Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Saddam sentanced to Death
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saddam sentanced to Death  (Read 32873 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 04:02:51 PM »

he deserved to die as does many others such as Ehud Olmert

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 04:03:32 PM »

This from the same people who got upset by a botched joke by John Kerry, I am totally disgusted. Dont call our troops stupid, but hoping for their bloodshed and possible death is acceptable no

Same people?

You need to re-think that comment. This is coming from one person.

I'm aware of that, and no offense to you Drew, but Brody and his stooges like to share a brain so I just automatically lump them all into the same group. I dont recall you being a member of that group, so it was not directed at you.

I am not for or against any political party. I am just against idiots trying to shove their opinions down our throats............................................ ok I guess I am against political parties. And Religious groups.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 04:08:33 PM »

you can only hope.. 

You hope for more bloodshed?  Thats pretty dispicable.  Innocent civilians and American soldiers may die, but you "can only hope." 

This from the same people who got upset by a botched joke by John Kerry, I am totally disgusted. Dont call our troops stupid, but hoping for their bloodshed and possible death is acceptable no

I think Brody was referring to SLC, meaning to say "I bet you hope there is more bloodshed".  Which, if that is the case is so fucking funny b/c Brody will have become the 2nd victim of a "botched joke" within one week. HAHAHAHAHAHHA

If I'm wrong and he was saying he hopes there is more bloodshed, well, then hes just king of all douches. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 04:15:33 PM »

I think Brody was referring to SLC, meaning to say "I bet you hope there is more bloodshed".  Which, if that is the case is so fucking funny b/c Brody will have become the 2nd victim of a "botched joke" within one week. HAHAHAHAHAHHA

I'm sure the irony would be missed...........bigtime.

If I'm wrong and he was saying he hopes there is more bloodshed, well, then hes just king of all douches. 

Either option leaves him looking bad.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 04:17:52 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 05:43:46 PM »

last i checked it was an Iraqi Judge, Iraqi Jury and the Iraqi people who tried him.

Just because you cant see the rest of the man, doesn't mean the sock puppet is alive....

...and a kangaroo court is a kangaroo court regardless of who's presiding - Saddam had no chance for a fair trial, and then to execute the man, wow, two wrongs must make a right in Baghdad

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 05:51:38 PM »

last i checked it was an Iraqi Judge, Iraqi Jury and the Iraqi people who tried him.

Just because you cant see the rest of the man, doesn't mean the sock puppet is alive....

...and a kangaroo court is a kangaroo court regardless of who's presiding - Saddam had no chance for a fair trial, and then to execute the man, wow, two wrongs must make a right in Baghdad

"two wrongs"Huh  The guy was a sadistic dictator.  The world is a better place without him.  He should be executed.  Hanging seems a bit dramatic but its no comparison to the suffering he inflicted.  As for a "fair" trial - I think his guilt is pretty apparent.  While I'm no fan of this war, lets not pretend Sadamm was innocent and Iraq was all rivers of chocolate with candy cane trees.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 06:08:39 PM »

"two wrongs"Huh? The guy was a sadistic dictator.? The world is a better place without him.? He should be executed.? Hanging seems a bit dramatic but its no comparison to the suffering he inflicted.? As for a "fair" trial - I think his guilt is pretty apparent.? While I'm no fan of this war, lets not pretend Sadamm was innocent and Iraq was all rivers of chocolate with candy cane trees.

my point is simple - Saddam most likely was guilty, but executing him lowers us to his level

To claim this is 'justice' is self delusion.

I dont think the trail stands up to any kind of 'fair' standard - murdered defence lawyers for instance, accusations of bias leveled at the various judges involved  -the very nature of the trail itself

The trail needed to be heard in a neutral country, and life imprisonment, and not death, would be closer to justice

He kills Iraqis, Iraqis kill him - and yet when our puppet court does it, thats ''justice''

Frankly, my idea of justice is a bit more noble

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 06:13:53 PM »

We could make him read Rosesofvelvet.com everyday.

Or is that too inhumane also?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 06:41:56 PM »

ok... im against saddam as much as you  people but i think death by hanging is kinda primitive.. Like you would have though we have aged more as a country but no were still doing hangings. i think i wouldve rathered them do a lethal injection as to hanging IMO

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 06:46:17 PM »

ok... im against saddam as much as you  people but i think death by hanging is kinda primitive.. Like you would have though we have aged more as a country but no were still doing hangings. i think i wouldve rathered them do a lethal injection as to hanging IMO

If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't the USA who sentenced him but the Iraqi government.  yes hanging is barbaric if you ask me, but so are a lot of sentences/punishments in islam/muslim countries.  When it comes to war crimes, I am a big proponent of the death penalty.

Brody
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 08:27:46 PM »

you can only hope..

Since when did dealing with reality equal "hope"?

They already tightened security in Baghdad before the verdict, so by your "logic" that would mean our own military is "hoping" the place would get more violent too.  Roll Eyes

No, If you read it the way i wrote it! "YOU" not "I" 

We all know that you get off on all the death and destruction cause you think it helps you politically.

you can only hope.. 

You hope for more bloodshed?  Thats pretty dispicable.  Innocent civilians and American soldiers may die, but you "can only hope." 

Im not going to defend this cause if you had any common sense, which you obviously lack you would know i was implying SLC Could only hope for more death.  "YOU" not "I"  If I was to say "I could only Hope" that would mean I want more death, but no I said "You could only hope"

Now as far as it being a botched joke, Its not. It wasnt meant as a joke but if you people want to make the lives of American soldiers a joke then so be it.

We all know SLC gets an extra skip in his step when he hears the news of another GI killed, Its purely political to him. He would have you think he supports the troops but he mocks them all the time.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 08:35:43 PM »

....so it was wrong for Saddam to execute people..... but a US kangaroo court can do it...and have it called 'justice'

God bless our hypocrisy, may it forever keep us from seeing what we truly are

No Saddam thread would be complete without a "blame america first" comment.  Who's gonna be the first to post that Bush should be the one on trial?  Any takers?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2006, 08:42:01 PM »

Now as far as it being a botched joke, Its not.

So you admit you were being serious when you said you hoped there would be more bloodshed?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Brody
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2006, 08:52:39 PM »

....so it was wrong for Saddam to execute people..... but a US kangaroo court can do it...and have it called 'justice'

God bless our hypocrisy, may it forever keep us from seeing what we truly are

No Saddam thread would be complete without a "blame america first" comment.  Who's gonna be the first to post that Bush should be the one on trial?  Any takers?

It is Americas fault we are to blame for all the worlds problems. hell when something good happens and a evil man is sentenced to death its Americas  fault.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2006, 08:54:45 PM »

He doesn't have to hope for more bloodshed, there will be more bloodshed. A full blown civil war will erupt, the United States with "stay the course".....more and more people will die, George Bush will give speeches about how much safer the world is now that Saddam is dead for crimes from 25 years ago........Not to mention the fun North Korea and Iran will provide.......

Keep CNN tuned in.......so you know when to kiss your ass goodbye.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2006, 09:31:15 PM »

you can only hope..

They already tightened security in Baghdad before the verdict, so by your "logic" that would mean our own military is "hoping" the place would get more violent too.  Roll Eyes

We all know that you get off on all the death and destruction cause you think it helps you politically.

you can only hope.. 

Im not going to defend this cause if you had any common sense, which you obviously lack you would know i was implying SLC Could only hope for more death.  "YOU" not "I"  If I was to say "I could only Hope" that would mean I want more death, but no I said "You could only hope"

Now as far as it being a botched joke, Its not. It wasnt meant as a joke but if you people want to make the lives of American soldiers a joke then so be it.

We all know SLC gets an extra skip in his step when he hears the news of another GI killed, Its purely political to him. He would have you think he supports the troops but he mocks them all the time.

Give me a break.  We weren't the ones "hoping for more bloodshed".  I hope your men don't read that comment, they'd prob frag you.  You can "think" you know all about SLC being happy that US troops get killed, but at least hes never said so, unlike yourself who is hoping for it. 

Rather then apologize for your comments you just lash out at all your "enemies".  That was a pretty despicable thing to say.  Own up to your retarded comment and apologize to everyone.

Brody
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2006, 09:42:32 PM »

you can only hope..

you can only hope.. 

Give me a break.  We weren't the ones "hoping for more bloodshed".  I hope your men don't read that comment, they'd prob frag you.  You can "think" you know all about SLC being happy that US troops get killed, but at least hes never said so, unlike yourself who is hoping for it. 

Rather then apologize for your comments you just lash out at all your "enemies".  That was a pretty despicable thing to say.  Own up to your retarded comment and apologize to everyone.
go back and reread.
Kid A
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 11:07:23 PM »

Yeah, yet another victory for American Democracy.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 11:09:07 PM »

That ain't never gonna happen.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 11:09:38 PM »

Yeah, yet another victory for American Democracy.

How so?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: