Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 3 - Huntington, WV @ Big Sandy Superstore Arena
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 3 - Huntington, WV @ Big Sandy Superstore Arena  (Read 41490 times)
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2006, 02:54:07 AM »

Doors don't open until 7, but if there's a line, you could still probably crowd your way to the front once everyone is allowed in
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2006, 02:55:14 AM »

I'll have at least 3 people with me, I can't passup a 2 hour drive to see Guns.  Trying to figure out how many people this place holds?
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2006, 02:58:18 AM »

Around 7000
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2006, 03:03:13 AM »

Hmmm..so you think if I wait I can just go up to the box-office where they're playing and buy floor seats?
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2006, 03:07:34 AM »

As of yesterday, you could still buy 50 (the max) GA floor tickets at once. So you could probably do that. If you'd rather not chance it, just buy them tomorrow
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2006, 08:08:21 AM »

I'm gonna be at this show with a friend.  i'm showing up at 12:00 to make sure I get up front with GA.
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »

I hear that place seats under 4,000 people.  Can anyone tell me if that is true or not?
axlfan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2006, 10:33:54 AM »

this should help

The Big Sandy Superstore Arena is a city-owned 9,000-seat multi-purpose arena in Huntington, West Virginia. It is currently home to the Huntington Heroes indoor football team. The arena was built in 1976 as the Huntington Civic Center. Prior to this time the county-owned Veterans Memorial Fieldhouse was the primary venue for sports and concerts in the city. The city and Marshall University were unable to come to an agreement on the building and it was thus built as a concert only venue. Marshall basketball remained at the Fieldhouse until the completion of their own on-campus arena in 1981. All three buildings were thus placed in competition with unfortunate results.

In 1993, the facility was renamed the Huntington Civic Arena, and retrofitted to host team sports events. From 1993-2000, the facility was home to the Huntington Blizzard of the ECHL. It however remains an imperfect venue for sports. The arena now hosts concerts, other various sports and recreation activities and is where Marshall University's graduation ceremonies are held.

Big Sandy Superstore Arena will serve as the new home for the American Indoor Football League's Huntington Heroes starting in 2007. The team spent their inaugural 2006 season at Veterans Memorial Fieldhouse.

The naming rights for the facility were purchased by Big Sandy Superstores, a regional chain of furniture and appliance stores.

Big Sandy Superstore Arena is managed by Spectacor Management Group (SMG).

DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2006, 10:40:48 AM »

I'll be there up in the FF section above the stage left.
Looking forward to maybe meeting some of ya at the bars before/after.
I'll be the Marshall alumni with a STL hat.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2006, 03:16:35 PM »

I should be around there too. I'll have a Guns n Roses shirt on  Grin
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2006, 08:34:19 PM »

Ill be there wearing my hammerstein ballroom shirt and there shouldn't be too many people wearing that so if you see me just say hi.  beer
cope24
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2006, 10:05:43 PM »

i'll be the other person there with my hammerstein shirt on too  beer
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2006, 09:40:51 AM »

Shit, I was gonna wear my hammerstein, but now maybe I won't
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2006, 08:42:48 PM »

fuck im wearing my hammerstein shirt to msg!

Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2006, 04:22:07 AM »

Thanks for posting the setlists here now when Jarmo's not here!

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2006, 08:23:28 AM »

Thanks for posting the setlists here now when Jarmo's not here!

No problem, glad to do my job...

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2006, 12:47:59 PM »

Credit to Dirtly Little Thing (an ex-mygnr member)

Might have some video soon also..

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2006, 01:08:38 PM »

Credit to Dirtly Little Thing (an ex-mygnr member)

Might have some video soon also..

And a current HTGTH member  hihi

Yeah guys I hope to get some more pics and videos up today!
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2006, 02:00:55 PM »

I was there, front row. I had a black toboggan on and a 1991 Use Your Illusion tour shirt if anyone saw me. And, um, I was holding that girl who everone was pissed off at. Anyway...

Sabastian Bach was awesome. Crowd was into him the whole time. He had the girl standing two people down from me throw her hat to him. He gave it back.

Papa Roach needed a couple songs to win over the crowd. Their lead singer came over and was singing right in front of the rail. I got to shake hands with him. They won me over.

GNR came on at 11:21 (I had my cell phone out and just happened to look right as the lights went out). The place was on fire from start to finish, which is especially impressive considering this was about a 6 hour show. Axl seemed to be having a good time, enjoying the crowd (even at one point even jokingly telling us to 'calm down...' something to that effect). All through the night he was making comments about the crowd, cracking jokes, etc.

I haven't heard any of the downloads from the current tour, but the new songs sound a lot heavier than they do on the demos (and different from the 2002 live bootlegs). The crowd was into all of them. A ton of people knew the words.

Before Down On The Farm, Axl said, "Ok, what do you guys want to do now? .... That one? This has the potential to be a disaster. I haven't sang this song in 15 years." I forgot who asked, but yes, he did sing it with a British accent.

After the show was over, my friend and I went around back and got to talking to one of the security guards. He said they were all informed before the show that Axl was refusing to go on if a chiropractor wasn't brought to the arena and to be prepared for the worst. Good thing they found one!

All in all, it was the best concert I've ever been to. The band sounded great, Axl sounded great, GNR stayed on stage for about 2 hours, 40 minutes. Incredible night.
montycombs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2006, 03:14:50 PM »

Best concert I've ever been to...hands down.  Axl's voice was right on.  Bumblefoot's instrumental version of Don't Cry was one of my favorite parts of the show.  It was good to hear some new songs.  I was kinda disappointed that Madagascar wasn't played.  I loved the fact that they played songs like Used to Love Her, You're Crazy, and Down on the Farm.  Axl said he hopes to see us soon.  I hope they come back.  Anyone have any more pics from the show?

Does anyone have the complete set list from this show??
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 03:19:04 PM by montycombs » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: