Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227772 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 68801 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: November 08, 2006, 02:26:22 AM »

I normally do not respond on HTGTH but a number of your posts have been brought to my attention today and I feel it is right to take the time to dispel the negative speculation through a statement of facts:

1. The show in Portland was cancelled last night because the fire marshall made it impossible for us to believe we could do our show without putting at risk the safety of the fans and the band.  They made it clear that they intended to harrass our fans, crew and the band through enforcing rules and regulations that are 200 years old to an extent that has not been applied to other artists and that we believed would make the gig a potential time bomb that would explode. Our Production Manager Chris Gratton is a seasoned pro who has worked with everyone from Korn to R Kelley and has terrific relationships with Fire Marshalls and authorities all over the world. This is the first time he has ever come to us and said this is a dangerous situation and these people intend to use their authority in a negative way against our fans, our band and our crew and I need you to do something about it.

The cancellation had nothing to do with pyro or ticket sales. Putting our fans, band and crew first cost $200,000 last night so we did not make the decision without great thought and care and it was made in consultation with our agents and our promoter both of whom lost money as a result and both of whom supported our decision 100% as they too could see that the authorities were more than overzealous in their approach. For all of you to be speculating without any knowledge or credible information that the responsibility for this is Axl's or the band's is nonsense. This band has performed more than 50 shows this year without incident and had every intention of performing last night. They did not perform because we - the professionals around the band - stopped them as we did not feel it was safe for them or for the fans. We take our responsibility to the band seriously and we take our responsibility to the fans seriously. Now if you want to vent your spleens about this do it to the people responsible ie the fire marshalls. We named them for a reason. They are the reason why the Cumberland County Civic Center did not rock last night.

2. I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you. We are not. If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into something ugly. When GN'R gets on stage every night for two and a half hours it is a positive force. The thousands of fans who are there every night lose themselves and have a great time. That is what rock n' roll is all about but unfortunately the 300 of you that aren't even at the gigs spread a negativity that does not reflect the reality at all as evidenced by the original thread on the Meadowlands show. We were there. We saw 11,000 fans having a great time. We had a great time. For the people in the room it was a great night but it wasn't to be for those of you at home sitting around your computers.

Jarmo is your greatest ally and he has a proximity to us that is to your benefit. No one else in the online community has it. He has credible information for you directly from the source. We are not looking for any negative favours. It is not how the band has ever operated. It is not how Axl operates and it is not how I operate.

3. Ticket sales.
Guns N' Roses have sold almost 200,000 tickets already for this run and we still have 7 weeks to go. We have sold almost 50,000 tickets in the New York area alone this year between Hammerstein Ballroom, the Meadowlands and Madison Square Garden on the back of one interview with Ed Trunk and before the album has come out.  Most bands do not go to Portland, Maine because it is what the music business calls a "soft market" but we had a lot of letters from fans in the area and we were determined to play there  regardless of whether it was "only" 3500 people. We are doing something positive in a negative world. If you are with us fantastic. If you want to  live your live in an adverse way stay at home.

4. This is from Axl:
I would like to apologise to all of the fans in Maine for the show not happening last night. It was important for us to play there and it is a shame  that what should have been a great night for all of us was not possible due to the actions of two people. I agree with and ultimately take responsibility for the end decision not to jeopardise the safety of the fans, the  crews, the bands and myself as a result of the methods of these particularly draconian authorities. We are not trying to get away or get out of anything or pull a fast one by combining ticket sales as has been speculated. There are reasons that I have not spoken more about Montreal and Philadelphia that have been extremely complicated and are not legally resolved behind the scenes to this day and could have possibly jeopardized the future of Guns N' Roses.

We have chosen to take the public heat for these events in order to have another shot at the future today with a new album.
The professionals around me felt that Portland was a potentially explosive situation that could have had a somewhat similar result based on the behaviour of the two aforementioned fire marshals (it's not my 1st barbeque!) had the fans been given entry to the building and the show started. In respect of these opinions , our fans, the people of Portland, and the bands scheduled to play with us that night, unfortunately the only sensible decision was not to take that chance. We hope to find another way to play for you in the future. Thanks for even trying to see us. It sincerely is much more than appreciated.

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 02:29:20 AM »

That is great, thanks.

So tired of the negative posts....................
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 02:35:43 AM »

Seriously, this is very nice of Axl/Merck to take the time to give this information to us personally, not that they should have had to, but a nice gesture.  Thank you very much!  Your true fans appreciate this! peace
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 02:35:47 AM »

Cool that they took the time to clear this up.

Can't wait for Ottawa. ? ok
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 02:37:30 AM »

Good to hear that.

BTW, I'm curious. Did Axl just mean Vancouver, but mistakenly said Montreal? Granted, the phrase makes sense with either one, but Vancouver was closer to Philadelphia.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 02:38:39 AM »

thank you merck and axl for shedding more light.  ok   

unfortunately nothing will shut up those who are already set and bank on seeing this fail.  no 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 02:39:13 AM »

Can't wait for Ottawa.   ok

It is very nice that they did that. But it still sucks that Beta came on here and essentially did the same thing and got treated like crap. Ron also clarified the matter and it still was not good enough from some people.

I'd bet some posters still bellyache after this too.
Wizzah
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 02:40:22 AM »

Thanks Jarmo

This is a classic Axl line..

"the bands and myself as a result of the methods of these particularly draconian authorities. "
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 02:41:34 AM »

After reading all that shit yesterday I was waiting for something like this. it got way to outta hand.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 02:44:12 AM »

This is great. I love all the communication between the band and fans now. I hope everyone stops speculation on what they think happened.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 02:44:45 AM »

It is very nice that they did that. But it still sucks that Beta came on here and essentially did the same thing and got treated like crap. Ron also clarified the matter and it still was not good enough from some people.

I guess I missed the Beta incident, although I have seen her name being mentioned a lot recently. 

I just wanted to get my appreciation in before the onslaught of people pick this message to shreds... and you're right, it IS coming.   nervous
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 02:45:04 AM »

thanks.
Now I can shut up and stop complaining. I got what I wanted ?smoking

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 02:45:35 AM »

Can't wait for Ottawa.   ok

There will always be some that are never satisfied.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 02:45:59 AM »

Thanks for the communication

I think people should realize that the band and management are going the extra mile this time around. I think they have heard our frustrations of the past and realize that it is important to communicate when necessary. I think a lot of people around here should start appreciating the effort we are seeing from gnr and mgmt in terms of going out of there way to inform us on certain things.

Some might argue that most normal bands communicate with there fans on better circumstances than gnr. And they have a point. But we know this isnt a normal band and we also know what the past has been like in regards to this band and comunication.

They are making big strides and thats good to know. This past yr has been a big yr for the band and fans. Some GREAT club shows, a successful European tour, and a positive US tour thus far. Not to mention some new kickass songs, better communication, Axl sightings, etc....The ball is finally rolling and it appears as if things are on track for what we all want. Hopefully we will have that disc by the end of the yr so we can officially celebrate a BIGTIME yr from the worlds greatest band. If CD is in our hands by the end of the yr, 06 will be looked upon as a bigtime yr in GNr histroy.

Bring the noise...MSG is days away.what an EXPERIENCE it will be......
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 03:04:32 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 02:47:07 AM »

Good post!

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 02:49:13 AM »

Thanks again for the message.  Sadly when we don't hear anything we start to think the worst, but this should clear up any lasting issues about last night.  20 hours till showtime, and I can't wait for Worcester.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 02:49:46 AM »

Just wanted to make sure that there's no confusion about this.

We've gotten messages from Beta, Merck and Axl about this now, there's no need to turn this into a "why won't they talk about this and that instead?" thread.

Anybody who even thinks about writing something negative in this thread questioning the message, please logout now and don't come back.

You obviously don't believe what people in and around the band say, so there's no need to stick around here with that attitude. You better get find your GN'R news somewhere else.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 02:51:59 AM »

We needed that communication.

Now on to MSG!!!

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 02:52:48 AM »

Looking forward to Chicago, Axl!!!!!   beer

justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 02:52:57 AM »

cool.

i already know that some negative cunts that post around here and other sites will try to turn this update against Axl.

fucking whiners... but i guess that's what you get when you start talking about a new album 7 years before it comes out...

thanks for the info Merck & co... fuck the haters, bring on Chi Dem  ok

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: