Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:36:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Saddam sentanced to Death
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saddam sentanced to Death  (Read 32866 times)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2006, 08:02:54 PM »

I'm new here and I've been reading a lot of the posts in this topic and a lot of them have the same theme that "BUSH fucked up!". Last I checked in the United States still has the War Powers Resolution which limits the ability of the President to deploy armed forces without the consent of congress 60 days after deployment. And don't get into the "he tricked them with false security reports" because the governemnts of France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Russian, and Australia all had intelligence similiar to our own. We also live in a representative democracy, so regardless of which side of the political spectrum your representative lies, you can still persuade his vote to coincide with your own agenda if you get the majority of the constituents in the state/district to agree. So instead of pointing fingers at the wrong people, ask yourself how much have you communicated to your representative of this situation?

what you have to ask yourself is how this crook can prey on fear, manipulate "democracy," wage an illegal war of terror, and not face any repercussions...

And how exactly do you conclude that the President AND Congress of a sovereign nation commited an illegal act when:

1. the planned deployment accorded with the sense of Congress, as expressed in section 8147 of the Department of Defense Appropriations Act

2. the planned deployment satisfied the requirements of the War Powers Resolution

I would love to hear what was illegal about these actions and how democracy was manipulated.

shut up Randall? hihi
  huh?
Kid A
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2006, 08:13:17 PM »

I can asure you me and Randall are not the same person.

Only Saddam and Hitler committed genocide on their own people. ?I don't know if you were trying to compate Bush and Hitler or Saddam and Bush, but either one is false.

Bush has killed more people in Iraq then Saddam has at this point.

And the right wing fascists that post here should remember that.

That is ridiculous. ?I'm assuming you are getting your numbers from that ridiculous British study the Wallstreet Journal published. ?Even if we assume that to be true, how is Bush responsible for those deaths? ?Remember ?Saddam revered Stalin who killed 20 million people, his own death toll is a lot smaller but in a country with a population of 22 million, his numbers in percentages are very close.

800,000+, If Saddam killed that much over his reign as president people would have noticed, but since its part of the spread of American Democracy through out the Middle East, it's OK. Get your figures from a non-American source.

By the way I will not answer anyone who quotes me, if anyone wants to defend Bush over this then shame on them.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 08:33:16 PM by Kid A » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2006, 08:23:09 PM »

bush leads the US into a war. so he's hitler.

Dems vote FOR the war. they are good people.

so blame bush and hold him responsible, but give the dems a free ride.

makes no sense to me.

i have alot of respect for people like menendez who have been honest and not politicized an issue that is so critical.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »

Bush is the commander in cheif and therefore he is held responsible for the war.  I agree that the Dems are at fault too but for different reasons.  They are guilty of not having enough balls to stand up to Bush and ask the tough questions that needed to be asked.  That can be said for the entire Congress but that is another thread in and of itself.  Bush fear mongered his way to reelection by scaring the shit out of little old ladies and idiots that actually believe that their small town has a chance of being attacked by terrorists.  Bush has done nothing but stir up the terorists even more.  To quote Bill Maher from Friday's show, "BUsh is like the guy who throws shit all over your yard and then trys to sell you something to get rid of the flies."
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2006, 09:33:02 PM »

Part of being an American is speaking up. Voice = change, which you will probably see tomorrow.

You said that 4 years ago, but more emphatically at that time.

I'm sure you are right this time, because if the dems don't take both the senate and the house tomorrow there is just no hope for you guys at all.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2006, 09:52:22 PM »

Sorry to those keeping the peace around here - i've gotta lock this thread.  It's moving much to fast to moderate and it's way political anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: