Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOVEMBER 3 - Huntington, WV discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOVEMBER 3 - Huntington, WV discussion thread  (Read 48324 times)
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2006, 12:42:14 PM »

All the reviewers are absolutely LOVING this tour so far.

yeah, it seems like they are getting better reviews than they did in 91, definately better reviews than 02, these shows must fucking rock.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2006, 12:47:30 PM »

The only thing i notice is some somewhat diss on axls vocals. But i bet they dont even go by how he used to sing live. Back in the 90's he was a bit iffy on the vocals as well at times. Just I think people go by the vocals they hear on the album to determine his vocal range. Axl is more attempting to "sing" then he used to do in the 90's some of his vocals in the 90's were completey dead no tone at all. just completely bottomed out.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2006, 12:52:49 PM »

Axl sounds much better on tour than 2002, which makes this tour better.  Also, the band have so much energy now, and it just seems so much better.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #203 on: November 04, 2006, 12:55:01 PM »

The only thing i notice is some somewhat diss on axls vocals. But i bet they dont even go by how he used to sing live. Back in the 90's he was a bit iffy on the vocals as well at times. Just I think people go by the vocals they hear on the album to determine his vocal range. Axl is more attempting to "sing" then he used to do in the 90's some of his vocals in the 90's were completey dead no tone at all. just completely bottomed out.

Yeah, back in the day it was more hit or miss when it came to his vocals. Sometimes he sounded amazing, many times he sounded like shit. I think he is more consistent overall now, sounding pretty damned good day in and day out even though the "power" in his voice may not be what it was. When he was "on" back in the day, (freddy mercury, paris, etc), there was nothing better.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

The band IS A BAND. ?Everyone is enjoying each others company and playing off of each others vibes. ?Being a part of that show last night showed me this is the best lineup Axl could have came up with. ?Not just saying that because whoever Axl puts in the band is who we have to live with, I mean I do miss the one and only Buckethead, but this band is beyond GREAT. ?They nailed every song, just show Axl some love and he'll give it back witha ?killer setlist like we had last night. ?Perfect show, perfect set, great performance, a lot of chicks dancing on me a lot alcohol being consumed, everything you need for a killer GN'R show.
If The World
« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »

Axl sounds much better on tour than 2002, which makes this tour better.? Also, the band have so much energy now, and it just seems so much better.

How Do you Know?
lennonsong
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2006, 12:57:59 PM »

Please use a link, or else this is illegal.? If you copy and paste, you must provide a link.? I think many of us would appreciate it, nonetheless.? Thank you for locating this great review!? Must have been a great night!?

Sorry, I should have prefaced this by saying that I wrote the review.  Wasn't dissing Axl's vocals by the way.  Just making an observation compared to the boots I have from back-in-the-day.
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2006, 12:59:03 PM »

Wow, one of my favourite GNR songs, Down On The Farm!

I hope we gonna get some recordings now.

November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2006, 01:00:05 PM »

FUCK! It was awesome :drool:Axl fucking loved WV! He smiledALOT ?and a hell of alot of funny banter. It was funny everyone was juiced up in the deck and calling the mosh pit out during Papa Roach until Axl came on he seriously wore everyone out he rocked so fucking hard. My God this man is a force I will post a review probably tomorrow. BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! GNR tore the fucking house down!
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2006, 01:00:16 PM »

Please use a link, or else this is illegal.  If you copy and paste, you must provide a link.  I think many of us would appreciate it, nonetheless.  Thank you for locating this great review!  Must have been a great night! 

Sorry, I should have prefaced this by saying that I wrote the review.  Wasn't dissing Axl's vocals by the way.  Just making an observation compared to the boots I have from back-in-the-day.

One of the best written reviews I've read.  Do you write professionally? 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 04:10:49 PM by evergreen_layne » Logged

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2006, 01:00:52 PM »

Yeah, back in the day it was more hit or miss when it came to his vocals. Sometimes he sounded amazing, many times he sounded like shit. I think he is more consistent overall now, sounding pretty damned good day in and day out even though the "power" in his voice may not be what it was. When he was "on" back in the day, (freddy mercury, paris, etc), there was nothing better.

yeah when he was in.He obviously sang louder back then but he was less trying to "sing" if u know what i mean. in the 80's he was usually good. I think in the 90's a lot of times his voice would blow out, Sweet Child O Mine In Tokyo was the worst ive ever heard him...No tone at all. In Paris France he was really good though. But its live rock every singer is like that. especially a singer like Axl who has to belt out and range all around with his voice.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2006, 01:01:22 PM »

Axl was great in 02'. ?I don't see why people fuss over his voice so much, so what it was a little more high pitch, you could barely even notice anyway. ?He actually held screams MUCH longer in 02', but now that the old rasp is back his voice is in better shape. ?Just can't hold the screams like he did in 02'.
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2006, 01:02:54 PM »

His vocals were amazing he's obviously having a fucking great time. He screamed like a machine
lennonsong
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2006, 01:04:30 PM »

One of the best written reviews I read.? Do you write professionally??

Hey thanks!  Sometimes.  I mostly freelance for beer money.  It's hard to make a living in rock journalism these days unless you're already established.  I was just excited to get free tickets to check out one of my fave rock bands.  Tried to be objective where I could.  Wink
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2006, 01:04:39 PM »

Axl was great in 02'.  I don't see why people fuss over his voice so much, so what it was a little more high pitch, you could barely even notice anyway.  He actually held screams MUCH longer in 02', but now that the old rasp is back his voice is in better shape.  Just can't hold the screams like he did in 02'.

I thought so too. 02 and 06 he defanetly hits higher notes then the 90's. 02 he hit a few off notes but when ur singing like that its gonna be more obvious. singing the way he did in the early 90's its almost impossible to hit offnotes when ur singing the way he was.

www.bluejayfever.com

Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2006, 01:27:40 PM »

Down on the farm is a great song ! Great that they played it !

TSI is not a good album

Can?t wait for Civil War

TSI is a great album, with Aint it Fun being the greatest song on it.

Nope, most of the songs doesn?t fit GNR...An EP would have been better instead of an whole album

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2006, 01:30:31 PM »

I don't think the accent is meant to insult anyone. I hear americans love a brit accent. confused

Axl was great in 02'.  I don't see why people fuss over his voice so much, so what it was a little more high pitch, you could barely even notice anyway.  He actually held screams MUCH longer in 02', but now that the old rasp is back his voice is in better shape.  Just can't hold the screams like he did in 02'.

agreed. and that clear voice is the proof that the said damage from smoking, drinking and the overuse of voice were just temporary in his case and is gone.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2006, 01:36:14 PM »

Heres some photos from  Louis Brems/The Herald-Dispatch

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=C1&Dato=20061104&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=1104002&Ref=PH

PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2006, 01:43:18 PM »

what happened to the update thread so that I can see what the set list was in my home state?

Setlist thanks to mr. brownstone.

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Live and Let Die
5. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
6. You Could Be Mine
7. Robin Solo
8. Sweet Child O' Mine
9. Piano Jam
10. Dizzy Solo
11. The Blues
12. Robin Solo #2
13. Better
14. Band Introduction
15. Robin/Richard - "Beautiful"
16. Out Ta Get Me
17. Piano Jam #2
18. November Rain
19. DOWN ON THE FARM
20. Bumblefoot Solo - "Don't Cry"
21. Rocket Queen
22. I.R.S.
23. My Michelle (with The Bazinator)
24. You're Crazy (LIES version)
25. Used To Love Her
26. Patience
27. Nightrain
------
28. Chinese Democracy
29. Paradise City

GOOD FUCKIN NIGHT!

Awesome setlist! And great pics. Thanks holtzmn73!
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2006, 01:49:48 PM »

Thanks for posting!  beer
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: