Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:14:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Heard something (partially) odd on Sirius Radio today...(RUMORED CD DATE!)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heard something (partially) odd on Sirius Radio today...(RUMORED CD DATE!)  (Read 45939 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2006, 11:02:23 AM »

No...my opinion is my opinion...nothing more.? Why do I need definitive proof to give my opinion that it's NOT coming out next Tuesday?

You said:

There are now 8 Tuesdays left...next week is out, and so is the 14th at this point. 

"Next week is out" is a definitive statement of fact.  Saying it that way makes it sound like you have recieved definitive proof that completely rules it out.  That's not the case.  YOUR OPINION is that next week is out.  It might be a well reasoned opinion based on all the things you cited, but it's not a fact. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Sweet Black Magic
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2006, 11:03:11 AM »

No...my opinion is my opinion...nothing more.? Why do I need definitive proof to give my opinion that it's NOT coming out next Tuesday?

You needed definitive proof when you stated that it's NOT coming out this year.

I said I'm sticking with my original prediction of NEVER. ?A prediciton is not fact. ?We'll see in a couple of weeks if more people start jumping off the bandwagon again. ?CD is Axl's "SMiLE."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »

what GH has made for the label (we discussed this an conservatively came to a number between 8 and 10 million)

I thought it was the number of the copies (gh's reaching to 4 platinum discs us alone) that were shipped/sold and it should have been more than enough to cover Uni's investment? Huh

I'm using the very conservative numbers from our previous discussion so as not to stir up the debate again.  You're right in that the median number was about 12 to 18 million worldwide and that would cover the advance.  Again, I went lowball so as not to open up that whole can of worms again.

Together again,
Sweet Black Magic
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2006, 11:05:07 AM »

You said:

There are now 8 Tuesdays left...next week is out, and so is the 14th at this point.?

"Next week is out" is a definitive statement of fact.? Saying it that way makes it sound like you have recieved definitive proof that completely rules it out.? That's not the case.? YOUR OPINION is that next week is out.? It might be a well reasoned opinion based on all the things you cited, but it's not a fact.?

Wow...well, all you "believers" can keep drinking that Kool Aid if you want, but if you HONESTLY believe it's going to drop in 5 days out of the blue then you need to ease up on the meds. ?I think "next week is out" is about as factual as it gets.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2006, 11:10:03 AM »

You said:

There are now 8 Tuesdays left...next week is out, and so is the 14th at this point.?

"Next week is out" is a definitive statement of fact.? Saying it that way makes it sound like you have recieved definitive proof that completely rules it out.? That's not the case.? YOUR OPINION is that next week is out.? It might be a well reasoned opinion based on all the things you cited, but it's not a fact.?

Wow...well, all you "believers" can keep drinking that Kool Aid if you want, but if you HONESTLY believe it's going to drop in 5 days out of the blue then you need to ease up on the meds. ?I think "next week is out" is about as factual as it gets.
\

Then feel free to provide the proof.

Til it happens, or we recieve definitive proof,? it's not fact, it's opinion.? That's just reality, man.

As for the 7th being a viable date....read the entire thread.? That's precisely what we're discussing.? You're dismissing it out of hand.? I, too, think it's unlikely.? That's my OPINION.? But it's not yet a fact.? It would be nice if someone "in the know" would step down and either confirm or deny the rumor, but....barring that I think we just gotta wait til Tuesday and see whats what.

Oh, and I don't think implying those that believe the rumor actually is possible and plausable, especially given all the good discussion in this thread, are crazy is perhaps the best way to bolster your point.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 11:12:52 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2006, 11:13:33 AM »

21 of November is not far away..And 21 of November isn?t a bad release date..If i were Axl..I would drop the album then...

It?s perfect  Grin...Christmas is comming up...And so on...It would be bad to release it in mid 2007.. yes

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2006, 01:36:04 PM »

I never post or reply here (although I'm on here daily at times Roll Eyes ), but as a GnR fan and Sirius subscriber I felt the need to keep this topic alive.? Reason being, much like others have been saying I've been hearing so much GnR lately that there is almost no point in carrying around an iPod anymore.? Take today for example, it's only 1:30 p.m. EST and I've already been notified of GnR songs 7 times.? The one thing that got my attention this morning though was that the Hair Nation DJ said that she had some "world shattering" GnR news, or something to that effect.? Now I'm a UPS driver so normally, I'd be able to listen for a while longer, but today my daughter had a 2 hour early dismissal from her elementary school, so I won't be able to listen.? drool

Just thought that I'd bring it to some of the other Sirius listeners to keep an ear on that station to see if anything comes to fruition.

Later
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2006, 01:39:59 PM »

I never post or reply here (although I'm on here daily at times Roll Eyes ), but as a GnR fan and Sirius subscriber I felt the need to keep this topic alive.  Reason being, much like others have been saying I've been hearing so much GnR lately that there is almost no point in carrying around an iPod anymore.  Take today for example, it's only 1:30 p.m. EST and I've already been notified of GnR songs 7 times.  The one thing that got my attention this morning though was that the Hair Nation DJ said that she had some "world shattering" GnR news, or something to that effect.  Now I'm a UPS driver so normally, I'd be able to listen for a while longer, but today my daughter had a 2 hour early dismissal from her elementary school, so I won't be able to listen.  drool

Just thought that I'd bring it to some of the other Sirius listeners to keep an ear on that station to see if anything comes to fruition.

Later

God, I hope you are right and they do have some "world Shattering" news and it's not some lame ass reason to get people to listen.  Timesa waist'n.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »

The one thing that got my attention this morning though was that the Hair Nation DJ said that she had some "world shattering" GnR news, or something to that effect.

Siriusly?  hihi

That's awesome!!! thanks for posting!  anyone have a listen to find out what was said?

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2006, 01:45:30 PM »

The one thing that got my attention this morning though was that the Hair Nation DJ said that she had some "world shattering" GnR news, or something to that effect.

Siriusly?? hihi

HAHAHA!!! Good one... Shame I don't have sirius, though Sad

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2006, 01:47:48 PM »

Yeah, hopefully it's at least bigger than the "BIG" Kiss news that was teased earlier in the morning. ?Unless you were to consider Kiss Coffee shops across the country "BIG" news. ? rofl
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2006, 01:50:02 PM »

What if the band releases the album on iTunes at the same moment they issue the press release...and then a few days later at your local record store? That would be nice!

Undecided Cool
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2006, 02:10:52 PM »

I'll be listening to Tawn on the way home in about 30 min or so...and I've got well over an hour ride home.  Hopefully she'll say something more on the subject.

Together again,
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2006, 02:37:53 PM »

I just want to add my .02 cents. I have believed from the beginning that whenever CD came out, it was just going to be there. I don't know why. I always felt I was going to go into a record store one day, and it would be there. I look at it this way. There's really not much promotion this cd needs. We have been talking about it for years. How much more promotion does it need? And if it's promoted to the max, and stinks, that's even more money wasted. Word of mouth is so much better, because it's free! I mean, imagine driving in your car, listening to the radio, and the DJ comes on and says they just picked up the new GNR. Even as a semi-fan, wouldn't you be a little curious as to how it sounds?? There's nothing worse than having something like a movie hyped to all hell, getting "rave reviews", and then you go see it and it sucks ass. You can't please everyone. There are people who won't like the cd, and there will be people who love it. Instead of telling people what to think of the album, it will be up to us to judge it, good or bad.

As far as all this talk on Sirius, I don't own one, but if I was hearing all this talk over such a short time I'd be excited. This is the first time that someone has talked about a release date, and not gotten it from a message board somewhere. We will know the answer soon enough, either way. So just relax and enjoy the ride.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
gnrbus
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts When?

« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2006, 02:48:09 PM »

I have Sirius, what times is this announcement going to take place? I live on the East coast.
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2006, 02:50:16 PM »

I have Sirius, what times is this announcement going to take place? I live on the East coast.

From what I gather from the posts, they did not give a time.

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
gnrbus
Opening Act

« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2006, 02:50:41 PM »

From what I gather from the posts, they did not give a time.

What station is having it?
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2006, 02:54:06 PM »

The post from above say The HairNation. Undecided

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
gnrbus
Opening Act

« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2006, 02:55:25 PM »

I'll check it out, but I know i'm wasting my time.
gnrbus
Opening Act

« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2006, 03:00:15 PM »

What terrible music there playing, Cinderella  Embarrassed
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: