Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  October 31 - Jacksonville, FL @ Veterans Memorial Arena
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 31 - Jacksonville, FL @ Veterans Memorial Arena  (Read 59501 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 08:53:59 AM »

This SUCKS!!!  I had 10th row seats!  I'm pissed.

I imagine plenty of people will feel that way, just think, some people won't find out til they get there. Not likely to be a good feeling when they are completely oblivious to the change in seating plans.  I bet anyone who purchased off ebay/broker will feel ripped off too. They are charging a lot for what they think are great floor seats. 

When I found out yesterday, I called the venue and they said this was just recently changed and if you bought from Ticketmaster they would contact you. I went ahead and called them and changed my tickets for seated ones. If I showed up and just then found out about the change, there would be hell to pay!!!! I'm sure this will happen to a lot of people.

I don't mind paying a premium for good seats, but with GA you pay the same price and it's a free-for-all. Not a problem for someone of my size, but my wife couldn't hang. Plus, if someone started pushing her around I'd end up getting kicked out or arrested. 

Same situation for me. I think I could handle a GA show but my wife is gonna not be happy. I had 14th row seats I got in the pre sale. I'm not sure if Id be better off getting lower level seats vs staying with my GA. Never been to a GA show so I really dont know what to expect. We are both 33 so I'm not into mosh pits or getting elbowed & shoved excessively. I have a feeling Ill end up inthe back 3rd of the fllor since my wife cant handle being packed in to a crowd & standing for hours on end to keep a good spot. Would I be able to even see the stage from the back of the GA floor?  Any advice?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
duasoul
Opening Act

I'm a One-Man Idiot

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »

This SUCKS!!!  I had 10th row seats!  I'm pissed.

I imagine plenty of people will feel that way, just think, some people won't find out til they get there. Not likely to be a good feeling when they are completely oblivious to the change in seating plans.  I bet anyone who purchased off ebay/broker will feel ripped off too. They are charging a lot for what they think are great floor seats. 

When I found out yesterday, I called the venue and they said this was just recently changed and if you bought from Ticketmaster they would contact you. I went ahead and called them and changed my tickets for seated ones. If I showed up and just then found out about the change, there would be hell to pay!!!! I'm sure this will happen to a lot of people.

I don't mind paying a premium for good seats, but with GA you pay the same price and it's a free-for-all. Not a problem for someone of my size, but my wife couldn't hang. Plus, if someone started pushing her around I'd end up getting kicked out or arrested. 

Same situation for me. I think I could handle a GA show but my wife is gonna not be happy. I had 14th row seats I got in the pre sale. I'm not sure if Id be better off getting lower level seats vs staying with my GA. Never been to a GA show so I really dont know what to expect. We are both 33 so I'm not into mosh pits or getting elbowed & shoved excessively. I have a feeling Ill end up inthe back 3rd of the fllor since my wife cant handle being packed in to a crowd & standing for hours on end to keep a good spot. Would I be able to even see the stage from the back of the GA floor?  Any advice?

Damnit, I had two tickets for the 14th row as well. This pisses me off just a tad bit.

"Postpone not a good action." - Irish Proverb
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 02:41:37 PM »

You're not gonna believe this!!! Now, when you go on ticketmaster & look for tickets, you get sect f1 row 12. In other words they are back to floor seats again?!?  WTF? I am happy as hell about that, but what happens to the GA people who bought in the last couple of days? Maybe Ticketmaster go so much shit about it they went back to the original plan?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 02:43:43 PM by GnRFL » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 03:47:13 PM »

You're not gonna believe this!!! Now, when you go on ticketmaster & look for tickets, you get sect f1 row 12. In other words they are back to floor seats again?!?? WTF? I am happy as hell about that, but what happens to the GA people who bought in the last couple of days? Maybe Ticketmaster go so much shit about it they went back to the original plan?

I just called the venue and they said it's GA and Ticketfucker messed up.

EDIT: I called Ticketmaster and they too confirmed it's GA. They said this has happened in a lot of stops for the tour. Floor is GA through the whole tour. So they fucked this up and seem to continue to do so.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 04:07:49 PM by coondogg » Logged
duasoul
Opening Act

I'm a One-Man Idiot

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 03:50:55 PM »

Yep you need to call ticketmaster asap. I just got off the phone with them, and they had my tickets changed (which were originally Section F1, Row 14) to Section 101, Row L, which is right next to the stage left side of the stage. It was kinda frustrating, because they had no idea of what I was first talking about, as supposedly nobody had told them about it.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 04:06:08 PM »

F1 row 8 is apparently what is selling now.  Huh

This is from TM's site:

"Unfortunately, due to changes associated with production, floor seating is now general admission for Guns N' Roses at Jacksonville Arena on Friday, October 20, 2006.

Due to this change in seating we would like to give you the opportunity to exchange your floor reserved seat for a club reserved seat in the arena, or exchange your tickets for general admission seating, or obtain a full refund, minus any ticketFast or UPS delivery fees. There will be no seating available on the floor.

In order to take advantage of this offer, you must contact us NO LATER THAN deadlineFRIDAY , OCTOBER 13, 2006, BY 12 NOON EASTERN TIME.  Please have your Ticketmaster order confirmation number available in order for a customer service representative to assist you.

If you do not contact us and/or we are not able to reach you by telephone on or before DEADLINE FRIDAY,OCTOBER 13, 2006, BY 12 NOON EASTERN TIME, then we will automatically refund your floor reserved seat and reissue you a general admission floor ticket for the Guns N' Roses concert at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena on Friday, October 20, 2006 at 8:00 p.m..

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the seating you ordered. We really appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future."

Anyone know where the club reserved seats are?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 04:23:32 PM by GnRFL » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 04:34:12 PM »

When I called, they said club seating was 103, 104, 105.....back around to 114. She said there is nothing in 103 or 114. She also said they have seats in 101/116, but the closest row is L (going A-Y, A being closest to floor). She said it may be closer to the stage, but the view is not the best, even more so farther up in rows. I went with 104, row E.
duasoul
Opening Act

I'm a One-Man Idiot

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 05:37:07 PM »

When I called, they said club seating was 103, 104, 105.....back around to 114. She said there is nothing in 103 or 114. She also said they have seats in 101/116, but the closest row is L (going A-Y, A being closest to floor). She said it may be closer to the stage, but the view is not the best, even more so farther up in rows. I went with 104, row E.

Argh, they told me Section 101 and 114 were the only ones open.

ZSmasher
Opening Act

Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way.

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 05:48:43 PM »

In case noone has looked it up, heres some links with more info on the facility:

http://www.jaxevents.com/jacksonvillearena/
http://www.jaxevents.com/jacksonvillearena/jvma_seatingcharts.html
http://www.jaxevents.com/jacksonvillearena/VirtualTour7/Tourviewer_VirtualTour7.html

hopefully, this will help some with the decision on where to relocate.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 05:53:58 PM by ZSmasher » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 06:16:53 PM »

I got switched to 114 sect D. They are the club seats that were referred to, told me they were the best available at this point. He also said it was not their fault, that Guns N Roses were the ones to change things. That was pure bullshit.  Cost me $5.00 more per ticket. I argued with them ( they mention exchanging them on their web site) but they wouldn't do it.  For $10.00 it wasn't worth the time and aggirvation.

Actually I'm not dissapointed with these seats after looking at the venue map. Not far from where my non-existing floor seats were.

If you still have floor seats and dont want GA call ASAP before the rest of the decent seats are gone.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 06:19:42 PM by GnRFL » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 08:28:31 AM »

I got switched to 114 sect D. They are the club seats that were referred to, told me they were the best available at this point. He also said it was not their fault, that Guns N Roses were the ones to change things. That was pure bullshit.? Cost me $5.00 more per ticket. I argued with them ( they mention exchanging them on their web site) but they wouldn't do it.? For $10.00 it wasn't worth the time and aggirvation.

Actually I'm not dissapointed with these seats after looking at the venue map. Not far from where my non-existing floor seats were.

If you still have floor seats and dont want GA call ASAP before the rest of the decent seats are gone.

I could see it being Guns N Roses fault if it was just this one show, but this seems to be the case for a couple otherss. I'm surprised it cost you $5 more per ticket. I've changed mine twice now (had floor, then 105 row D, now 104 row E) and no change in price or extra charge. They kept my same order number all this time. Did they explain why they charged more?
duasoul
Opening Act

I'm a One-Man Idiot

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 09:42:57 AM »

I got switched to 114 sect D. They are the club seats that were referred to, told me they were the best available at this point. He also said it was not their fault, that Guns N Roses were the ones to change things. That was pure bullshit.  Cost me $5.00 more per ticket. I argued with them ( they mention exchanging them on their web site) but they wouldn't do it.  For $10.00 it wasn't worth the time and aggirvation.

I could see it being Guns N Roses fault if it was just this one show, but this seems to be the case for a couple otherss. I'm surprised it cost you $5 more per ticket. I've changed mine twice now (had floor, then 105 row D, now 104 row E) and no change in price or extra charge. They kept my same order number all this time. Did they explain why they charged more?

That's weird I didn't get charged either.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2006, 01:34:17 PM »

They wouldnt explain why they cost more. Just said they were good seats & that was it & that was just the way it is. I e-mailed TM about why.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 07:23:23 PM »

This was in my email today for all those attending Jax show:

Subj: Ticketmaster Event Alert -- Event Update -- Guns N Roses @ Jackso nville Veterans Memoral Arena (FLO EJC1020) 
Date: 10/5/06 7:02:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Reply-to: Firepond_CustomerSupportTM@ticketmaster.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your order for the Friday, October 20, 2006 performance of Guns N' Roses scheduled at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena. Unfortunately, due to changes associated with production, floor seating is now general admission.

Due to this change in seating we would like to give you the opportunity to exchange your floor reserved seat for a club reserved seat in the arena, or exchange your tickets for general admission tickets on the floor, or obtain a full refund, minus any ticketFast or UPS delivery fees. There will be no seating available on the floor.

In order to take advantage of this offer, you must reply to this email NO LATER THAN deadline FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2006, BY 12 NOON EASTERN TIME and include your daytime telephone number and Ticketmaster order confirmation number in order for a customer service representative to contact you.

If you do not contact us and/or we are not able to reach you by telephone on or before Friday, October 13, 2006, BY 12 NOON EASTERN TIME, then we will send you new tickets that will be valid for general admission (standing room only) for the Guns N' Roses concert at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena on Friday, October 20, 2006 at 8:00pm.  Please note, every ticket has a unique bar code and that of your original tickets will be invalidated and not be valid for entry.  If you request reserved seating or general admission (standing room only) tickets, Ticketmaster will be sending you new tickets with a new barcode which will grant you entry into the event.

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the seating you ordered. We really appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. 

Ticketmaster Customer Service
duasoul
Opening Act

I'm a One-Man Idiot

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 07:55:27 PM »

Ha, they're a little late posting it.

This was in my email today for all those attending Jax show:

Subj: Ticketmaster Event Alert -- Event Update -- Guns N Roses @ Jackso nville Veterans Memoral Arena (FLO EJC1020) 
Date: 10/5/06 7:02:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Reply-to: Firepond_CustomerSupportTM@ticketmaster.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your order for the Friday, October 20, 2006 performance of Guns N' Roses scheduled at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena. Unfortunately, due to changes associated with production, floor seating is now general admission.

Due to this change in seating we would like to give you the opportunity to exchange your floor reserved seat for a club reserved seat in the arena, or exchange your tickets for general admission tickets on the floor, or obtain a full refund, minus any ticketFast or UPS delivery fees. There will be no seating available on the floor.

In order to take advantage of this offer, you must reply to this email NO LATER THAN deadline FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2006, BY 12 NOON EASTERN TIME and include your daytime telephone number and Ticketmaster order confirmation number in order for a customer service representative to contact you.

If you do not contact us and/or we are not able to reach you by telephone on or before Friday, October 13, 2006, BY 12 NOON EASTERN TIME, then we will send you new tickets that will be valid for general admission (standing room only) for the Guns N' Roses concert at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena on Friday, October 20, 2006 at 8:00pm.  Please note, every ticket has a unique bar code and that of your original tickets will be invalidated and not be valid for entry.  If you request reserved seating or general admission (standing room only) tickets, Ticketmaster will be sending you new tickets with a new barcode which will grant you entry into the event.

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the seating you ordered. We really appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. 

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2006, 11:07:58 PM »

Hey, I just got new tix for the second floor.  I thought I would get a $30 refund per seat but they told me NO! It was the same price for floor seats on 116!  This is bullshit.  If I had known this I would not have gotten tickets at all!  I spent a bunch of money on nearby hotel rooms.  I could cancel but it would cost me my deposit.  Ticket Master Sucks!  I will be there anyway.  I'm just a stupid die hard fan.  I want to start a TICKET MASTER SUCKS THREAD in the main section but I fear I would get a slap on the hand from the mods or Jarmo for doing so...  Anyway, that's my rant...... Peace out....See y'all at the show.

It don't really matter...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 08:13:03 AM »

Hey, I just got new tix for the second floor.  I thought I would get a $30 refund per seat but they told me NO! It was the same price for floor seats on 116!  This is bullshit.  If I had known this I would not have gotten tickets at all!  I spent a bunch of money on nearby hotel rooms.  I could cancel but it would cost me my deposit.  Ticket Master Sucks!  I will be there anyway.  I'm just a stupid die hard fan.  I want to start a TICKET MASTER SUCKS THREAD in the main section but I fear I would get a slap on the hand from the mods or Jarmo for doing so...  Anyway, that's my rant...... Peace out....See y'all at the show.

I was even charged $5.00 more per ticket when I swapped my seats.  Ill help out with the TM sucks thread, I feel the same way you do.  I dont want to get bitch slapped either though.

EDIT: The expination for more expensive tockets:

Our records indicate you were charged the additional $10.20 for the order due to the fact that these seats are Club Level, and includes food service. You are able to order food from your seat location, while servers come and take your order, not all sections do offer this service.

If they are able to bring the beer to me, it is worth it!!
But I dont want to even guess how much a beer will be!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 03:18:34 PM by GnRFL » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 10:11:35 AM »

I will be at this show as well and I'm just keeping my standing room seats.

I am also willing to send text message updates to someone on the board for live updating if someone wants to PM me their telephone number.
ZSmasher
Opening Act

Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way.

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2006, 09:39:32 PM »

2 weeks left....

TicketBastard still can't get their act together, I just searched for tickets and they are coming up with Section F1 Row 6? lol

The ebayers are draggin on updating the listings, some have and reduced the price and listed as GA, while others are still claiming they have great floor seats. I hope the potential buyers are better informed.

I still haven't gotten a call from the local radio station that I won tickets from...seems like they should have em by now. Maybe I need to go camp out at their doorstep.?  rant
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2006, 01:03:09 AM »

..still get floor seats on TMs website.  Why they havent updated to list GA floor tickets is amazing.

EDIT- GA seating now listed again

Edit again: back to listing floor seats. Hope the concert sells out but is this an ethical way to do it ??
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 08:16:36 AM by GnRFL » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: