Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:08:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  WTF with all the thread deletion threads
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTF with all the thread deletion threads  (Read 4019 times)
anythinggoes
« on: November 02, 2006, 10:09:34 AM »

How many do we need its seems as soon as one is deleted the poster has to post here asking why can we have one sticky thread or something to deal with this.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 10:13:33 AM »

I think we need a Check-why-your-thread-was-deleted thread.
Like the karma one.

...or stop the massive deletion thing.  Roll Eyes
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:18:55 AM »

I believe I posted a valid thread which had no reason to be deleted, and I would just like to know why its not allowed to be discussed.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
anythinggoes
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 10:46:05 AM »

I believe I posted a valid thread which had no reason to be deleted, and I would just like to know why its not allowed to be discussed.

did i say it shouldnt be discussed i asked whether a sticky thread could be set up instead read my post again
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 10:50:58 AM »

My only thing is....I don't understand why people have to continue to make the same pointless threads hour after hour after hour. ?It's not like they have anything substantial to bring to the table that warrants them to seperate their opinion into a seperate thread henceforth clogging up the board. ?The album isn't released yet.......does that mean we need 10 different people to start a new thread saying "ohhh shucks, it's too late for the album to be released now even though the band said it would" or the ever so great, "ohhh geez, there was only 7000 tickets ?sold for a concert on a Tuesday night in Estero Florida, the band is definitely going to fail now." ?C'mon ?these people just recently starting popping up with this shit. ? Most of them have under 50 posts. ?What I think and here's my speculation!!!!....is that this whole massive whining thing that recently started is a last resort effort by the GNR naysayers to attempt to put the band down before their moment of glory. ?The positive reviews and shows going off without any problems have put them into work overtime to try to derail the fun train. ?They've already gotten under the skin of the board admin and the band itself. ?Kudos to the deleted threads.....they serve no other purpose than to clog up the board.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 10:54:34 AM »

I think we need a Check-why-your-thread-was-deleted thread.
Like the karma one.

...or stop the massive deletion thing.? Roll Eyes

yeah i couldn't have said it better myself, both your suggerstions are great and would work to stop this "problem" but if the mods stopped deleting all the threads there would have been a hundred threads about the same things 'cause the ones starting threads that otfen gets deleted are the ones that never read the rules or search if that kind of thread already exists, so i say "a Check-why-your-thread-was-deleted thread" would be the best alternative
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 11:26:52 AM »

How many do we need its seems as soon as one is deleted the poster has to post here asking why can we have one sticky thread or something to deal with this.

Yeah, this is something that's gotten out of control over the past few weeks.  I'd say one thread is the way to go.

Same goes for all of the "why did I get -1 karma point" threads.  Well, that one has been addressed in the sticky thread from the mods.  Maybe something similiar can be added.  I don't know.  I would imagine it would be quite the hassle for the mods to have to post in "Check here why your thread was deleted" thread every time they delete something.  As of late, topics are getting deleted quite a lot, so it may be better to have one thread for members to post in to ask why their thread was deleted as opposed to the other way around.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 11:33:42 AM »

Recently threads have been deleted because we were asked not to post certain things.

Other than that, the threads that actually get deleted are nothing but bullshit rumors and threads created by people to stir shit up.

Most "deleted" threads are merged with already existing ones or simply moved.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 11:37:07 AM »

Recently threads have been deleted because we were asked not to post certain things.

I know the rest of us were asked by you.
Who were you asked by?  Undecided

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 11:39:05 AM »

Who were you asked by?? Undecided

Can I ask what things can't be posted ? I guess it's anything related to the Del James article ?

Thank you,

Nico

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 11:55:27 AM »

Who were you asked by?? Undecided

The band's management asked not to post the article or the TV commercial.

Since the other article was pulled from the official site, we pulled the thread from the board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 11:59:57 AM »

Okay, thankx Jarmo.

So, no RS article, no HD commercial and no DJ article.

I bet something huge is on the way yes It's either a massive teasing operation or they have a strange way to communicate.

What we've got here is failure to communicate ... Grin

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 12:07:30 PM »

so jarmo, I guess it's best just to have a sticky in admin here to say that.  Then if anyone starts a "why was my thread deleted?" thread, it can be deleted or merged with that thread or something.  It just gets cluttered in here sometimes with all the members asking why their threads were deleted in separate threads.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 01:00:47 PM »

Who were you asked by?  Undecided

The band's management asked not to post the article or the TV commercial.

Since the other article was pulled from the official site, we pulled the thread from the board.

/jarmo

I see, I guess I've missed that, thanx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: