Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:47:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  One more time....silver pressed boots I would like to get rid of
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: One more time....silver pressed boots I would like to get rid of  (Read 15830 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 01:24:39 AM »

not they quality i mean
it has to do with u paid for it is all i am saying

it has the real inserts compared to what u d/l  it is all in opinion like i said to each there own

In all fairness to Bandita TimeBomb, you need to answer her original question:

"Can someone still explain to me why Silver boots hold so much value?"

I would like to know as well.

u people better learn i answered it once when i told the price of bootlegs that is why they are worth more in trades to alot of traders

Please don't get upset TB. All we are asking is why silver pressed boots are so valuable to traders, not how much they cost...

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 01:24:49 AM »

Ok timebomb, they just want to know if on silvers the quality is better or not?
Because IF it is the same as downloading the files for free (which I dont know if it is or not) then buying them does not make any sense and you'd have to be totally out of your mind to do it.
So they are asking if the files on silver discs are better quality than just downloading them? YOU are not understanding there question.? Roll Eyes

ok fish yes the only way files are better on a silver is if they are put in a lower format like mp3,otherwise downloading flac or wave u get the cd exact.

but i think this is 1 of the top reasons only

u people better learn i answered it once when i told the price of bootlegs that is why they are worth more in trades to alot of traders

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 01:26:21 AM »

not they quality i mean

it has the real inserts compared to what u d/l? it is all in opinion like i said to each there own

Please don't get upset TB. All we are asking is why silver pressed boots are so valuable to traders, not how much they cost...

u have to understand some silver are rare as well but it is the cost of them is the main vaule hold on traders why they want more

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
EFISH
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006, 01:27:40 AM »

But what is the difference between a Silver CD and a regular one then? That is the question being asked. Is it less compressed on a silver CD making it better quality or something?
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 01:28:08 AM »

not they quality i mean

it has the real inserts compared to what u d/l? it is all in opinion like i said to each there own

u have to understand some silver are rare as well but it is the cost of them is the main vaule hold on traders why they want more

i have found this out the hard way lot's and lot's of times in my trading i had to pay alot in money or trade incdr or dvdr to get my stuff

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2006, 01:28:15 AM »

Ok timebomb, they just want to know if on silvers the quality is better or not?
Because IF it is the same as downloading the files for free (which I dont know if it is or not) then buying them does not make any sense and you'd have to be totally out of your mind to do it.
So they are asking if the files on silver discs are better quality than just downloading them? YOU are not understanding there question.  Roll Eyes

ok fish yes the only way files are better on a silver is if they are put in a lower format like mp3,otherwise downloading flac or wave u get the cd exact.

but i think this is 1 of the top reasons only

TB, it doesn't help when you copy and paste things you already said, like the sentence in bold. You already did this a few times in this thread. I guess I'm just confused on this whole situation. I like downloading shows but if it's better to buy them, then maybe I should start buying them. I actually think it would make more sense to buy a silver pressed bootleg for the artwork and plastic case for 25$, as opposed to downloading it without the plastic case for free. I don't know what to do??

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2006, 01:30:08 AM »

Does a silver cd last longer than a burned one?? I mean, if you leave your cd's in the car in the hot weather, would a silver cd last longer than a purple bottomed one?? These silver cd's are sounding better and better.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2006, 01:30:46 AM »

OK, I understand that a silver boot is a pressed boot and this is different from a CDR

But in essence in reality it is still bootlegging for profit, not authorized by the band.

You are still giving money to a bootlegger, just one that makes a bigger profit than a guy who records a show and sells it online.

WHY?
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2006, 01:31:22 AM »

But what is the difference between a Silver CD and a regular one then? That is the question being asked. Is it less compressed on a silver CD making it better quality or something?

silver cd bootlegs are cda wave files if u put to the pc change the format to flac u loose no quality but if it goes to anything like mp3 let's say it is highlty compressed and looses quality. alot like mp3 i understand that issue. but it is a bad quality loss

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2006, 01:32:16 AM »

OK, I understand that a silver boot is a pressed boot and this is different from a CDR

But in essence in reality it is still bootlegging for profit, not authorized by the band.

You are still giving money to a bootlegger, just one that makes a bigger profit than a guy who records a show and sells it online.

WHY?

Because it is worth more Bandita. It's silver and not purple bottomed.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 01:32:36 AM »

silver cd bootlegs are cda wave files if u put to the pc change the format to flac u loose no quality but if it goes to anything like mp3 let's say it is highlty compressed and looses quality. alot like mp3 i understand that issue. but it is a bad quality loss

The question has nothing to do with mp3s.
EFISH
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006, 01:32:45 AM »

Thanks but my question had NOTHING to do with mp3's and that. I know when you convert to mp3 you lose quality but I was just asking if the files ON a SILVER are better quality than the ones on a CDR (if they are both waves or flac)
 Huh
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006, 01:33:10 AM »

WHY?
nevermind u just do not wanna see the point because i maid it loud and clear alot in hear why trader value silvers more in a trade

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 01:33:57 AM »

WHY?
nevermind u just do not wanna see the point because i maid it loud and clear alot in hear why trader value silvers more in a trade

No you didn't you just said you pay more for them.  Since when does price=quality?
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 01:34:51 AM »

Thanks but my question had NOTHING to do with mp3's and that. I know when you convert to mp3 you lose quality but I was just asking if the files ON a SILVER are better quality than the ones on a CDR (if they are both waves or flac)
 Huh

fish no they are the same as long as the person does not make a bad rip in the flac files or wave files they upload

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2006, 01:35:50 AM »

Huh

fish no they are the same as long as the person does not make a bad rip in the flac files or wave files they upload

So what is so rare about them besides they were pressed by some bootlegger who likes to overcharge?
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2006, 01:37:06 AM »

WHY?

No you didn't you just said you pay more for them.? Since when does price=quality?

u seem not to get the point quality is not why they hold the silvers so high in trade paying for them ?and rareness is alot of it like i told fish the files are the same depending on if the rip is of ?and u d/l ok to cdr

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2006, 01:37:14 AM »

I'm confused about this whole thing. Do mp3's go onto Silver pressed cd's only??  I don't understand where the mp3's go?? FLAC can only be burned to CDR and not pressed?? I'm so lost guys... sorry.

EFISH
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2006, 01:37:34 AM »

Huh

Thank you, that is what I was getting at the whole time...
Which leads to the next question of why would a CDR be cheaper than a Silver when they have the EXACT same files in the EXACT same quality? Huh
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2006, 01:38:53 AM »

Huh

So what is so rare about them besides they were pressed by some bootlegger who likes to overcharge?

ok put it this way go look for this cd set
the gold box sessions and tell me if u would trade it cheap if only if u bought it let's see your answer it is over 200.00 in price

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: