.? But, at Wembly this year (admittedly the arena, which isn't anywhere near as large as the stadium), I found myself a place on the front barrier at the side (just to the right of Robin) and it was okay.? There's always pushing and shoving but not the mania that occurs in the centre.? If possible, chat to those around you before the band come on, especially if there is a tall, beefy looking guy who can keep the worst of the shoving away from you, because people are less inclined to push someone they've been chatting with earlier.? ok

Most of all though, just get yourself a place where you feel comfortable and can enjoy yourself and I guarantee you'll have one the of the best nights of your life!? Grin

cyllan

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2006, 10:24:22 PM »

Now I understand these chicks are disappointed about being 5 feet tall and being on the floor...something tells me there'd be plenty of male volunteers to let them sit up tall on their shoulders!  I hope the fellas there offer a helping hand.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2006, 10:50:05 AM »

Any reviews for this show? Let's hear them. Want to know if everyone liked the show.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2006, 11:42:52 AM »

Apologies if this was posted somewhere else, but I didn't see it:

The review from the Tampa Tribune:

Wee Hours For Paradise City
Skip directly to the full story.
By CURTIS ROSS The Tampa Tribune

Published: Oct 26, 2006

TAMPA - A concert review isn't really the place for a lecture on tardiness but good grief. Guns n' Roses' set didn't start until almost midnight Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Is singer Axl Rose that unfamiliar with the real world that he isn't hip to the whole job-responsibility-up before noon lifestyle? Or does someone need to point out that even the pre-teens who bought "Appetite for Destruction" in 1987 are now in their 30s? Whatever. If you can get past the time element, the show was about as good as one might have hoped and at times considerably better.

The two-hour plus set relied heavily on songs from "Appetite ? " and it's likely few in the crowd of 10,522 would have complained about that.

Few seemed bothered by the fact that Rose is the only member of the "Appetite ? " lineup currently in the band. That took away some of the potential excitement since the old Guns was a band of loose cannons. Now it's one loose cannon and eight hired guns.

Excellent hired guns, mind you. Most of them got solo spots which gave Rose a chance to catch his breath, change his shirt and do whatever else he needed to away from the spotlight.

Rose remains a natural front man, sprinting around the stage, baying and howling and expressing all the rage and fear that made the band so intriguing when it appeared 20 years ago.

His voice, though, was erratic, mostly strong and true but occasionally pinched and thin. In contrast to his old rabble-rousing image, Rose was unfailingly polite between songs, telling the crowd it was "very, very nice to be here" moments after telling them they were in the jungle, baby.

Such is the dichotomy of Axl Rose: charming and possibly insane.

The band was almost too reverent in its treatment of the older material, replicating each solo and fill with a classicist's touch. Only on "Out ta Get Me" did the players make the song their own, and that one left the "Appetite ? " version in the dust.

However, new material, from the oft-delayed "Chinese Democracy" album, sounded vibrant and raised hopes that the disc may one day actually be released.

In the end, despite any longing to see the original lineup back together, Rose established his new Guns as a vital, exciting force and threatened to once again inject some excitement into a stale mainstream rock scene. If only he could do it a couple of hours earlier.

Curtis Ross can be reached at (813) 259-7568 or cross@tampatrib.com
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2006, 12:06:55 PM »

Awesome! This tour is getting rave reviews so far!  peace

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2006, 12:15:59 PM »

Thanks for posting that review, kyrie; I hadn't seen it before. ?I could take issue with a few points mentioned; 'tardiness' for example, *yawn* not that old chestnut - it's not only youngsters who can burn the candle at both ends. ?Nevertheless, overall it was positive and an enjoyable read. ?I think Axl would greet the description of himself with a wry smile. ?Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2006, 12:33:06 PM »

does anyone have a full setlist of the show?

Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2006, 12:37:38 PM »

If 10,522 fans were at this concert, no one should be complaining about slow ticket sales.  That's two back to back 10,000+ audiences.  Sweet!!!
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »

that's what i've been looking for too.
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2006, 01:21:45 PM »

that's what i've been looking for too.

Neemo posted this setlist on Roses of Velvet:

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle; It's So Easy; Mr. Brownstone; Live And Let Die; Robin Guitar Solo; Sweet Child O' Mine; Knockin' On Heaven's Door; You Could Be Mine; Piano Jam; Dizzy Piano Solo; The Blues; Band Introductions; Richard & Robin Guitar Solo (Beautiful); Out Ta Get Me; Better; Piano Moving Jam; November Rain; I.R.S.; Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry); My Michelle (w/ Sebastian Bach); Used To Love Her; Patience; Nightrain;

Encore: Chinese Democracy; Paradise City;

kmoirkne
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »

they need to put rocket queen back into the set list.. hopefully they will..
schweesh31
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2006, 02:59:27 PM »

Welcome To The Jungle / It's So Easy / Mr. Brownstone / Live And Let Die / Robin Guitar Solo / Sweet Child O' Mine / Knockin' On Heaven's Door / You Could Be Mine / Piano Jam / Dizzy Piano Solo / The Blues / Better / Band Introductions / Robin & Richard Guitar Duet (Beautiful) / Out Ta Get Me / Piano Moving Jam / November Rain / Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry) / My Michelle (w/ Sebastian Bach) / Used To Love Her / I.R.S. / Patience / Nightrain

Encore: Chinese Democracy / Paradise City

Notes:

- Concert started just before midnight and went until 2:00 in the morning.
- Pyro on WTTJ, LALD, YCBM, Better, OTGM, NR, CD, and PC.
- Red confetti during Paradise City.
- Great crowd. Axl was in a very good mood, saying "It's very, very nice to be here in Tampa tonight."
- At the conclusion of My Michelle Axl states, "I fucked up the ending."
- Used To Love Her is introduced as a request by Tommy.
- Arena was 3/4 packed at the start of the show. By the time the encore started about 1/4 of that amount had left.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2006, 03:03:02 PM »

that is a gret first post...kudos man beer

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2006, 03:07:16 PM »

lol well playing that late, you gotta expect some people to bail Tongue The attendence according to the newspaper was 10,500 or so, so these Florida shows did pretty good (two shows with 10,000+ so far) but we'll see about the other two. I really do think 4 FL shows is too much though, you're just drawing people away from the other ones.
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2006, 03:11:19 PM »

I agree, Rocket Queen is 10 times better than Out To Get Me

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2006, 06:59:32 PM »

I agree, Rocket Queen is 10 times better than Out To Get Me

No offense, but have you heard the band play Out Ta Get Me this year???  The song kicks ass live.  It was one of the best songs of the night at Hammerstein, May 12th.  I hope you get a chance to see them live.    peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: