Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:09:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 3 - Huntington, WV @ Big Sandy Superstore Arena
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 3 - Huntington, WV @ Big Sandy Superstore Arena  (Read 41492 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: September 25, 2006, 02:46:17 PM »

Board members attending: AxelRosesGal, axlfan, Dirty Little Thing, DizzyReed63, greenhorn1, montycombs, superdave, toadie28

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live and Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Piano Jam, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, Robin Solo #2, Better, Band Introduction, Robin/Richard - "Beautiful", Out Ta Get Me, Piano Jam #2, November Rain, DOWN ON THE FARM, Bumblefoot Solo - "Don't Cry", Rocket Queen, I.R.S., My Michelle (with Baz), You're Crazy (LIES version), Used To Love Her, Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:53:15 AM by Christos AG » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
superdave
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 04:17:19 PM »

I WIL BE ATTENDING FRONT ROW, CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!? THIS SHOW IS LIKE 20 MINUTES FROM WHERE I LIVE, AND THE PLACE IS SO SMALL ITS LIKE THE SIZE OF MY BACK YARD!!!!!!!!? THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!! until the day of the show of course.....
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 04:22:20 PM »

Holy crap...Axl's going to Huntington!
Looks like I'll be paying my alma-mater a visit (Marshall U) this November.

rwm172
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 07:29:49 PM »

I WIL BE ATTENDING FRONT ROW, CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!? THIS SHOW IS LIKE 20 MINUTES FROM WHERE I LIVE, AND THE PLACE IS SO SMALL ITS LIKE THE SIZE OF MY BACK YARD!!!!!!!!? THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!! until the day of the show of course.....
How long of a drive is Huntington from the PA border is it near Morgantown?
superdave
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 08:09:47 PM »

i'm not 100% sure.  Huntington is RIGHT where KY(where im from), OH, and WV.  if anything i figured they'd go to charleston, WV.  Their arena is much bigger.  its like 2 hours away where im from
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 11:28:14 PM »

I WIL BE ATTENDING FRONT ROW, CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS SHOW IS LIKE 20 MINUTES FROM WHERE I LIVE, AND THE PLACE IS SO SMALL ITS LIKE THE SIZE OF MY BACK YARD!!!!!!!!  THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!! until the day of the show of course.....

Ill be there too man! I only live about 30 minutes away but I got two quick questions...

Is it General Admission on the floor? and How do I get the pre-sale password? I got the pre-sale when I saw Gn'R in NYC but I forget now.
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 11:50:40 PM »

Huntington is about 3-4 hours from north of Morgantown...just shoot down 79 to 64 keep going til you hit Marshall University's exit.
superdave
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 12:17:53 AM »

Ill be there too man! I only live about 30 minutes away but I got two quick questions...

Is it General Admission on the floor? and How do I get the pre-sale password? I got the pre-sale when I saw Gn'R in NYC but I forget now.

1. I'm assuming yes.  Most shows there are... I think..

2.  Don't know yet.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 12:19:09 AM »

I WIL BE ATTENDING FRONT ROW, CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS SHOW IS LIKE 20 MINUTES FROM WHERE I LIVE, AND THE PLACE IS SO SMALL ITS LIKE THE SIZE OF MY BACK YARD!!!!!!!!  THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!! until the day of the show of course.....

1. I'm assuming yes.  Most shows there are... I think..

2.  Don't know yet.

Cool, I really hope it's GA so me and my friend can get right up to the stage like I did at Hammerstein!  ok Can't wait to see you guys there! First time Gn'Rs played WV! (If i'm not mistaken)
basktqase
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 02:59:39 AM »

I cant believe that They are playing in my home state and I now live in effin NY(where no date has been announced).  I am from Morgantown and just recently moved here and I thought I would have a better chance of seeing them here when all of the dates started to be announced.  This kind of pisses me off.  Oh well.  They gotta come to NY some time.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 01:17:43 PM »

can anyone tell me what the capacity of this venue is?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
superdave
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 02:49:28 PM »

a couple thousand i'd think.  the arena use to be used for a local minor league hockey team.  but i wanna say the most recent acts to visit this place have been kid rock and godsmack.
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 04:29:27 PM »

can anyone tell me what the capacity of this venue is?

per wikipedia.org:

"The Big Sandy Superstore Arena is a city-owned 9,000-seat multi-purpose arena in Huntington, West Virginia. It is currently home to the Huntington Heroes indoor football team. The arena was built in 1976 as the Huntington Civic Center. Prior to this time the county-owned Veterans Memorial Fieldhouse was the primary venue for sports and concerts in the city. The city and Marshall University were unable to come to an agreement on the building and it was thus built as a concert only venue. Marshall basketball remained at the Fieldhouse until the completion of their own on-campus arena in 1981. All three buildings were thus placed in competition with unfortunate results.

In 1993, the facility was renamed the Huntington Civic Arena, and retrofitted to host team sports events. From 1993-2000, the facility was home to the Huntington Blizzard of the ECHL. It however remains an imperfect venue for sports. The arena now hosts concerts, other various sports and recreation activities and is where Marshall University's graduation ceremonies are held.

Big Sandy Superstore Arena will serve as the new home for the American Indoor Football League's Huntington Heroes starting in 2007. The team spent their inaugural 2006 season at Veterans Memorial Fieldhouse.

The naming rights for the facility were purchased by Big Sandy Superstores, a regional chain of furniture and appliance stores.

Big Sandy Superstore Arena is managed by Spectacor Management Group (SMG)."

I might be making the trek down to West Virginia if we don't get some (more or confirmed) Ohio dates soon.

To say what we are thinking.
superdave
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 05:17:43 PM »

agreed.  more OH and KY dates would be much appreciated.  cleveland is just a little bit too far.......
GnR1989
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 10:13:12 AM »

Floor is festival seating about $70.00 and sides are seated about $45.00.
Unsure of password, still checking with the local radio station.  Will post it when I find it.
Later
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 01:21:46 PM »

just got this email response from the arena:

"The floor will not have seating, it will be GA floor $65.  The elevated
seating is reserved $47 and $37 in back areas."

ok

To say what we are thinking.
rwm172
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 03:44:58 PM »

agreed.? more OH and KY dates would be much appreciated.? cleveland is just a little bit too far.......
OH, there isn't a single PA date I'm from Pittsburgh and saw them there in 02 thought maybe they would be back hopefully a date will be added.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 08:25:20 PM »

just got this email response from the arena:

"The floor will not have seating, it will be GA floor $65.  The elevated
seating is reserved $47 and $37 in back areas."

ok

Thank you so much for the info man!  ok
toadie28
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 09:52:57 PM »

I'm from Ky and I'll definitely be there. I can't believe they chose Huntington, I would have thought they would have went with Charleston or maybe even Rupp in Lexington. Hopefully I can get floor tix. Can't wait!!
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 09:57:48 PM »

I know it's against the rules to ask... But I missed the pre-sale today while I was at school, could someone PM me with it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: