Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:33:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  October 31 - Jacksonville, FL @ Veterans Memorial Arena
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 31 - Jacksonville, FL @ Veterans Memorial Arena  (Read 59565 times)
Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2006, 07:54:38 PM »

Anyone  thinking about a pre-party.  My girlfriend and I will be there, not tailgating though.  Is anyone going to a local bar before the show?

It don't really matter...
Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2006, 07:58:45 PM »

PS....I think Jarmo needs to start his Us Tour a week early and join us in J'ville Wink

It don't really matter...
ZSmasher
Opening Act

Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way.

« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2006, 02:19:05 AM »

Anyone? thinking about a pre-party.? My girlfriend and I will be there, not tailgating though.? Is anyone going to a local bar before the show?
That woulda been cool, but now I'm gunna be rushing up there after I take the kids trick or treating...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2006, 10:01:05 AM »

Anyone  thinking about a pre-party.  My girlfriend and I will be there, not tailgating though.  Is anyone going to a local bar before the show?

Great idea, but Ill be rolling into town about 7:30 when the show starts. I have to work that day & Im coming from Brevard Co.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
duasoul
Opening Act

I'm a One-Man Idiot

« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2006, 10:37:31 PM »

Sounds great, but sadly I'm taking my 16 year old brother with me, who in no way could pass for 18 or 21.

"Postpone not a good action." - Irish Proverb
ZSmasher
Opening Act

« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2006, 10:00:59 PM »

my excitement is building, it is getting so close now...

I did notice that they dropped the 38.50 ticket prices down to 25 bucks, guess they are trying to push to get more seats filled.  I know it appears a bunch of tickets were back up, likely due to the date change, I wonder how full it will be.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

According to the map on TM, it doesnt look like the venue is as big as Tampa or Sunrise, but bigger than Estero. Being on a weeknight & Halloween along with the majority fan base being late 20's-30's, not sure how much of a sellout its gonna be. I had to completely re-arrange my schedule and my wife is taking 1/2 day off work so we can go.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
EFISH
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2006, 10:51:17 PM »

And to think, if I was 4 months older, I'd have a license and could drive to this show Angry Grin Grin

Everyone going, have alot of fun! Who knows the next time they'll be back in Florida!  yes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2006, 11:19:45 PM »

We'll be there with bells on.
ZSmasher
Opening Act

« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2006, 12:22:48 AM »

they have the capacity listed at 16,000 according to thier website
schtingmon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2006, 11:48:08 AM »

Received this email from ticketmaster: (Sounds like they are having trouble with attendance).  I myself had to cancel due to it being Halloween and during the week:

Take advantage Huge savings! Purchase your discounted tickets now to see Guns N' Roses at Veterans Memorial Arena.

Guns N' Roses have moved their Jacksonville, FL show to the 31st of October, Halloween. The show at Veterans Memorial Arena which was originally due to take place on the 20th of October will now be a Halloween celebration with tricks and treats, and fans are encouraged to attend the show in their Halloween costume.

Special guests Sebastian Bach and Papa Roach will kick the evening off at 8 and 9 pm, respectively, before Guns N' Roses hits the stage after 10 pm for a festive night. Tickets for the October 20th date will be honored for the new date.

Special Offer:
~Regularly priced $81 tickets discounted to $54.50(floor seats excluded).
~Regularly priced $44.50 tickets discounted to $31.

Select number of tickets in the "TM Promotion" box and enjoy the savings. Your discount will be reflected at check out page.

This offer is only valid while limited supplies last.

Event Information
all times are local
Tue, 10/31/06
08:00 PM Guns N' Roses
Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena - Jacksonville Find Ticketson sale now 

olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »

I'm going as well w/ a friend, but i have an extra floor standing seat if anyone wants, asking for around face value, so message me if youre interested.

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2006, 06:22:57 PM »

Some kind of special promo going on now. Seats in my section are now $48.50 ( I paid full price weeks ago).

Rescheduling for Halloween probrally was not their best idea, lots of people wont make it who were going on Oct 20th.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ZSmasher
Opening Act

« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2006, 09:05:21 PM »

Some kind of special promo going on now. Seats in my section are now $48.50 ( I paid full price weeks ago).

Rescheduling for Halloween probrally was not their best idea, lots of people wont make it who were going on Oct 20th.

Yea, I am going with my brother now since we couldn't get a baby sitter for the wife to go.   I can't complain about the discounted tickets since I got free ones off the radio, pretty crappy seats, but you get what you pay for.  heh heh
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2006, 03:15:45 PM »

any news yet?  How are the radio stations handling this?

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2006, 08:00:03 PM »

any updates???
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2006, 09:58:29 PM »

My first post.

Is there any news fro anybody from the show yet?

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2006, 10:00:54 PM »

there's 2 threads where there's updates under the regular Gn'R section under Jacksonville thread. 
ZSmasher
Opening Act

« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2006, 05:00:50 AM »

My Review:

Just making it to the stage before Halloween came to a close, Guns n Roses provided many treats to those in attendance.

Axl Rose appearing on stage in horns (possibly to acknowledge his persona) was enough to keep fans in the spirit even past the stroke of midnight.

That sight alone, made the cheesy Wal-Mart bought inflatable d?cor thrown together forgivable. The man himself felt it was necessary to announce during the show that he was not responsible for picking it out.

The technical and theatrical competence demonstrated on stage proved that this incarnation of GNR is as deserving as those previously accepted. And was it just me, or were their hints of Lynyrd Skynyrd's ?Free Bird? thrown into the piano solo?

The Gunners played a solid two hour set. All the standards were represented with a couple of new songs mixed in to justify the ?Chinese Democracy Tour? label and merchandise being sold.

Some may say that attendance was disappointing. The upper level was closed off and people were relocated to fill in the lower sections. But when considering what the rescheduling put people up against, I think those that could show up did in a big way.

The show went off with out a hitch and there were no tricks to be played?unless you count the way many might feel when they get up in the morning and try to go about their daily routines.

AD
wcleme
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2006, 08:59:34 AM »

I'll just post some quick impressions from the show before I crawl into work today.

Sebastian came on about 8:30 to do his set. Pretty good. I think someone told him to extend his set sometime towards the end. He kept trying to get the band to play Chain Gang but they didn't want to try it. They added one of their new songs to extend the set a bit. He then dissed the crowd and walked off stage, before coming back on about a minute later to close with Youth Gone Wild.

Then there was over an hour wait for Papa Roach. I don't think they came on til close to 10pm. Not much to say here, I'm not a huge fan, lead singer had a lot of energy. They finished around 11pm. At this point the crowd is decent, but a lot of empties and a LOT of room on the floor. I'm thinking the move to Halloween killed their potential sell out, although the stadium down here is pretty big.

GnR came on a few minutes before midnight. Awesome set. First time I've ever seen them live and it was well worth it. When they started up with WTTJ the place exploded. It also looked pretty full when their set started. There's not much to say that hasn't been said in all of the other reviews. Axl still has it, and the band plays absolutely great together. Only did two new songs tonight, Better and the Blues. Both sounded great live. I'm assuming they cut IRS and CD due to the lack of a crowd, and the time they came on. Paradise city encore was amazing though. Always impressive seeing a great indoor pyrotechnics display.

My only complaint was the lack of new material. Most of the fans around me though, had no idea a new album was coming out yet alone the fact that GnR was going to perform new songs tonight. In my opinion they need to announce a release date and get the PR machine rolling. The crowd seemed very receptive to the new material.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: