Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  John Fuckin' Kerry sticks his foot in his mouth again! Disrespects U.S troops!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Fuckin' Kerry sticks his foot in his mouth again! Disrespects U.S troops!  (Read 28867 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2006, 03:05:25 PM »

Anyway, regarding Frankenstein, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to the Democratic Party, because now there's no chance he'll get the nomination in '08.  Praise God.

Thats a bit of a red herring since Kerry wasnt going to get it anyway.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2006, 03:06:09 PM »

Anyway, regarding Frankenstein, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to the Democratic Party, because now there's no chance he'll get the nomination in '08.? Praise God.

I think the chances of that were slim to none anyway.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2006, 03:16:53 PM »

John Kerry's arrogance prevents him from hearing his words as an average American would hear them
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2006, 03:36:37 PM »

John Kerry's arrogance prevents him from hearing his words as an average American would hear them

Wrong.

1. He misspoke.  The line apparently was different on paper from the way he delivered it.  If one misspeaks, theres really no way to consider how it might sound to others.

2. It was taken out of context.  He was delivering jabs at the president in the speech, with no reference to the troops that Ive seen, yet some choose to believe it was about the latter over the former.  The context must be considered.

Its the "average Americans" (assuming you believe that the average American believes the Right-Wing spin on this) laziness, stubborness, and/or gullibility that prevents them from understanding John Kerrys words as he intended them.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2006, 04:16:56 PM »

Anyway, regarding Frankenstein, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to the Democratic Party, because now there's no chance he'll get the nomination in '08.? Praise God.

Thats a bit of a red herring since Kerry wasnt going to get it anyway.

Right, a red herring within a red herring.  Welcome to hell.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2006, 04:58:35 PM »

I think it is wrong to even suggest a comment like this in a time of war!

I'm curious, maybe you could show us when we actually declared war?

The U.S. didn't just walk into Iraq with presents and open arms for Saddam Hussein?

I believe Bush also declared war on terrorists and any country who harbours terrorists right after Septemeber 11th 2001.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2006, 05:03:06 PM »

Thrust into the midst of the midterm election campaign, Sen.
John Kerry apologized Wednesday to "any service member, family member or American who was offended" by remarks deemed by Republicans and Democrats alike to be insulting to U.S. forces in
Iraq.

Six days before the election, the 2004 Democratic presidential nominee said he sincerely regretted his words were "misinterpreted to imply anything negative about those in uniform."

In a brief statement, Kerry attacked
President Bush for a "failed security policy." Yet his apology, issued after prominent Democrats had urged him to cancel public appearances, was designed to quell a controversy that party leaders feared would stall their drive for big gains on Nov. 7.

Kerry beat a gradual retreat in his return to the national campaign spotlight. Earlier in the day, appearing on the radio program "Imus in the Morning," the Massachusetts senator said he was "sorry about a botched joke" about President Bush. He heaped praise on the troops, adamantly accused Republicans of twisting his words and said it was the commander in chief and his aides who "owe America an apology for this disaster in Iraq."

Democrats cringed, though, at the prospect of the Massachusetts senator becoming the face of the party for the second consecutive national campaign. "No one wants to have the 2004 election replayed," said Sen.
Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »

I understand the apology from a political POV, esp with elections less then a week away...but the more I think about it, the more I don't think he had to at all.  He is right, hes not the one who should be sorry, the douche bags in the white house should be.

This was such an obvious mistake/goof up of a dumb joke - even the talking heads on the right and the far right think so.  The media is a joke and never should have made this top news yesterday.  I'm sure most of america just heard the sound bite and that was that.  This reminds me so much of Howard Dean, except this won't have an impact on the elections.

Bush is an asshole too, his firey response was just soooooo overblown.  Everyone knows this was just an accident on Kerrys part....

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2006, 05:18:14 PM »

Wrong.

1. He misspoke.? The line apparently was different on paper from the way he delivered it.? If one misspeaks, theres really no way to consider how it might sound to others.

2. It was taken out of context.? He was delivering jabs at the president in the speech, with no reference to the troops that Ive seen, yet some choose to believe it was about the latter over the former.? The context must be considered.

Its the "average Americans" (assuming you believe that the average American believes the Right-Wing spin on this) laziness, stubborness, and/or gullibility that prevents them from understanding John Kerrys words as he intended them.

No matter how many ways and times this is explained it isn't going to matter. ?People will read what they want to from it. ?I have been looking for the entire speech so it can be read in context but haven't had any luck finding it. ?

I think it is wrong to even suggest a comment like this in a time of war!

I'm curious, maybe you could show us when we actually declared war?

The U.S. didn't just walk into Iraq with presents and open arms for Saddam Hussein?

I believe Bush also declared war on terrorists and any country who harbours terrorists right after Septemeber 11th 2001.

Oh silly me, I thought we were looking for WMDs. ?Oh no then we were looking for terrorists, oh wait, as I remember recently it was fully admitted (by the senate report and 9/11 commission) that Iraq and Sept. 11 had no ties. ?So, what reason is it again?

The fact that this comment was taken so out of context really does speak volumes about the average American, and not in a good way. ?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »

Oh silly me, I thought we were looking for WMDs.  Oh no then we were looking for terrorists, oh wait, as I remember recently it was fully admitted (by the senate report and 9/11 commission) that Iraq and Sept. 11 had no ties.  So, what reason is it again?

WMD's (i.e. Sarin nerve gas) were found. And Irag was already known to harbour terrorists before the U.S. led invasion.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2006, 05:35:42 PM »

WMD's (i.e. Sarin nerve gas) were found. And Irag was already known to harbour terrorists before the U.S. led invasion.

hihi

Not even the White House is pushing that silliness.  Thats straying off-topic though.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2006, 05:47:34 PM »

hihi

Not even the White House is pushing that silliness.  Thats straying off-topic though.

How can you take Sarin gas with humour and so lightly after Saddam used it to kill thousands and thousands of Kurds?

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2006, 07:18:28 PM »

hihi

How can you take Sarin gas with humour and so lightly after Saddam used it to kill thousands and thousands of Kurds?

Dude COME ON.  You've got to be kidding.  This isn't even worth addressing.  So we invaded Iraq for Sarin gas?  I think the hot air blowing out of you is more dangerous.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2006, 07:23:56 PM »

hihi

Dude COME ON.  You've got to be kidding.  This isn't even worth addressing.  So we invaded Iraq for Sarin gas?  I think the hot air blowing out of you is more dangerous.

Hot air? Tell that to the thousands and thousands of Kurds and their families Saddam killed intentionally!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 07:25:59 PM by Drew » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2006, 07:57:47 PM »

Like this?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2006, 08:01:55 PM »

Like this?

Great response.  I hadn't seen that before.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2006, 08:02:33 PM »

hihi

Hot air? Tell that to the thousands and thousands of Kurds and their families Saddam killed intentionally!

Do you honestly mean to tell us that we invaded Iraq over Sarin gas?  Yes or No.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2006, 08:18:45 PM »

Do you honestly mean to tell us that we invaded Iraq over Sarin gas?  Yes or No.

Yes, for WMD's. And Sarin gas was eventually found.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2006, 08:23:41 PM »

Like this?

Another politican making a disrepectful comment. Ubsurd! rant

But come on, wasn't everyone there making fun of Bush anyways. That's what the Press dinner is for. Make fun of Bush and Bush makes fun of himself. I think I'm starting the same Kerry defense for Bush now. hihi Roll Eyes

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2006, 09:39:49 PM »

Do you honestly mean to tell us that we invaded Iraq over Sarin gas?? Yes or No.

Yes, for WMD's. And Sarin gas was eventually found.

Sarin gas that dated back to before Operation Desert Storm.

But I don't even think you believe what you are typing.  You are just reaching at this point and are totally off topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: