Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:43:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  One more time....silver pressed boots I would like to get rid of
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: One more time....silver pressed boots I would like to get rid of  (Read 15833 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2006, 01:39:16 AM »

So silver pressed cd's are always a lossy format?? Is that what you're saying??

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2006, 01:40:18 AM »

But what is the difference between a Silver CD and a regular one then? That is the question being asked. Is it less compressed on a silver CD making it better quality or something?

silver cd bootlegs are cda wave files if u put to the pc change the format to flac u loose no quality but if it goes to anything like mp3 let's say it is highlty compressed and looses quality. alot like mp3 i understand that issue. but it is a bad quality loss
Thanks but my question had NOTHING to do with mp3's and that. I know when you convert to mp3 you lose quality but I was just asking if the files ON a SILVER are better quality than the ones on a CDR (if they are both waves or flac)
 Huh

fish no they are the same as long as the person does not make a bad rip in the flac files or wave files they upload

So what is so rare about them besides they were pressed by some bootlegger who likes to overcharge?

ok put it this way go look for this cd set
the gold box sessions and tell me if u would trade it cheap if only if u bought it let's see your answer it is over 200.00 in price

Where do I look?? Is the box real GOLD?? If it is I would pay the 200.00.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2006, 01:40:28 AM »

But what is the difference between a Silver CD and a regular one then? That is the question being asked. Is it less compressed on a silver CD making it better quality or something?

silver cd bootlegs are cda wave files if u put to the pc change the format to flac u loose no quality but if it goes to anything like mp3 let's say it is highlty compressed and looses quality. alot like mp3 i understand that issue. but it is a bad quality loss
Thanks but my question had NOTHING to do with mp3's and that. I know when you convert to mp3 you lose quality but I was just asking if the files ON a SILVER are better quality than the ones on a CDR (if they are both waves or flac)
 Huh

fish no they are the same as long as the person does not make a bad rip in the flac files or wave files they upload

So what is so rare about them besides they were pressed by some bootlegger who likes to overcharge?

the gold box sessions and tell me if u would trade it cheap if only if u bought it let's see your answer it is over 200.00 in price

Is there something in this set that I can't download for free? ?What am I paying for besides fancy packaging?
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2006, 01:40:55 AM »

Huh

Thank you, that is what I was getting at the whole time...
Which leads to the next question of why would a CDR be cheaper than a Silver when they have the EXACT same files in the EXACT same quality? Huh

ok u d/led my cd set i paid 50.00 for u paid .20 for and d/led so it is worth less because it is not the silver
now fish this is my opinion only

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2006, 01:43:04 AM »

How did EFISH get a bootleg for .20 cents when you paid 50.00$??  Does he know a cheap bootlegger or what?? I think I want to start going to EFISH's hook-up for bootlegs.  Hell if I can save 49.80$, why not??

timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2006, 01:45:31 AM »

Huh

Is there something in this set that I can't download for free? ?What am I paying for besides fancy packaging?

i see your opinion it all should be free
you are correct
but u are living in the real world here as i found out years ago not all boots are free

now to answer your q
no there is nothing u can not get in that set not on other i know this but see i am different than all booot traders here i collect every cd cdr i can get that has a title

now if it was all freely traded like i did on the dime this trading we do would be a breeze but as we all know there is alot of hoarding or selling ect

i will amit i offered my stuff for sale o well ?i hag a guy come to me first.

so like i said to answer your q twice ? ?NO

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2006, 01:46:42 AM »

How did EFISH get a bootleg for .20 cents when you paid 50.00$??? Does he know a cheap bootlegger or what?? I think I want to start going to EFISH's hook-up for bootlegs.? Hell if I can save 49.80$, why not??

IT WAS AN EXAMPLE

FOR 1 I PUT THE FILES ON  HERE U GOT 2 CDR THAT COST .20 FOR

EFISH
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2006, 01:47:49 AM »

How did EFISH get a bootleg for .20 cents when you paid 50.00$??  Does he know a cheap bootlegger or what?? I think I want to start going to EFISH's hook-up for bootlegs.  Hell if I can save 49.80$, why not??

IT WAS AN EXAMPLE

Actually, to correct you...
It cost me $0.00  Smiley
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2006, 01:48:22 AM »

OK let me use an example.

Dankrass recorded 2 Hammerstein shows and put them out in lossless format for all the fans for free.

Now I know, you, TB paid for Japanese boots of the same recordings because I saw them on dime.

Why pay when they were already there for free?

Same for silver boots, no matter how you answer you keep putting it into dollars and cents.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2006, 01:48:56 AM »

IT WAS AN EXAMPLE

Oh, I'm sorry. I got it now. I was so excited there for a second. I thought I was going to start getting silver pressed bootlegs for .20$. Silly me.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2006, 01:51:30 AM »

I ANSWERED ALL YOUR Q'S U NEED TO READ U JUST DO NOT WANNA COMPREHEND WHAT I SAY BECAUSE U GUYS ARE SET IN YOUR WAYS WITCH IS FINE NO HARM THERE BUT I DID ANSWER EVERYTHING U ASKED

Turn down the caps, man.  Just some friendly questions here.

But your answers keep boiling down to money paid.
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2006, 01:52:54 AM »

that is the full point  finally

EFISH
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2006, 01:53:21 AM »

Goodnight everyone, thanks for the laughs rofl rofl
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2006, 01:54:40 AM »

i seen nothing funny when it is the truth and u guys want it all free  well it is not going to turn out that way

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2006, 01:55:14 AM »

Goodnight everyone, thanks for the laughs rofl rofl

I think you're right EFISH, it's time for bed.  Goodnight EFISH, Bandita and TimeBomb.  Thanks for answering all those questions TB.

timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2006, 01:55:50 AM »

your welcome

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2006, 02:26:38 AM »

i love you timebomb
Brody
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2006, 03:20:02 AM »

this is funny.. why do you guys fuck with him?
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2006, 12:55:11 PM »

I'm sitting at work atm having a shitty day.. this thread made me laugh tho. Thanks.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2006, 02:14:36 PM »

Are you guys still discussing why silver CDs are better?  (I quit reading.)

I think it's similar to owning the MFSL CDs.  You can't make a silver CD at home (easily), so die-hards want the original, even though it is still a boot.

They were especially awesome back in the day, when there weren't CD recorders like we have today.  That's when I got all mine.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: