Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Will CD give a shout out to HTGTH/Jarmo?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will CD give a shout out to HTGTH/Jarmo?  (Read 20324 times)
fixintodie
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2006, 10:12:22 PM »

I think that the packaging will go the other way - minimal.

To include everyone who was involved in the project at some time or another would take a fucking novel. I expect a big block of text listing names in no particular order, and in very small print.

fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2006, 10:17:49 PM »

dont start bashing vanilla ice, because frank & robin loved the shirt!!!!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2006, 06:03:26 PM »

will merck be thanked in the liner notes?
EFISH
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2006, 06:04:36 PM »

will merck be thanked in the liner notes?
Yeah. He's been with GNR since 2001 (right?) and even though he played this whole game with us about the CD, he was still the manager and helped them.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2006, 06:49:28 PM »

I hope that some mention of this community is acknowledged...after all, the liner-notes of CD will likely have to include a fold-out poster with a timeline just to make sense of everyone who contributed to it's creation - what will one more mention hurt?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 08:56:59 PM by bazgnr » Logged
Chris55
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2006, 06:56:19 PM »

I was just sitting here thinking about Axl's comments about the guy in Ireland sitting behind a computer,

Huh?
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2006, 08:50:34 PM »

I hope that some mention of this community is acknowledged...after all, the liner-notes of CD will likely have to include a fold-out poster with a timeline just to make sense of everyone who contributed in it's creation - what will one more mention hurt?

LMAO... so very true

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2006, 08:55:50 PM »

they should just keep it personal , but proffessional and thank their family members , and thats it
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2006, 08:58:45 PM »

I hope that some mention of this community is acknowledged...after all, the liner-notes of CD will likely have to include a fold-out poster with a timeline just to make sense of everyone who contributed in it's creation - what will one more mention hurt?

LMAO... so very true

I meant it tongue-in-cheek, but at the same time, I'd be all for it - what an amazing story there must be behind the writing and recording of this album.  Legal issues excluded - and I assume there are many - I'd appreciate anything, visuals included - that could help "map out" all that went into Chinese Democracy...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2006, 10:20:19 PM »

I was just sitting here thinking about Axl's comments about the guy in Ireland sitting behind a computer, and I began wondering what percentage of each concert is familiar with HTGTH and other GNR boards.  CD will be the first 'real' album GNR has released since the age of the internet, and i'm sure they're aware of the exposure HTGTH has helped to give them.  I wonder if there will be a thank you or a shout out to HTGTH or Jarmo in the liner notes of CD.  GNR could really use that to capitalize on promotion.  what do y'all think? 

I would be surprised if they did not.
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2006, 12:16:02 AM »

there will be a mention to the fans...probably not HTGTH by name though...
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2006, 10:50:53 AM »

wouldnt be surprised at all if i saw jarmos name sowewhere  Wink

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2006, 10:52:59 AM »

wouldnt be surprised at all if i saw jarmos name sowewhere  Wink

Yes...... the album booklet will be an insightful read!

Jonx

SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2006, 02:13:57 PM »

No offense to Jarmo, but that would be ridiculous.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
EFISH
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »

Why? He's been running the biggest GNR site for over a decade. It's not a big deal either way, I think it's nice enough that GNR is giving him some recognition though. It seems they are trying to get closer to the fans lately.
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2006, 02:28:47 PM »

Why? He's been running the biggest GNR site for over a decade. It's not a big deal either way, I think it's nice enough that GNR is giving him some recognition though. It seems they are trying to get closer to the fans lately.

yes, I respect Jarmo has been running this site for over a decade in support, and I really admire him for that, but mentioning him personally is going a bit too far now isn't it? It's not like he actually worked on the cd or anything. If anything, it should just say 'to all the GnR fans who stuck by us' or something similar. It shouldn't go so far as to naming individual people on GnR boards.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
EFISH
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2006, 02:30:21 PM »

yes, I respect Jarmo has been running this site for over a decade in support, and I really admire him for that, but mentioning him personally is going a bit too far now isn't it? It's not like he actually worked on the cd or anything. If anything, it should just say 'to all the GnR fans who stuck by us' or something similar. It shouldn't go so far as to naming individual people on GnR boards.
And that's probably exactally what itll say. I dont think Jarmo will get a mention, but if he does I would personally be pretty excited for him.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2006, 03:18:26 PM »

i doubt it....this site doesnt really give GNR exposure...it is filled with GNR fanatics.....this site pretty much just preaches to the choir......those who are here are already fans of the band....
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2006, 06:01:01 PM »

My answer is just like my asian friends dad ordering a chicken sandwich

"Grilled or Crispy, sir?"
"Uh yes"
"Excuse me, grilled or crispy?"
"Uh, sure... why not?"

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2006, 06:12:06 PM »

I really hope they do.  My delusions of grandeur cannot suffer another blow, after I wasn't personally thanked for the Illusion albums.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: