Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:55:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An Axl side project would be nice (not what you think)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Axl side project would be nice (not what you think)  (Read 3929 times)
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« on: October 31, 2006, 02:29:59 PM »

I was thinking yesterday that back in mid 90's it was a lot of talkin' about the interest of Axl in turning to the "Industrial sound", we have heard My World, OMG and Silkworms... it all have been criticized hardly.

I understand why people don't like this kind of experiments inside GNR, but I personally find OMG a very good song, maybe not much GNR but a good song anyway. It has great lyirics. and I listen to some industrial bands myself.

I wonder if Axl has more material like this, and I think it will be great if he realeases it sometime. Maybe with a different band name, that allows him to experiment a little more.

What do you think ?

//JK
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 02:36:37 PM »

I think if he really wanted to experiment with that industrial sound more heavily, then yes I agree 100% with you.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 02:38:10 PM »

I think you are opening a whole can of worms here. Because there is a very much dead horse argument that back in the mid 1990s Axl should have just taken some time off from gnr and released a solo record or two under his own name and then returned to gnr with all the old members and did the gnr thing again after getting that out of his system.

Instead, Axl chose to take gnr itself in that direction and as a result the old band members left because they weren't interested in playing that kind of music.

So at this point, gnr will play whatever kind of music Axl wants it to play. If he wanted to release an industrial record it would be under the gnr name.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 03:08:23 PM »

I belive it would be kool to have those recordings released. It seems if it was on track to what OMG was it would be interesting to hear. I don't see himself releasing any of that material but it could happen after his death, depending what happens to the rights of his music.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 03:25:03 PM »

I belive it would be kool to have those recordings released. It seems if it was on track to what OMG was it would be interesting to hear.

Yeah, that's what I say, I think that if Axl made some more music like OMG, maybe the reaction of the fans was dissapointing for him... at least he's not playin' OMG anymore.

I would like to hear that music, I would buy it immediately.
Maybe with a different name it would be easier to release it and not to deal with all the critics.

//JK
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 03:30:09 PM »

I don't think Axl could "compartmentalize" that way- i.e. "ok. this is for my solo record." and "this for Guns". I think it's pretty much all one in the same for him. The guy gives 120% of himself to Guns N' Roses... and I think he only releases music that he thinks will truly move people. Having a side techno project and then trying to compromise his way through another GN'R album with the old guys- probably would have cluttered that objective a great deal. Probably figured it was better to pull it all together into one creative process- and since he held the cards- the old guys could jump on board or fall by the way side... but at least he felt that the music wouldn't be sacrificed.

Anyway... tracks like "Oh My God" or "Silkworms" were probably just steps along the way.... kind of like the "Crash Diet"'s and "Just Another Sunday"'s of the new band.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: