Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  October 25 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 25 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum  (Read 47703 times)
badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2006, 07:14:12 PM »

Out Ta Get Me is a classic, and it sounded amazing last night.

I heard a review on the radio saying that Papa Roach stole the show..
..are you fucking kidding me? HAHAHAHHAA.

I could watch Axl and the guys sing all fucking day long.
After that show last night my life is complete.

Plus, Bumblefoot kissed me on the cheek.
 love

Sigh.

Can't stop thinkin bout doin it one more time..
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2006, 09:26:56 PM »

What an amazing experience last night. Easily the best performance I've seen by this band and for Axl with either line-up. Credit to Baz for working up the crowd with a great opening set. Strolled off with Mr & Mrs SLC during Papa Roach though. Returned to our seats around 11:00 figuring things would be getting going soon. Wrong.

Skip ahead 1 hour and things finally get started, coincidentally enough the lights dimmed within 20 seconds of the crowd finally having enough and starting to boo. It became pretty obvious very quickly that this was going to be Robins night.

This being the 6th time seeing the band so far this year, I was pretty sure I had Axls routines down, so I spent most of the night watching the rest of the band. Robin was aesome, acually spent most of the night playing while stretched out on the floor. Might not have been entertaining to those o the floor but was great to those elevated enough to view it. This actually led to the funniest moment of the night. Robin is sprwled out on the stage during the moving the piano jam before November Rain. Axl comes out on stage, sees Robin and proceeds to simulate kicking the shit out of him L.A.P.D. style. Axl spent most of the night with a grin on his face as there were quite a few amusing moments between him and Robin, Richard, and Tommy.

Enough of the Tommy isn't happy crap. He was interacting with everyone and if you watched closely had some type of physical response to anything going on around him. He seemed to particularly enjoy pretending to play a traffic cop with everyone running all over the place. Tommy was having a blast and there were quite a few times Axl would walk by him and say something that had Tommy cracking up.

Ron has been a revelation the first two shows. I am an self confessed Buckethead lover from long before his GnR days. However after watching Ron and his more pronounced role in the band these two shows, I no longer miss the Bucket. Ron was just tearing it up. He definitely seems to be more comfortable in the band than he did during the NY shows.

Richard was also great. He is definitely becoming someone who demands your attention when he is on stage. I found it particularly interesting that he opened his solo with a Buckethead style solo very similar to Big Sur Moon, and pulled it off quite well. Frank managed to make himself stand out more than Brain did, in my opinion and for some reason I find myself wanting Frank to be a permanent addition to this band.

The highlite of the evening didnt even happen to me but I couldnt have been happier for the person, no matter how many times I cursed him out in the text messages that immediately followed. SLC had seats right along the right corner of the stage. During "Out Ta Get Me" Axl ran right in front of SLC and was belting out the song. SLC reached his hand out and Axl promptly grabbed it with an agressive shake and pump similar to the fan that shook his hand during the VMA's in 2002. Luckily Mrs. SLC had the presence of mind to snap off a picture because I sure as hell didnt.

This band is just totally clicking right now. Did I want to hear some new songs? You bet your ass I did, but I left the building last night knowing that there was no other place in the world that I would have rather of been that night.

Good Fucking Night

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
EFISH
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2006, 09:30:36 PM »

Great review! Sounds like it went off better than Sunrise which would be pretty hard to top! Im glad you three and everyone else going had a great time!  beer
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2006, 09:48:49 PM »

I thought Sunrise was going to be hard to top. Hopefully they were both just warm ups for tomorrow in Estero ok

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
EFISH
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2006, 09:55:35 PM »

I thought Sunrise was going to be hard to top. Hopefully they were both just warm ups for tomorrow in Estero ok
Hell yeah!!!
Getting there at 3PM headbanger
See you and SLC down on the floor! peace
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2006, 10:13:43 PM »

Here's some pics I took at last nights show. ?We had a fucking blast! ?Bach was great, Papa Roach kicked ass and Guns n Roses were amazing. ?I was a little pissed by how late they came on though... Holy shit midnight!!! ?People were really starting to turn and boo about the time they came on. ?Glad I didn't have GA and wasn't standing all night. Last night was one of the best nights of my life and hopefully I won't have to wait 14 years to see them again (last time was in 1992 in Orlando with Metallica and Faith No More; had tickets in 2002 but tour was cancelled 4 days before they were to play Tampa) ?Anyways great night and the show was amazing. ?Axl's voice sounded as good as I ever heard it before and the band was very tight. ?(Amazing guitar solos) ?Hopefully somebody recorded this show.

Security was tight but I was able to sneak my digital camera in. ?Long story short I was in line to enter the arena (first mind you) and at 7:30 security said after already standing in line for an hour that any cameras need to be brought back to your car or your won't get in. ?My gf begins to open her mouth about me having a camera and how we walked from our hotel like a mile away and the guard wasn't hearing any of it he insisted I couldn't get in if I had it but what I could do was leave it with the Ice Palace security and pick it up after the show. ?So I did just that but right before Papa Roach came on I looked at the ticket the secuirty gave me and it said not responsible if lost or stole or damaged.... so right away I was like fuck they can steal my camera and won't be liable so I left the arena told security I just got married (I didn't) and that on my camera was my weddening pics and I couldn't enjoy myself if I didn't at least get the memory stick out of my camera incase it was lost or stole. ?After pleading my case for a min or two she let me leave the outside holding area and go get my memory stick... I walked up to the lady who was holding my camera and said I'm leaving I'd like my camera back and she gave it to me.. I took the memory stick out, place my camera in my pocket, walked back towards the arena, flashed my memory stick at the guard who let me leave and said 'thank you your a life saver', walked back in the building put the memory stick in my camera and took some pics.... hee hee so thats my story and here's the pics. ?

Chris

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 10:31:30 PM by BigChrisSpirito » Logged

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
EFISH
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2006, 10:20:53 PM »

awsesome man, sounds like it was a blast!! fix those links to the pics, u messed it up Grin Grin

nice story! yes yes
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2006, 10:24:34 PM »

I haven't seen this posted yet. If it has been, please delete the thread.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/popmusic/

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2006, 10:48:36 PM »

Pretty good review, but not entirely accurate.

I heard Axl fine on Jungle. He didn't do the opening scream, but he still kicked ass, and his voice was on all night.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2006, 11:07:59 PM »

awsesome man, sounds like it was a blast!! fix those links to the pics, u messed it up Grin Grin

nice story! yes yes

This will make the story even funnier. By 8:15 or so, they werent even doing a real check. I was 10 feet from the security guard when he wave the metal detector and said "Go ahead". Hell, my ticketfast from Ticketmaster wouldnt scan but the lady at the gate was just like "Ahh, go ahead"

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2006, 11:12:49 PM »

yeah as the night went on they started to get relaxed with the checking of people.  I walked on the floor during Chinese Democracy cause I knew it was that song then PC so I figured I would risk getting thrown out and nobody said anything to us.  That's why the pics from the last song are closer to the stage it's cause I sneaked up close  peace

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2006, 12:27:47 AM »

Yeah, I heard everything fine, too, but maybe he was sitting somewhere else.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2006, 12:57:20 AM »

Great read and awesome pics, and reviews, to all you guys! Glad you all had a Blast!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
monobum
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2006, 01:29:16 AM »

Nice story, thanks. I'll be trying to get my camera in, this sunday. Let se what haappens? smoking
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2006, 05:17:02 AM »

God everyone has an opinion on this band but is there anything more annoying than reading a review of which the introduction is completely factually incorrect.

Where do these guys get their research material from?!?!
IDonTNeedUrCivilWr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2006, 09:19:01 AM »

HAHA!  That story rocked.  Glad to see the dedication to get some pics of the show.  I had to read that a few times to figure out what you did to get the camera in. 

"What's so civil about war, anyway?"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2006, 10:23:21 AM »

Pretty good review, but not entirely accurate.

I heard Axl fine on Jungle. He didn't do the opening scream, but he still kicked ass, and his voice was on all night.

If you read a bit of this guys blog you see that he kind of beats up on everybody; kind of a smart ass.
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2006, 10:39:50 AM »

HAHA!? That story rocked.? Glad to see the dedication to get some pics of the show.? I had to read that a few times to figure out what you did to get the camera in.?

Hopefully somebody had that same dedication and taped the show via video or audio

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2006, 10:46:19 AM »

Thanks for all the pics and reviews man! I am so ****in excited to see this show! I felt like I was there with you guys when you're describing the action. Best way to get a camera in is to stick it in your crotch. Most security ain't gonna feel down there unless they want a lawsuit slapped on them. For the ladies - under your boobs in your bra - if they pat down they will pat the top of your chest and any further feels would again be grounds for harassment. Always works for my OH.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
IloveGnR
Opening Act

One in a Million!!!

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2006, 04:51:10 PM »

Thanks for all the pics and reviews man! I am so ****in excited to see this show! I felt like I was there with you guys when you're describing the action. Best way to get a camera in is to stick it in your crotch. Most security ain't gonna feel down there unless they want a lawsuit slapped on them. For the ladies - under your boobs in your bra - if they pat down they will pat the top of your chest and any further feels would again be grounds for harassment. Always works for my OH.

Yeah totally I snuck three little bottles of scotch in in my bra....hell if im paying seven dollars for a beer. LOL Any way I was wonderin where Axl was so I went out to the back and asked the guard where he was. Said he was an hr late already. Finally he got a call said he was at the airpor he would be there in 15 mins. So i stood there till his black SUV pulled in. While I was waiting Sabastian walked out of the back door all non-chalantly and all i could do was stand there and giggle. He went over to hi bike and threw his jacket on the gound and tied up his hair. Stood there by himself for like five minutes before he left. Also I asked the security guard where Bumblefoot was cause I know he hung out out back in New York. Guard said he was out on his bicycle...lol well I got to go Rock On

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: