Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:13:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  John Fuckin' Kerry sticks his foot in his mouth again! Disrespects U.S troops!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Fuckin' Kerry sticks his foot in his mouth again! Disrespects U.S troops!  (Read 28866 times)
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 07:11:28 PM »

the world looks very different if you live outside of the US.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 07:11:39 PM »

I like John Kerry and think this is just a bunch of bullshit blown just a little tooooo much out of proportion by a bunch of lazy fat ass republicans who have way too much time on there hands...  Roll Eyes Im glad to see that Bush cares so much for the troops.

So it's bullshit to call U.S. troops uneducated?

Drew, you keep repeating the same stuff over and over again.....read what most here are saying.  I'm curious what you think about my question too....do you believe that is what kerry was REALLY saying?  Not WHAT did he say, or how did it come out, but his TRUE meaning, his TRUE thoughts???  be honest.

Hahaha I believe he's due the "You're a towel" treatment.  hihi

HAHHAHA nice  ok  I got yelled at last time I did that.  Sad

It's like he feels if he says it enough times some of us will start to believe it.  This is junk news as far as I'm concerned.  With so much REAL stuff to talk about like Iraq, N. Korea, healthcare, social security, corrupt congressman, dirty emails....this just is such a non issue in the big picture of things.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 07:14:46 PM »

I like John Kerry and think this is just a bunch of bullshit blown just a little tooooo much out of proportion by a bunch of lazy fat ass republicans who have way too much time on there hands...? Roll Eyes Im glad to see that Bush cares so much for the troops.

Drew, you keep repeating the same stuff over and over again.....read what most here are saying.? I'm curious what you think about my question too....do you believe that is what kerry was REALLY saying?? Not WHAT did he say, or how did it come out, but his TRUE meaning, his TRUE thoughts?Huh be honest.

Hahaha I believe he's due the "You're a towel" treatment.? hihi

HAHHAHA nice? ok? I got yelled at last time I did that.? Sad

It's like he feels if he says it enough times some of us will start to believe it.? This is junk news as far as I'm concerned.? With so much REAL stuff to talk about like Iraq, N. Korea, healthcare, social security, corrupt congressman, dirty emails....this just is such a non issue in the big picture of things.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?  Iraq, N. Korea, healthcare, social security??? Why would the Republicans care about crap like that when you have (duh, duh, duh) "gays" wanting to be married  Shocked  or disabled people wanting stem cell research to be legalized so they won't be disabled anymore. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 07:19:19 PM »

I like John Kerry and think this is just a bunch of bullshit blown just a little tooooo much out of proportion by a bunch of lazy fat ass republicans who have way too much time on there hands...  Roll Eyes Im glad to see that Bush cares so much for the troops.

Drew, you keep repeating the same stuff over and over again.....read what most here are saying.  I'm curious what you think about my question too....do you believe that is what kerry was REALLY saying?  Not WHAT did he say, or how did it come out, but his TRUE meaning, his TRUE thoughts???  be honest.

Hahaha I believe he's due the "You're a towel" treatment.  hihi

HAHHAHA nice  ok  I got yelled at last time I did that.  Sad

It's like he feels if he says it enough times some of us will start to believe it.  This is junk news as far as I'm concerned.  With so much REAL stuff to talk about like Iraq, N. Korea, healthcare, social security, corrupt congressman, dirty emails....this just is such a non issue in the big picture of things.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?  Iraq, N. Korea, healthcare, social security??? Why would the Republicans care about crap like that when you have (duh, duh, duh) "gays" wanting to be married  Shocked  or disabled people wanting stem cell research to be legalized so they won't be disabled anymore. 

Dude, you forgot the BIGGEST menace to society....the gay, flag burning, disabled person who wants stem cell research to be legalized.   rofl  I mean, who cares about IRAN!!!!!  rofl rofl rofl

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 07:19:30 PM »

It's really hard to tell. I mean, I can't go inside Kerry's head and see what he is thinking. All I can do is listen/read his comment.

If anything, he should atleast apologize for saying it.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 07:34:04 PM »

It's really hard to tell. I mean, I can't go inside Kerry's head and see what he is thinking. All I can do is listen/read his comment.

If anything, he should atleast apologize for saying it.

But wait, if its hard to tell, and you can't go into his mind....shouldn't his explanation be enough then?  An apology would be an admission of guilt...he didn't do anything wrong except mess up his words.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2006, 07:39:56 PM »

But wait, if its hard to tell, and you can't go into his mind....shouldn't his explanation be enough then?  An apology would be an admission of guilt...he didn't do anything wrong except mess up his words.

So are you saying that whatever anyone says in the future we should just take it as mis-spoken words if it offends someone?

What he says looks plain and simple to me. I can't see how any of it can be taken out of context and/or mistorted. It is what it is.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2006, 07:48:49 PM »

But wait, if its hard to tell, and you can't go into his mind....shouldn't his explanation be enough then?? An apology would be an admission of guilt...he didn't do anything wrong except mess up his words.

So are you saying that whatever anyone says in the future we should just take it as mis-spoken words if it offends someone?

What he says looks plain and simple to me. I can't see how any of it can be taken out of context and/or mistorted. It is what it is.

From bbc.com on George Bush's talking to god.
Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ?" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

So what you're saying is.....I shouldn't look into things......what is in print is the way it is?  In that case holy shit, we have a fruit loop for a president!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2006, 07:49:20 PM »

the Republican October surprise is......

Mr. John Kerry!!!!

not only did he fumble away the white house for the dems, he may fumble away a second golden opportunity for the dems to win control. it's on a silver platter again, and luckily for the dems, i don't think kerry can piss this one away. but he did destroy some momentum.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2006, 07:52:36 PM »

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ?" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

So what you're saying is.....I shouldn't look into things......what is in print is the way it is?  In that case holy shit, we have a fruit loop for a president!

Well, in that case, Bush DID mean what he said  rofl

sandman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 07:54:28 PM »

i believe kerry said EXACTLY what he meant. for two reasons:

1. Bush has a degree and is educated. so it wouldn't make any sense at all to think that comment was directed at him.

2. i hear liberals criticize the army all the time. they complain that the army recruits POOR high school kids. and that they brainwash them into thinking they do not have any other options in life.

in fact, kerry said exactly what i hear all my far left wing friends say all the time.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 07:57:10 PM »

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »

Yes, I guess. Because he probably just mis-spoke and ended up being bullshit and blown way out of proportion.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 08:04:14 PM »

kerry's response today was pathetic. he brings up Rush to try to remind everyone that we should be talking about that. then he throws out the "strawman" comment. he sounded like a talk show host, not a leader.

then he basically says that as a veteran, he wouldn't criticize our troops. BUT he had no problem stating the following in 1971....

"According to Kerry, some of the 150 veterans admitted they "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam..."
 ?

mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 08:07:39 PM »

thats harsh, but its true.  majority of the grunts or soldiers, whatever you want to call them are there because they dont have a great education.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 08:08:35 PM »

kerry's response today was pathetic. he brings up Rush to try to remind everyone that we should be talking about that. then he throws out the "strawman" comment. he sounded like a talk show host, not a leader.

then he basically says that as a veteran, he wouldn't criticize our troops. BUT he had no problem stating the following in 1971....

"According to Kerry, some of the 150 veterans admitted they "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam..."

Is it criticizing to point out truth/fact, even if its grossly unflattering???

I guess we should just bury our heads in the sand when something bad comes along.....like a congressman sending dirty emails to an underage boy?

Sad arguement dude.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 08:11:32 PM »

i believe kerry said EXACTLY what he meant. for two reasons:

1. Bush has a degree and is educated. so it wouldn't make any sense at all to think that comment was directed at him.

2. i hear liberals criticize the army all the time. they complain that the army recruits POOR high school kids. and that they brainwash them into thinking they do not have any other options in life.

in fact, kerry said exactly what i hear all my far left wing friends say all the time.

In the context of his entire speech, not just that sentence, it was obvious he was trying to make fun of Bush.  Prior to the comment he was doing a series of one liners all making fun of him...why all of a sudden, would he switch gears and rip on the troops??  C'mon, use common sense here.

Your 2nd point is typical republican nonsense....so one guy says something and now ALL of us think it?  Pathetic dude...pathetic.  The Reps will try the same thing tonight but its not going to work.  Kerrys response was classic and dead on.

New AOL.com poll out - was kerrys comments deliberaly insulting or a botched joke...results last time i saw were 54/36.  not as bad as the 70/30 when the question was "was the comment insulting or not insulting".

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 08:25:08 PM »

This is nothing but Repulican desperation creating media-aided hype.  Its very simple: John Kerry made a poorly worded joke about the president and the war.  Its evident in the context and in the delivery.  Its a point hes made repeatedly. He made a joke a few weeks back on Bill Mahers show that conservatives similarly misconstrued to mean he wanted to assassinate the president.  Believe it or not, Bush has a reputation for lacking smarts, and a political rival took a jab about it.  Now the moral of the story may be for Kerry to stop making jokes or get a better writer, but except for a few dim, stubborn folks, everyone now knows what John Kerry meant (even Bill O'Reilly); theyre just feigning outrage and indignation as a last-minute distraction.   
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

This is nothing but Repulican desperation creating media-aided hype. 

It's alot more than that! And it is simple, it was purely a slap in the face to our troops.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »

This is nothing but Repulican desperation creating media-aided hype.  Its very simple: John Kerry made a poorly worded joke about the president and the war.  Its evident in the context and in the delivery.  Its a point hes made repeatedly. He made a joke a few weeks back on Bill Mahers show that conservatives similarly misconstrued to mean he wanted to assassinate the president.  Believe it or not, Bush has a reputation for lacking smarts, and a political rival took a jab about it.  Now the moral of the story may be for Kerry to stop making jokes or get a better writer, but except for a few dim, stubborn folks, everyone now knows what John Kerry meant (even Bill O'Reilly); theyre just feigning outrage and indignation as a last-minute distraction.   

Did O'reilly chime in? what did he say?  I know chris matthews said that reading the full transcript it's clear that Kerry was insulting the president, not the troops. Dick Armey was on at the time with him and essentially agreed and laughed about how funny it was that the GOP was feigning mock outrage.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: